Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511896 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1590 on: February 28, 2018, 07:14:33 AM »
Good Video/

Controlled Spin?.     

LOL,   Imagine that!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 28, 2018, 07:17:28 AM »
Good Video/

Controlled Spin?.     

LOL,   Imagine that!

Had to be a politician to coin it.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1592 on: February 28, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »
Good Video/

Controlled Spin?.     

LOL,   Imagine that!

Had to be a politician to coin it.

Several of us were using those exact words when they first released information about the coaster...  And I don't think any of us are politicians here.  (well, ok, maybe one person...  hehe)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 28, 2018, 08:53:08 AM »
Isn't the whole earth just one big "controlled spin" ride...lol

Good video...they are directly addressing the general public's concern of the spinning 'issue'.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:56:19 AM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 01, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »
Boy, I haven't checked in awhile and there have been a lot of updates.  My general feelings for all this are both good and bad.
As far as Time Traveler itself goes, it seems they've put a lot of work into this and it is a BIG deal and should be a great coaster.  I think the spinning will be fine.  The cars look to be very smooth and comfortable and the coaster thrilling.
However, the theme so far is not impressing me.  I wasn't all excited about the time traveler idea in the first place, and even the building, logo and signage they've posted so far just does not fit SDC in my opinion.  They are not finished however and I haven't seen it in person.

As far as the area goes, it's hard for me to picture exactly what I'm looking at in the pictures.  Part of me is very worried about the entire area.  Sorry to see Cowboy Jepps move but it's still around; greatest gift was a nice store and I made some purchases but it wasn't an SDC hallmark.  I always hated the baseball bats (and I'm a baseball fan). Good to get it off the street.
I'm glad they are naming the skillet buckshot annies.  Also glad they kept hatfield's as that's the best IMO.
The new restaurant chicken sandwich idea I really like.  A chicken sandwich and some tasty fries, or the grilled cheese options, is a great idea.  They'll need to really sell the theme however.  The best restaurants in SDC have great theme that's very intricate and OZARK themed.

I guess I'll find out more in June.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 03, 2018, 02:51:10 AM »
White River Valley Electric terminates Silver Dollar City coaster sponsorship

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_cce9042e-1e41-11e8-8b9e-ef4b39b1934f.html

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1596 on: March 03, 2018, 04:13:51 AM »
Oh lovely, sounds like corporate/political shenanigans.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 03, 2018, 06:35:24 AM »
they should be able to find another sponsor of need be... 

BUT the sponsorship did not make or break the bamk as far as funding the coaster...  only 430,000 dollars in 5 years?...  in the total scheme of overhead costs and building costs,,,,,  not a big hit to SDC... 

Too bad SDC cant eliminate the 11% of power they use from them, since they "changed" their mind....  LOL

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1598 on: March 03, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »
I'm kinda concerned about them reaching out for corporate sponsorship of rides. That's a very Six Flags style move. White River would have been a good fit if they were going to do it, but clearly someone didn't think it through all the way. I wonder what the next sponsor will be...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1599 on: March 03, 2018, 12:09:56 PM »
I'm kinda concerned about them reaching out for corporate sponsorship of rides. That's a very Six Flags style move. White River would have been a good fit if they were going to do it, but clearly someone didn't think it through all the way. I wonder what the next sponsor will be...

So we’re going to ignore the fact that Disney does this too?  Ok.  Cool.
SWOOSH

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 03, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »

So we’re going to ignore the fact that Disney does this too?  Ok.  Cool.
::)
The board jerk strikes again. Would have been just as easy to say Disney does it and in your opinion its okay.

Im with Shave that its not a good move, and its irrelevant to me what Disney does, I dont go to Disney or read their forums.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 03, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »
As a member of a electric Coop I would have been very irritated and pissed off if my money was going to sponsor a attraction at a amusement park.  Rates continue to rise and they have 430,000 dollars to basically put up a sign . Forget that.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1602 on: March 03, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
I haven't been to Disney, so I don't know how it is there, but I do know what ride sponsorships look like at comparable parks around here and I've never been impressed. Already a lot of sponsorships and in park ads at SDC and there are more every year. The actual ads are crowding out the old fake tongue-in-cheek ads.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1603 on: March 03, 2018, 03:46:56 PM »
I hesitate to put the idea out there, but TT could easily visit the future and bring Chic-Fil-A back to brand the new "restaurant".  Obviously TT has already brought 80s music and modern circus acts back to the 1880s.

Was this really an endorsement where an electric company would see advertising on the ride?  How would the company be compensated for their sponsorship?  Would they somehow see a kickback based on ridership?  I understand advertising, but are tourists going to go back home and rewire everything to a Branson Electric Company?  We don't really get to choose our electric company.

Dare I say, this particular sponsorship just sounds stupid to me.  Now Timex wants to hop on board, I might be OK with that.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 03, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »
I believe when the Flooded Mine changed to a Shoot-Out the sign out front said it was sponsored by Coca-Cola.  With as many Coke products as SDC sells I can understand that.
I'm Your Huckleberry