Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511992 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1560 on: February 08, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
I imagine they want another dining area they can use in the winter - hence the roof for this area

And that will be the only eating area on that side of park, 
not counting the few timea RG is open or they have food in the Frisco Barn.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 09, 2018, 09:21:24 AM »
I personally think the time of the "picnic tables for those who bring in lunches" is past as this new dining area will be pretty obvious that it is designed for the new replacement skillet restaurant and the new restaurant that went up.

Yes, that out of the path in the shaded area will be missed.  I question how many tables they will lose.  Unfortunately those tables at the mine will probably be quite sunny, maybe they are planting a few trees for those that cant do the sun. I hope,

Think more of the dining area for Rib House on the right side closest to Lost River

Yeap....That is are other go to picnic spot - Always shaded - usually not crowed and can be down right peaceful with the lost river flowing nearby.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 09, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
[
Yeap....That is are other go to picnic spot

Somehow, I got that.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 15, 2018, 07:08:25 AM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1564 on: February 15, 2018, 11:02:09 AM »
Very cool, thanks for pointing it out. I completely missed it at first.

I wonder if the old water fountain with the "filter" gag is still there. I assume it is, it would be just out of frame of these photos.

Looks very sharp. Very nice to see the continuation of the classic architecture. Lots of fresh stone work going in too. I'm sure there will be some great theming details coming soon as well.

You can't really see it in these photos, but the concrete work in front of the exit gift shop kind of infers that the area there has been opened up a lot too. You couldn't hardly squeeze through there before, but now it looks like it is almost out in the open by itself. Don't see a new sign for TNT yet. Maybe that is coming?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 15, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »
Very cool, thanks for pointing it out. I completely missed it at first.

I wonder if the old water fountain with the "filter" gag is still there. I assume it is, it would be just out of frame of these photos.

Looks very sharp. Very nice to see the continuation of the classic architecture. Lots of fresh stone work going in too. I'm sure there will be some great theming details coming soon as well.

You can't really see it in these photos, but the concrete work in front of the exit gift shop kind of infers that the area there has been opened up a lot too. You couldn't hardly squeeze through there before, but now it looks like it is almost out in the open by itself. Don't see a new sign for TNT yet. Maybe that is coming?

I was actually looking for some other info and stumbled onto these pics... 

If you look at other "threads" on the blog there are other interesting pics and info..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1566 on: February 20, 2018, 07:45:39 PM »
Another new update on the blog today about Time Traveler: https://blog.silverdollarcity.com/article/time-traveler-tuesday-update

So now the theming is finally getting put into place. Looks nice so far. I think the lowest level might end up being the coolest since it is supposed to be whats left of the clock shop that they are building this time machine in.

The room being shown in this update is the far side of the second level, so this will be the big contraption hanging in the center that we were speculating about earlier.

Very cool to have something to look forward to each week. Can't wait to see more details.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 21, 2018, 07:34:56 AM »
This is the type of theming I was expecting to see.. I am anxious to see finished product... 

and it will be very interesting to see the big piece that will be in the middle area, I am sure it will quite amazing

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1568 on: February 22, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »
We have an update on the 2018 City Shuffle.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/02/city-shuffle-sdc.html

Shops are moving around - some are no longer with us. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 23, 2018, 08:22:47 AM »
Swoosh, good update..

Reall helps show where the new and old projects are located..

SO ready to make that first walk to see the differences..

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 23, 2018, 11:23:12 AM »
SDC is running a contest to be the first to ride Time Traveler. Looks like the rides will be during the soft opening on the 13th.

http://firsttimetravelersweepstakes.pgtb.me/MR0sHS/nFFJp

There was also additional information about rider requirements. I'm not sure if they have posted this info before.
...a minimum of 51” in height in order to enter. Larger or taller guests (including guests who weigh more than 200 lbs., have a chest dimension of 52 inches or greater, or a 40 inch waistline) may not be able to ride.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1571 on: February 23, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »
Wow, definitely more shuffling than usual in addition to the physical changes near Time Traveler. Moving the baseball cart into an actual store is another important step to ease congestion in that area. Mortimer's new place will give them a better spot to put the little magic show on.

So the quilt/yarn shop is gone for good, which I think most of us knew was coming... is Greatest Gift gone as well? Also the shop that sold those signs... not that it was anything different than the signs that clutter every craft fair these days. I hope they can bring back a quilt shop again sometime since that's one of the few crafts that some people still really connect to and it's easy to make a shop for it.

^Also good to get confirmation that the ride is set to open with the park. Not that there was much doubt, but it was ambiguous. Ride conditions sound pretty standard. The weight thing is probably just to be on the safe side. It's all about how you are "built"

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 23, 2018, 02:02:33 PM »
I hope they can bring back a quilt shop again sometime since that's one of the few crafts that some people still really connect to and it's easy to make a shop for it.

The new park map shows Miss Kate's Quilts will be located across where the yarn shop was located.

Jay

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1573 on: February 23, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
SDC is running a contest to be the first to ride Time Traveler. Looks like the rides will be during the soft opening on the 13th.

http://firsttimetravelersweepstakes.pgtb.me/MR0sHS/nFFJp

There was also additional information about rider requirements. I'm not sure if they have posted this info before.
...a minimum of 51” in height in order to enter. Larger or taller guests (including guests who weigh more than 200 lbs., have a chest dimension of 52 inches or greater, or a 40 inch waistline) may not be able to ride.

Thanks for the link and the info!  I've had a few people ask me about restrictions so it's good to know what to say now.

BTW, anyone get any info or an invite to a media day yet?
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 23, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »
Wasn't the quilt shop already located there last winter?