Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511999 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1515 on: January 25, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
Any updates on what restaurants are still standing / gone over by Time Traveler?
I have a feeling that area is going to be unrecognizable this upcoming season
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 26, 2018, 07:43:09 AM »
I have not heard or seen anything at all.  I was hoping the construction company was going to keep us "updated",  since they posted those initial demo pictures.

I am sure that whole area is going to be WIDE open, with a couple of new buildings, and we wont even recognize it..!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1517 on: January 26, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »
Haven't heard much, other than the general musings that the whole area is being worked over. I think this might be a bigger surprise than Time Traveler was, lol.  ;)

Seems like they put the exit/gift shop building right in the middle of where a "plaza" would go though. If the plan is to open the area up, there will still be a bit of a pinch point between the exit building and Cowboy Jepp's. I'm sure they removed some of the trees/flower bed areas in front of TNT, but that still isn't a huge area. The old seating area and green space on the other side is pretty massive though. That would make a great food court if they put new food stands around the perimeter and had covered seating in the middle.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1518 on: January 27, 2018, 03:12:10 AM »
I would REALLY hate if they got rid of all the Pines and shade trees in that segment. I am hoping it was at least spared if the rest of that area was razed. I am thinking there might be an uproar if they got rid of the skillets tho. There was always a decent line and a lot of people eating from there.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 27, 2018, 07:09:51 AM »
I would REALLY hate if they got rid of all the Pines and shade trees in that segment. I am hoping it was at least spared if the rest of that area was razed. I am thinking there might be an uproar if they got rid of the skillets tho. There was always a decent line and a lot of people eating from there.

IF they demo's the skillets, they would be relocated nearby.. They are a favorite with just about everybody..

I am headed to Branson this weekedn to see some old friends and a couple of new shows.. Hoping I might get a little insight on project...   ;) ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 27, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »
I guess I asked a few days too early.
Carr Excavating came through with a new photo today.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/01/city-changes-sdc_27.html

I've added commentary over at MIG to explain what you're looking at.
There's more to the story I'm sure - but the info posted is what can be gleamed from the photo.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1521 on: January 27, 2018, 11:22:45 PM »
LOL, those Carr guys... after all the grief people have gotten for even mentioning certain "inside" info over the years, he just goes and posts whatever he is working on. Granted, re-arranging food stands and pathways doesn't get as much attention as coaster rumors, but still.

So it seems like the new path way will sweep through what was once the wooded area, and the old pathway could be seating/line area for the new stand/restaurant?

The placement of the new food stand/restaurant is weird. Not only does it kind of keep that area a pinch point with the new exit building right there, but it also seems to hide the Flooded Mine even more. It was already difficult for first time visitors to find the entrance, but this will basically turn it into a back alley secret for the "old" SDC crowd. Makes me wonder if there's a longer-term plan at play here with the area...

I expected it to pop up on the other side where there is more room and nothing to block. Maybe there will be other stuff there later on.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 28, 2018, 08:45:50 AM »

Finally, it looks like most of the trees have been removed in the area as the entire pavement has been ripped up and the trees should be where the cat on the left is sitting. 

Looks to me like they are adding 3 good sized trees. They are still wrapped (branches up).  That is a heartwarming sign.  It's difficult to decipher much else.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 28, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »
It will be interesting to see how things will open up in that area. The new restaurant might look over the Flooded Mind lake which could lead to more interest...?

I think a lot of the pinch points in the park are because food lines extend out into the main path, even at crossroads pizza I've seen it get congested because the pizza line exits out the building. Do you think they could paint some chalk lines in the midway to help customers wrap the food lines to go parallel with the pathways (instead of out into them)?

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 28, 2018, 01:42:06 PM »
I guess I asked a few days too early.
Carr Excavating came through with a new photo today.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/01/city-changes-sdc_27.html

I've added commentary over at MIG to explain what you're looking at.
There's more to the story I'm sure - but the info posted is what can be gleamed from the photo.

Nice pic..  that area would be huge if the equipment were moved..   funny pic came in right after we discussed it..  I didint get any "insider" info this weekend.  like I was hoping...  maybe more pics will show up from Carr.   LOL

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1525 on: January 30, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
Just shared a new video from SDC on our facebook page. Some good footage of the testing, and at the end of it they confirm a new restaurant... themed to Time Traveler. Lots of good stuff coming on the back story as well. I'm glad as always that they are committed to fitting it into the city. I'm very interested to see what how the new restaurant is setup.

I'm also curious to see if the skillets are being rebuilt somewhere, or if they are part of the new restaurant. At least we have the other skillet still if they aren't going to be rebuilt this year.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1526 on: January 30, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »
Is this a sit-down restaurant?  Steam punk?  It says "and shopping experience", as well.  Lots of questions about this.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 30, 2018, 09:05:12 PM »
You literally have at least 3 other skillets still in the City. 
Hatfield’s is still there so there’s a Skillet even in the area.  From what I saw in the photo that Carr posted there is a new restaurant already made and supposedly there will be another - so a total of 3 right there with a new dining patio. 

Now with regards to a “Time Traveler themed” restaurant.  I don’t think so.  I think it was more alluding to the fact there was a change to food in the TT area.  The new shopping is right at the exit. 

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/01/time-traveler-sdc.html?m=1
New photos of TT testing
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1528 on: January 30, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »
It would certainly be tough to build an entire new restaurant before March, so I agree that it must be referring to whatever is being built across from the exit shop. It's hard to tell how big it is from the one photo we got. (I also notice Carr deleted all his recent SDC stuff... hope we didn't get him into trouble)

I thought Hatfield's was a different kind of skillet though? It's been awhile since I've gotten food at either location. I usually get the skillet by the lumbercamp, or I get BBQ. Is there a rumor that the new setup will have a skillet?

In any case, hard to believe that it's just a month and a half away!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1529 on: January 31, 2018, 03:09:38 AM »
Here is the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5hj1TPLfvc

Notice the lack of spin with the cars versus the animations we previously saw, granted its partially because there is no weight variance to cause the spinning but that is also part of the magnetic braking system that will control it, I do still see quite a few people being apprehensive about this. I believe it was discussed before on here but I think to help with this issue, the park should market and word it more along the lines of pivoting or turning versus using the term spinning. Again these are NOT gonna be your teacup type spinning cars.  :)

And note too that those launches are looking quite a bit more intense than what the animations showed as well.  :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:11:47 AM by sdcfan88 »