Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 515729 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1485 on: December 20, 2017, 08:45:47 AM »
I wonder if they are trying to focus group test some people as well to see what the reaction will be when they open and how they can better "frame" the ride so people will actually try it out.

What they need are some reaction videos on youtube. That's how kids these days form an opinion.  ::)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1486 on: December 20, 2017, 09:37:57 AM »
I wonder if they are trying to focus group test some people as well to see what the reaction will be when they open and how they can better "frame" the ride so people will actually try it out.

What they need are some reaction videos on youtube. That's how kids these days form an opinion.  ::)

Legally they can't.  They are extremely restricted on who they can put on it because it hasn't passed madated safety tests and test circuits yet, been certified by the state, cleared by the manufacturer.  AT this point it's actually Mack that is running the ride still, and it has to pass a lot of safety checks and test runs before they turn it over to the park.  So right now it's only who Mack is allowing on it- meaning their construction people and contractors- and no one from SDC.

This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 20, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »

Legally they can't.  They are extremely restricted on who they can put on it because it hasn't passed madated safety tests and test circuits yet, been certified by the state, cleared by the manufacturer.  AT this point it's actually Mack that is running the ride still, and it has to pass a lot of safety checks and test runs before they turn it over to the park.  So right now it's only who Mack is allowing on it- meaning their construction people and contractors- and no one from SDC.

Seems fair that the people who build the ride should be the first human test dummies...lol
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 20, 2017, 08:39:27 PM »
I was at the city today.  They have covered the walk way down to tnt right were it passes close to TT track, so its like a mine shaft sort of deal.  This was not here when we were here last month.  I also saw them running TT several times loaded with a mix of sand bags and riders.  I will say it sure did not look like it was spinning very much at all. More or a rotating sort of when it went into curves.  The launches did not look like anything major.  In fact, it looked like the train slows down, comes to a stop at the lauch, then starts going again.  It really did not seem to be much of a launch.  Overall it appeared it will be a fun right but not this huge super intense coaster like we were thinking. 

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1489 on: December 20, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »
^I was kinda concerned about that. I remember seeing that in the simulation about the train stopping before the launch. If they are not gonna bother with constructing a show segment around that section hopefully they will eliminate it as I fear that would kill the pacing of the ride. While I'm excited for TT I saw somewhere on another forum someone was making the speculation that its the world's most expensive family coaster. Kinda makes me wonder.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:25:48 PM by sdcfan88 »

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 21, 2017, 01:58:38 PM »
Yes, is does seem family friendly and perhaps tame. We shall see next year. On another note, I’m back today an it’s a mad house. I bet it’s going to be really crowded tonight.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #1491 on: December 21, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »
The ride doesn’t open yet for nearly three months. A lot of changes can be made before then. Maybe they aren’t allowing the trains to spin fully yet. Time will tell.

jsgoode

• View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 22, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »
From what I can tell, I think the ride is a good balance between intensity and family friendly. I know it looks tame, but I think we may be writing of the rotating aspect a little bit. I bet the ride seems somewhat insane when you're actually on it, going through inversions and s-turns while sideways or backwards. I think the cars spin at the right speed, just enough to be crazy, but not enough to make anybody too sick.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 22, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »
Another teaser clip was released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OP4MIyxwEU
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:44:54 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1494 on: December 23, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »
That clip makes it seem more a lot more intense than what it looks like from the ground. The drop from the back seat is going to be killer no matter what. I just hope it has a separate waiting area versus luck of the draw from assigned seating.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1495 on: December 28, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
Since people seem to forget about the other parts of the this ride (that are not the coaster) - here is an update on the other structures

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/12/time-traveler-construction-sdc_27.html
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1496 on: December 28, 2017, 10:25:44 PM »
It's a nice looking little building. See anything yet around the area that would indicate clearing? I'm guessing the big planter across from the Christmas Shop will get taken out. Probably that whole area will be paved. Needs to be done at this point.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1497 on: January 04, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
So Carr Excavating has posted some new photos on their Facebook which we have shared on ours. They are doing the demolition on a couple of the skillet cookeries right next to the Time Traveler exit building. Apparently that whole area is being opened up.

I presume they will replace the skillets further away from the main pathway. That big patch of trees might be cut down in size though...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1498 on: January 04, 2018, 09:35:04 PM »
The photos are of Pokesalad Marys not a skillet. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 05, 2018, 05:27:26 AM »
Wow! They actually went through with Demo-ing it! R.I.P. Poke Salad Mary's. Another classic SDC structure bites the dust. They were actually open the last time I was up there and one of the employees said that the pathways were originally gonna pass thru there but they decided to keep and re-purpose the building and thus placed the pathway behind it instead.

But apparently not. Maybe they found it was structurally unsound?

Shot this around August.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:33:43 AM by sdcfan88 »