Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511812 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1440 on: November 15, 2017, 08:36:08 AM »
The cars look as good as promised. I love the restraints. Looks more or less similar to Monster at Adventureland, which is nice as long as you don't have anything in your front pockets.

I think the vast majority will have no problems, but like with Outlaw Run and most newer coasters it will be a squeeze for those that are bigger in the middle. Just more incentive to get healthy I guess. Lots of time between now and march to get there.

HikerDan

« Reply #1441 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Those cars look very awesome, looks like an incredible amount of detail in the theming there. Looking forward to seeing those trains and the entire theme next year. I really like that they're giving us something in the restraint to grab and hold onto with our hands, if we so desire. 

I wish SDC would have, or could in the future, give us a handhold of some type on Outlaw Run to ease the jarring some.  With OR, my wife and I currently use the slotted rails of the lap restraint on both sides of our knees to hold onto, and it helps quite a bit, along with only riding towards the front.  I used to use the lip of the seat in front of me to hang on, but grasping the rails of my own restraint works better.

As extravagant as those cars look for Time Traveler I'm a little puzzled about the modest and pretty much bland look and current color of the station for this new ride.  I'm sure the inside of the station will be themed heavily and well done as always by SDC, but I'm sort of hoping the outside makes a transformation of some kind over the off season. Maybe it will all come together by next March, and the whole thing will be just excellent.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:29:53 AM by HikerDan »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1442 on: November 15, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »
The cars look excellent.  With this much detailing on them, it gives me confidence that there is going to be a lot of detail and theming added to the queue, station, and maybe the rest of the ride as well.

I also like that they have a hand grip.  As I get older I don't necessarily want to hold on, but it is nice to have a place to rest my hands during a ride.

As for being able to accommodate "larger" riders, as Swoosh said, Brad isn't a short, tiny guy.  :-)  I think this will be as accommodating as a coaster can be today.

Really looking forward to this next year!
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 15, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »
Train cars look awesome as far as theming goes. Got that Steampunk look.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1444 on: November 22, 2017, 01:58:44 AM »
Check out this awesome promo video from Mack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIdJtQ3dMtw

Pay close attention as you can see the SDC Time Traveler car featured under construction. :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1445 on: November 24, 2017, 10:42:58 AM »
Update on Time Traveler - mainly progress on the shop at the top.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/11/time-traveler-construction-sdc_22.html
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1446 on: November 24, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Found some interesting markings on Valley Road near Flooded Mine.  Thoughts?
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/11/mystery-markers-sdc.html
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1447 on: November 26, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
I've been waiting to see how they'll remake that area. Honestly, even though I've been against ripping out trees and opening areas up, I'm beginning to see more and more that they don't have much of a choice. It is a mad house in there right now getting to Thunderation, and when the new coaster opens, even with that side of the area open again, it will be even worse.

I know there are some rumors floating around that they'll take out land in front of FM to use as well, but we'll have to keep watching to see about that.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 27, 2017, 08:47:27 AM »
I overhead the folks at Canfield Creations (i.e. the yarn shop in Midtown near the corkscrew) say they are moving. I don't know if that means they are leaving the City or moving to a different building somewhere else in the city. While I'm not a yarn/knitting person, I hope this isn't making way for more imported goods.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1449 on: November 27, 2017, 08:23:15 PM »
Yeah I heard they were leaving for good. That's one of the last independent shops leased out to vendors. It's not a practice most parks do, and SDC has been phasing it out as they complete the last pieces of their transition into a more "normal" theme park.

I'll bet the season pass sales place goes there again next year. At least it will get them out of the school house.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 28, 2017, 08:27:24 AM »
I also heard they are leaving the park.  too bad..

Had not thought about the SP booth being in there.. good idea though....  IF it sits empty all year..   hopefully they will find anoth shop to put in there...  NOT china souvenirs..

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 28, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »
That shop never did the business that Becca's Weaving did.   The reason she closed was because her husband passed away so Becca moved closer to family.  We miss her shop. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1452 on: December 08, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
A poster (WOFanatic) on Theme Park Review snagged these pics from a recent SDC trip. The transfer system looks to be completed and operational with cars on the actual track now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 08, 2017, 08:38:24 PM »
Pics look good, I think the building is looking better as time progresses.....

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1454 on: December 09, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »
Sweet. On schedule to test in January then I guess.