Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511921 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1410 on: October 13, 2017, 01:26:36 PM »
Swoosh had asked me to get some pictures of the progress of the entrance while I was there yesterday.

While I stood in line for the bathroom, I sent my husband over to get pictures. The big peep hole near the skillet, you were just looking at a wall with a door or something (like behind the red scaffolding in the first picture.)

He got some pictures through the holes in the fence. He was going to get some from the TNT queue. He said there were people running through trying to get on TNT pushing him out of the way so he gave up.

When you're walking across the bridge by the glassblower, you look right at a new part of the building. Right where the magic shop used to be.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:00:44 PM by Joy »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #1411 on: October 13, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »
The pictures are showing up HUGE on my computer after I posted them. If its showing up like that for everyone else, can someone tell me how to make them smaller?
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 13, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
The pictures are showing up HUGE on my computer after I posted them. If its showing up like that for everyone else, can someone tell me how to make them smaller?

Hi, I went in and edited the bbcode. If you put the beginning of the image code as: [img width=#] or [img height=#] with # being the max pixels across or up & down, it'll resize and then people can click on the photo to make it the original size.

Reference link: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Img

Pro-tip for readers: If you right-click on an image and choose "open in new tab," it should be rescaled within your browser window in a new tab, so you can see it larger but not TOO large.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:05:22 PM by Joy »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 15, 2017, 12:02:07 AM »
^^^
Obviously a long way to go before March 2018, but man I sure hope a sufficient update to the area in front of and around TNT & TT is still part of the overall development plan for the addition. That area is going to be an absolute nightmare to traverse if they do not address it.

Additionally, I know it's been mentioned that it appears an observation deck will NOT be a part of TT. Can anyone tell me why the PTB would not see value in allowing non-riding patrons or those on the fence about riding their largest ride investment to date the opportunity to watch the ride on action first – especially given the already growing concerns about the presumed intensity of a spinning launched and inverted coaster? Just doesn't make an ounce of sense to me. Also seems like a miss given its location where a view from the front of the load station seems to almost overlook the majority of the circuit.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:03:55 AM by BackInTime9 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 15, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
^^^
Obviously a long way to go before March 2018, but man I sure hope a sufficient update to the area in front of and around TNT & TT is still part of the overall development plan for the addition. That area is going to be an absolute nightmare to traverse if they do not address it.

Additionally, I know it's been mentioned that it appears an observation deck will NOT be a part of TT. Can anyone tell me why the PTB would not see value in allowing non-riding patrons or those on the fence about riding their largest ride investment to date the opportunity to watch the ride on action first – especially given the already growing concerns about the presumed intensity of a spinning launched and inverted coaster? Just doesn't make an ounce of sense to me. Also seems like a miss given its location where a view from the front of the load station seems to almost overlook the majority of the circuit.

I would guess since in order to ride, you walk down stairs to the lower floor, and then circle around up to next floor and then finally the launch floor..  That may be the observations points... there are windows on those floors on the East side.. So?   Is that the observation area?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1415 on: October 15, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
1. Thank you tiffanylynnt for getting such great photos.  (I've added them to MiG with commentary).

2. Anyone notice how they have enclosed a large portion of the exit bridge's supports?  You can see it next to the covered structure they built on the entrance pathway that goes under the track back into the station.

3. I think a lot of you are getting hung up on the "no viewing platform" -- other than Wildfire there are no viewing platforms on any of the other coasters.  PowderKeg - you can only see the launch and the lift hill.  Most of the rest of the ride is hidden.  Outlaw Run - all you can see is the lift hill and the curve around it.  You definitely cannot see the inversions from anywhere near the station.  ThuNderaTion can't be seen at all. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1416 on: October 16, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
Went to the park over the weekend, without being redundant since everyone has pretty much covered the station area and entrance work, I went ahead and got more photos of the layout as seen from the Culinary School. You can see the overbanked turns, inversions, and the launches thru the trees.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:06:15 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1417 on: October 17, 2017, 07:38:41 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated with photos guys! Still seems so odd how they are shoeing this into the park. It seems like they aren't going to go nuts with rebuilding the "plaza" like we kind of thought, or at least that is the impression I'm getting right now through the photos.

Can't wait till coaster Christmas next month to see it in person again.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 18, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated with photos guys! Still seems so odd how they are shoeing this into the park. It seems like they aren't going to go nuts with rebuilding the "plaza" like we kind of thought, or at least that is the impression I'm getting right now through the photos.

Can't wait till coaster Christmas next month to see it in person again.

I think there’s more to it that just hasn’t unfolded and presented itself just yet.  I mean maybe this new building is something not even related to TT. 
SWOOSH

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 23, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »
Good updates, all! It would be great to have you post some photos on the SDCFans FB page as well...we need contemporary shots to offset all the old time stuff I have recently posted.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 23, 2017, 08:49:23 PM »
I have a ton of photos posted from this past Friday.  I will post a sampling here, but to see the entire update you will need to visit here: http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/search/label/Time%20Traveler
THERE ARE 3 TOTAL UPDATES -- YOU WILL HAVE TO CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO GET TO THE THIRD WHICH FEATURES THE NEW BUILDING

[admin edit: made link clickable]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:53:33 PM by shavethewhales »
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1421 on: October 23, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
Missed you by a day.  There was little to no activity in the area on Saturday.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 12, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »
Looks like the park will be doing a Facebook livestream on Tuesday at 6:30 PM.
They are teasing it as a delivery from Germany. Maybe the trains weren’t still on a boat as they said and are actually much closer to arriving.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1423 on: November 12, 2017, 01:56:14 PM »
Here are my photos from the ACE Coaster Christmas event at SDC yesterday. For SDC/Time Traveler it was a mini recap of the media announcement followed by another construction site tour.

FULL ALBUM HERE: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155848093442232.1073741878.503502231&type=1&l=6e09e11ca8

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UetQu_ZbwO4

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:14:22 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 12, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »
Well considering that Mack and SDC sent out a media alert to be at the MACK booth at IAAPA in two days I’m pretty sure we know what’s going on and where it is happening
SWOOSH