Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511781 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1380 on: September 19, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »
In other photos that have been posted by the park and others recently, the colors don't look as bad. It's more greyish in real life and less greenish. Cameras can do subtle tricks to colors that throw everything off. That said, all said and done it still is kind of a funky layout and color scheme. Such a huge structure for such an odd coaster that is shunted into the park in such an odd little corner. Weird choices all around the more you think about it. I wonder why they didn't just build behind Grand Expo where they have a perfectly large flat area?

And no, there's no observation deck. I don't think you'll even be able to walk down that giant ramp because that is the unloading zone in front of the station.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1381 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:04 PM »
The park provided photos of the final piece of track being put into place today.
The entire circuit is now complete.

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_44.html

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:54:43 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 19, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »
It does look like there will be windows out the back of the building on the queue levels. Still not close to something like WF though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:14:32 PM by mg »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 19, 2017, 11:30:09 PM »
It does look like there will be windows out the back of the building on the queue levels. Still not close to something like WF though.

Yes on the 2nd level of the queue building there are postcard windows that look out towards the first drop
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 20, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »

Yes on the 2nd level of the queue building there are postcard windows that look out towards the first drop

Nice, surprised they didnt put up large plate glass windows.. so you could really see whats going on..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 20, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »

Nice, surprised they didnt put up large plate glass windows.. so you could really see whats going on..

Spellcheck on my phone switched words on me and I didn't catch it.  I meant PICTURE windows
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 20, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »

Spellcheck on my phone switched words on me and I didn't catch it.  I meant PICTURE windows

OK.  Well that does make a difference.  LOL...  ((Love that autospell!))

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 21, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
I will be in the area this weekend...

any requests for more pics from where I take my best pictures?  ;) ;)

If so which angle or area............

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1388 on: September 21, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »
I think the station is the only thing left to watch at this point, so I wouldn't go to much more trouble than getting a couple shots from TNT's queue or the porch.

Still a lot of time left for them to dress the station and surrounding area up. I'm curious to see how much effort they'll put into the exterior. They don't often disappoint, and Fireman's Landing had a lot of great little details so they still know how to do it.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1389 on: September 22, 2017, 05:20:33 AM »
I think the station is the only thing left to watch at this point, so I wouldn't go to much more trouble than getting a couple shots from TNT's queue or the porch.

Still a lot of time left for them to dress the station and surrounding area up. I'm curious to see how much effort they'll put into the exterior. They don't often disappoint, and Fireman's Landing had a lot of great little details so they still know how to do it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:13:40 PM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 22, 2017, 06:43:34 AM »

yes lots of time yet,  I am still confident they will theme the building and queue very nicely.. I still expect to see some kind of "structure" inside the building as you walk upstairs.......  maybe a time machine/capsule??

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 25, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
Photos from this weekend.
Made sure that I got some photos of the fence as we haven't really shown just how large of an area it is.
They have the foundation for the new TT souvenir shop made.
Update on the pathway down to the queue building
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_24.html
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1392 on: September 30, 2017, 09:04:45 PM »
Looks like it won't be a huge shop, not that it could be or needs to be. Wonder why it needs 4 sewer taps. Not a lot of room if people are going to have to move through it after exiting and stop to look at photos. Always looks smaller before it gets formed though.

The Time Traveler video is still making the rounds around Facebook. The random meme/spam pages are promoting it now. One of them I saw had something like 350,000 views and thousands of reactions and comments from people around the world. Once again, you can see why they pushed for something unique. At SFOG they are getting a new RMC and the response was a resounding "meh" for those outside of the Atlanta metro. Once something has been done a few times, the excitement really dies quick.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 01, 2017, 07:54:53 AM »
Looks like it won't be a huge shop, not that it could be or needs to be. Wonder why it needs 4 sewer taps. Not a lot of room if people are going to have to move through it after exiting and stop to look at photos. Always looks smaller before it gets formed though.

Does look small, but will grow when framed in as you said..

Sewer taps? Hmm? that is odd. 
employee restrooms?  I doubt it...   
the center one may be a floor drain? 
that is an odd configuration for sure.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:57:19 AM by sanddunerider »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 01, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
To help handle all the puking cuz it spinzzzzz.