Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511888 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1335 on: September 06, 2017, 07:49:50 AM »
Those are some great pics of the west side of the project...   The gate was open on the East side so I took one more set of pictures...  MAN!!  this thing goes up and down and around and weaves in and out!!

AWESOME PHOTOS!!!  Thank you for sharing.  For those without Facebook, we just added Sanddunerider's photos
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_5.html

Thanks, They look great on your page..  I thought 1 more set of pics, since they are 99% complete would be interesting to us all..  I was surprised to find the gate open on Sunday, and I didnt see any workers..

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 06, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »
When do we start talking about 2020 speculation?  I assume 2019 will  be an "off year" as far as new rides.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 06, 2017, 11:55:32 AM »
Those are some great pics of the west side of the project...   The gate was open on the East side so I took one more set of pictures...  MAN!!  this thing goes up and down and around and weaves in and out!!

AWESOME PHOTOS!!!  Thank you for sharing.  For those without Facebook, we just added Sanddunerider's photos
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_5.html
The gates were open when we went in Saturday morning at 9:30 ish and open when we left about 6:30. Must have been open all weekend.
Thanks, They look great on your page..  I thought 1 more set of pics, since they are 99% complete would be interesting to us all..  I was surprised to find the gate open on Sunday, and I didnt see any workers..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1338 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:55 PM »
When do we start talking about 2020 speculation?  I assume 2019 will  be an "off year" as far as new rides.

I went ahead and created pages for 2019 and 2020.  We will get them pinned later on tonight, but you are welcome to begin the speculation.  I'm sure others will follow suit.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 07, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »
Sounds like Magic Shop and the former TNT arch is gone now.  Apparently a new construction fence has popped up around the area that stretches out to Valley Road.  Poke Salad Mary's is also behind the fence but apparently is surviving this revamp of the area.  Not sure if any of the other structures are leaving.  I have to think that they'll want to open up the area to make crowd flow better.  Taking out that planter between TNT Potties and Christmas Hollow would go a long way to help flow. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 08, 2017, 07:30:34 AM »
Sounds like Magic Shop and the former TNT arch is gone now.  Apparently a new construction fence has popped up around the area that stretches out to Valley Road.  Poke Salad Mary's is also behind the fence but apparently is surviving this revamp of the area.  Not sure if any of the other structures are leaving.  I have to think that they'll want to open up the area to make crowd flow better.  Taking out that planter between TNT Potties and Christmas Hollow would go a long way to help flow.

That just happened in the last few days then... moving fast in that area.. took advantage of park being closed for 3 days.. thats impressive..

that planter is in the way,  But with magic shop gone. and TnT arch gone.. that will make a big difference..

Did they move the lockers?  about had to didnt they?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 08, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »

That just happened in the last few days then... moving fast in that area.. took advantage of park being closed for 3 days.. thats impressive..

that planter is in the way,  But with magic shop gone. and TnT arch gone.. that will make a big difference..

Did they move the lockers?  about had to didnt they?

It sounded like Magic Shop was taken out completely on Tuesday. 
The lockers have been moved to BOH (supposedly over by Brown's) for now but I imagine they'll reappear when the new ride opens
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 08, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »

The lockers have been moved to BOH (supposedly over by Brown's) for now but I imagine they'll reappear when the new ride opens
[/quote]

I am sure they will, that is a perfect area for that set of lockers.. I always see someone using them. :D

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1343 on: September 08, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »
Really curious to know what they are gonna do with the TNT arch stuff, particularly the new mine carts and railing they just rebuilt with the sign for the 2016 season. Hope we will see them reappear somewhere around TNT or in the park somewhere.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 08, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
Really curious to know what they are gonna do with the TNT arch stuff, particularly the new mine carts and railing they just rebuilt with the sign for the 2016 season. Hope we will see them reappear somewhere around TNT or in the park somewhere.

They gone and won't be coming back. 
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #1345 on: September 08, 2017, 10:23:56 PM »

So will there be any signage for Thunderation? All the coasters have some sort of entrance sign.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1346 on: September 08, 2017, 10:25:44 PM »
That sucks. The TNT arch was kind of iconic -  or at least I thought so. Lots of memories between that and the old magic box.

Hopefully the change is worth it and they've got some nice theming and a new store for the coaster coming in to this area. I'd love a nicer entrance for TNT while they are at it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 09, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »

So will there be any signage for Thunderation? All the coasters have some sort of entrance sign.

Other than what's there currently?  Probably not
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 09, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »
I would be surprised if they didnt "massage" TNT entrance a little bit, since it is in the immediate area of TT...  of course TT will get 99% of the love this year and next... LOL

The Mining carts might show back up front in the area to be reworked for the "new" entrance....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 10, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
We were sent a photo of the new construction wall that has gone up around the former area where the Magic Shop and the TNT arch was located.

...and seriously that planter between TNT restrooms and Christmas Corner needs to go.  Look at how it is just in the way

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_9.html
SWOOSH