Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 512320 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1320 on: August 31, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
Lots of big, high-profile flats though. Six Flags has been getting smart with their money. SDC could do with a couple more high-profile flats with the customary theming package to set them apart. The Giant Swing is as good as a coaster for many people. Some fodder for the future speculation thread...

So yeah, crowded year. Still think Time Traveler is going to blow everyone's socks off in March though, and enthusiasts will get another blast in November with the ACE event that will surely involve a construction tour of some sort.

The track should be pretty much completed now though to my understanding. Someone told me a couple days ago that they were in the station, with the final turn almost complete. It was almost half done two weeks ago, and they were putting more pieces in place right in front of us.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 31, 2017, 08:34:29 AM »

Is it bad that when you use TT I have to remind myself it's not Twisted Timbers?
[/quote]

I always read Test Track in my mind first. Its going to take some getting use to for sure.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1322 on: August 31, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
And Six Flags is just getting ready to announce...
Looks like mostly flat rides

Actually, SFSTL is adding a pretty awesome waterslide.  I like these hybrid slides that are starting to appear.  This one will be a great replacement for those horrible body slides.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:19 PM »
Actually, SFSTL is adding a pretty awesome waterslide.  I like these hybrid slides that are starting to appear.

I was in SF SL a few years back and really enjoyed the water park section. I felt like it was a huge bonus to the park.  The transition from one park to the other was no hassle, I had suspected it might be a pain but I was pleasantly surprised.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:21:58 AM by mhguy77 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1324 on: September 02, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »
Looks like test runs could possibly be happening as early as November in time for Coaster Christmas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj93PlU724w

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 02, 2017, 01:28:22 AM »
Coaster fans are driving a lot of revenue to SDC, but SDC is not a coaster park. It's not an amusement park. It remains a theme park, which happens to have some awesome rides.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 02, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »
Coaster fans are driving a lot of revenue to SDC, but SDC is not a coaster park. It's not an amusement park. It remains a theme park, which happens to have some awesome rides.

Amen!
I just hope SDC remembers this

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1327 on: September 03, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »
Apparently a little stage has been built next to that little shop across from FITH and the fry bread stand - you know, the one that is constantly rotating vendors. Seems like that is where the magic shop is going to end up, which means the area around the entrance is indeed going to be cleared off a bit. At least we know the food stands will remain.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1328 on: September 04, 2017, 12:40:42 AM »
Construction update with the completed track save for the transfer track section. Interestingly enough the final inversion actually leans over a bit into TNT's helix. Maybe its an optical illusion but it seemed so to me. It also almost feels like you can reach out and touch the track from the TNT queue, yes its that close.

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 04, 2017, 01:36:49 PM »
I have to say, I have been a skeptic because of the spinning, but my kids and I were riding Thunderation and WOW that track looks fun!  My daughter said ....no,no no, but my son and I are going to give it our best shot.  That track is down right beautiful.   ;D 

We were riding with some park employees, and they were excited to see the recent track additions as well.  A lot of oohs and ahhs.   :)  Love how they put it real close to Thunderation.  It gives the illusion of too close, but is well out of range of danger.  I think it adds to both rides in the end.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:42:47 PM by Hatfield McCoy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 05, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »
Those are some great pics of the west side of the project...   The gate was open on the East side so I took one more set of pictures...  MAN!!  this thing goes up and down and around and weaves in and out!!  Check out the link for pics...

Must be signed into FB to open link...  Shave, if you or Swoosh wnt to use pics for anything , feel free to do so.

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10212374283463687.1073741954.1578260143&type=3

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1331 on: September 05, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »
Those are some great pics of the west side of the project...   The gate was open on the East side so I took one more set of pictures...  MAN!!  this thing goes up and down and around and weaves in and out!!

AWESOME PHOTOS!!!  Thank you for sharing.  For those without Facebook, we just added Sanddunerider's photos
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_5.html
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1332 on: September 05, 2017, 09:01:33 PM »
They are awesome photos, but they really don't like people stopping by the gate. They have been nice enough so far not to arrest anyone for trespassing, but it was wearing pretty thin around announcement time.

The finished product looks nice, for a coaster. I feel like there were some missed opportunities with them not enclosing the launches or having any sort of thematic fly-throughs or whatever, but it is going to accomplish what they wanted.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 06, 2017, 05:47:51 AM »
They are awesome photos, but they really don't like people stopping by the gate. They have been nice enough so far not to arrest anyone for trespassing, but it was wearing pretty thin around announcement time.

The finished product looks nice, for a coaster. I feel like there were some missed opportunities with them not enclosing the launches or having any sort of thematic fly-throughs or whatever, but it is going to accomplish what they wanted.

If those photos are taken from the shoulder of the public road, they can pound sand.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 06, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
If those photos are taken from the shoulder of the public road, they can pound sand.
LOL