Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511768 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1305 on: August 23, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
Just a few short years ago that frog ride was the main attraction of the park for my little ones.  Don't underestimate those kiddie rides and there drawing power.

HDH seems like a good place for those rides...it's central...close to the exits/train...and I'm sure HDH doesn't mind having more kids hang out around the Build a Bear place to tempt some additional sales.

That dead end area is always packed but does feel very out of the way to get to those rides.  The opened space in GE could be good place for a restaurant?  or new flat? 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 23, 2017, 03:07:08 PM »
Just a few short years ago that frog ride was the main attraction of the park for my little ones.  Don't underestimate those kiddie rides and there drawing power.

HDH seems like a good place for those rides...it's central...close to the exits/train...and I'm sure HDH doesn't mind having more kids hang out around the Build a Bear place to tempt some additional sales.

That dead end area is always packed but does feel very out of the way to get to those rides.  The opened space in GE could be good place for a restaurant?  or new flat?

New flat, how bout a Zamperla air race to add to the Disco for another teens to adult ride. However, I'D love a family boomerang down there. Gerstlauer, Vekoma, doesn't matter.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #1307 on: August 24, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »
I just got off TNT. Time Traveler's track seems WAY too close to TNT's, like you can reach out and touch it. I don't like it... Is TNT safe, or did I miss something?

Even if they are keeping TNT (I'm praying very hard that they do), I hate how close the two rides are. I like how everything else in the park is separated by trees and all you see are trees. I don't like the Six Flags feeling I was getting where all the rides are crammed together.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1308 on: August 24, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »
Carr Excavating shared some photos of the entrance queue being formed. 
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/08/time-traveler-construction-sdc_24.html?m=1
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 28, 2017, 03:34:26 PM »
I just got off TNT. Time Traveler's track seems WAY too close to TNT's, like you can reach out and touch it. I don't like it... Is TNT safe, or did I miss something?

Even if they are keeping TNT (I'm praying very hard that they do), I hate how close the two rides are. I like how everything else in the park is separated by trees and all you see are trees. I don't like the Six Flags feeling I was getting where all the rides are crammed together.

TnT is not going anywhere.  I'm sure there is plenty of space to keep both rides for safey.  Designer often intentionally place rides close together in a way that causes you senses to see danger that isn't there.  Like supports or tunnels that look like they aren't tall enough for clearance.....but they are just optical illusions for riders.

I have seen anyone talk about if it is design specifically for that yet.   But TnT is not going away and I'm sure they will make sure passengers are save on both rides.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #1310 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
I'm not concerned about safety. I meant was TNT safe, as in safe from being removed.

I'm mostly complaining about how close they are and much of the atmosphere was ruined for me because of it. I'm probably part of the minority, but I don't go to SDC for the rides. I pretty much only ride TNT because of nostalgia. I only ride other rides when I have friends with me who can't appreciate the "good old days" where things were slower and enjoy the beauty of the park. I love the park because you're immersed in nature. You can't say that about many places and that's what makes SDC so special to me. So when they cram everything together and tear down trees and take the beauty of nature away, that's when I start to have an issue.

My opinion might not be the popular one, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:32:11 AM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1311 on: August 29, 2017, 04:18:13 PM »
According to Maintenance TNT is well loved and is apparently the 2nd most reliable "people eater" in the park. (Wildfire is #1) so it wont be going anywhere anytime soon. They also love the distinction of having the largest an most intense Arrow Mine Train in the world.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 29, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
[quoteI'm mostly complaining about how close they are and much of the atmosphere was ruined for me because of it. I'm probably part of the minority, but I don't go to SDC for the rides. I pretty much only ride TNT because of nostalgia. I only ride other rides when I have friends with me who can't appreciate the "good old days" where things were slower and enjoy the beauty of the park. I love the park because you're immersed in nature. You can't say that about many places and that's what makes SDC so special to me. So when they cram everything together and tear down trees and take the beauty of nature away, that's when I start to have an issue.

My opinion might not be the popular one, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.][/quote]

Might not be the popular opinion but I share it as well. 

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 30, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »
I know the announcement has come and gone but it seems like the 2018 Time traveler announcement has been met with a big dose of indifference. TPR and other sites including this one are pretty ho hum on the 2018 addition. Does the lack of excitement and chatter signify maybe SDC has laid a big egg ?  Not being critical but my level of enthusiasm is pretty low on this one.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1314 on: August 30, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »
LOL, hardly indifference. On TPR's facebook page alone the video they posted had something like 5 MILLION views last I checked a few days ago. That's viral status. USA Today, LA Times, CNN, etc, etc, etc are all covering it. Literally tens of millions of people around the globe are talking about this ride. (OK, not "talking", but at least viewing and sharing the videos).

Coaster enthusiasts are split about it as expected, but most of us know that this is something that has to be experienced first hand before it is judged. At the very least, it is the most ambitious and unconventional new ride for 2018. Six Flags is making their announcements tomorrow. After that is finally done I expect TT will still be at the top of the most watched projects for 2018. Hard to compete with the RMC's right now though because they are so hot and everyone already knows they will be good.

There's going to be so much publicity this March when TT finally opens. I expect an even bigger round of headlines and media coverage since this time they will be ahead of all the SF and CF projects. The coaster enthusiasts will come around when the good reviews roll in. They are going to get exactly what they wanted - a huge boost of publicity for the park.

As for this site, I've been laid up from a surgery so I'm trying to get caught up again. Not much left to discuss or speculate now that it is all out there. I'm turning my attention back to how they are going to manage the extra crowds.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
I know the announcement has come and gone but it seems like the 2018 Time traveler announcement has been met with a big dose of indifference. TPR and other sites including this one are pretty ho hum on the 2018 addition. Does the lack of excitement and chatter signify maybe SDC has laid a big egg ?  Not being critical but my level of enthusiasm is pretty low on this one.

Well... the issue with me is that I'm back in school so priorities have shifted.  I'm sure that's the same for a lot of people.  Especially on TPR where the mean poster's age is 14
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 30, 2017, 10:29:54 PM »
LOL, hardly indifference. On TPR's facebook page alone the video they posted had something like 5 MILLION views last I checked a few days ago. That's viral status. USA Today, LA Times, CNN, etc, etc, etc are all covering it. Literally tens of millions of people around the globe are talking about this ride. (OK, not "talking", but at least viewing and sharing the videos).

Coaster enthusiasts are split about it as expected, but most of us know that this is something that has to be experienced first hand before it is judged. At the very least, it is the most ambitious and unconventional new ride for 2018. Six Flags is making their announcements tomorrow. After that is finally done I expect TT will still be at the top of the most watched projects for 2018. Hard to compete with the RMC's right now though because they are so hot and everyone already knows they will be good.

There's going to be so much publicity this March when TT finally opens. I expect an even bigger round of headlines and media coverage since this time they will be ahead of all the SF and CF projects. The coaster enthusiasts will come around when the good reviews roll in. They are going to get exactly what they wanted - a huge boost of publicity for the park.

As for this site, I've been laid up from a surgery so I'm trying to get caught up again. Not much left to discuss or speculate now that it is all out there. I'm turning my attention back to how they are going to manage the extra crowds.

TPR link to YouTube only shows 79000 plus views. Maybe there is another somewhere I did not see. But also not 1 comment on the SDC page since August 25 and those were about air service to St. Louis. It just seems like it has lost its legs as they say in the movie business.
Hope I'm wrong.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8JRA5OMpE&feature=youtu.be

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 30, 2017, 11:48:50 PM »

Is it bad that when you use TT I have to remind myself it's not Twisted Timbers?
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1318 on: August 31, 2017, 07:39:18 AM »
^^On FB it says 4.9 million views, but who knows how that is counted. Might just be impressions. Youtube is much more conservative in that you have to actually watch a certain percentage of the video before a view is counted, I think.

^Too many damn RMC's this year. It's actually quite a crowded year for major projects with at least three highly anticipated conversions that enthusiasts have wanted for years now, two of the new raptor coasters, a woodie for Alton at last, and then you have this launched, looping, vertical-dropping, spinning coaster that would have sounded like a joke a few years ago. And Six Flags is just getting ready to announce...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 31, 2017, 07:45:22 AM »
And Six Flags is just getting ready to announce...
Looks like mostly flat rides