Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509739 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1200 on: August 16, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »
I feel like they made a misstep.  The last thing you really want to have to convince people right off the bat is  "this won't make you puke......no really". That's an uphill battle from there.  They made a mistake.  The lines in 2 years will dictate if I am correct.  It would not shock me to have a car or 2 that didn't end up spinning after all. Lock them in place and you have the backward ride as well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:55:57 PM by mhguy77 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 16, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
This ride will be a hit with my kids and me. Now, a drop track coaster for the 2020s with a Star Flyer in between.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 16, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »
I think some of you are getting scared easily, if you can ride OR then I wouldn't think you will have problems with a controlled spin on TT.

Couldn't disagree more. It's physics. And lateral forces induced from spinning have far different effects on the body than simply the sensation of going upside down. I could ride OR 15 times without an issue, but can't get near the Electrospin in GE.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 16, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
Watched it LIVE, enjoyed the many references to SDC's past, along with their family values which they still seem to hold. Enjoyed Jack and Pete's little video segment at the beginning.

Doesn't look like there is going to be any theming throughout the ride (bummer) along with no tunnels (Bummer). The spinning is still a concern. I am sure I will be the only one in my family who will be able to ride it. 

I would have like to seen what their plans are for the massive station they are building.

Looks like a GREAT ride overall, very excited....just missing the theming.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 16, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »
Watched it LIVE, enjoyed the many references to SDC's past, along with their family values which they still seem to hold. Enjoyed Jack and Pete's little video segment at the beginning.

Doesn't look like there is going to be any theming throughout the ride (bummer) along with no tunnels (Bummer). The spinning is still a concern. I am sure I will be the only one in my family who will be able to ride it. 

I would have like to seen what their plans are for the massive station they are building.

Looks like a GREAT ride overall, very excited....just missing the theming.

There's a building in the middle of the course that's come tell missing from the animated preview. You could see it on the drone footage being Thomas and the Mack beanstalk.

I feel like they made a misstep.  The last thing you really want to have to convince people of right off the bat "this won't make you puke......no really". That's a uphill battle from there.  They made a mistake.  The lines in 2 years will dictate if I am correct.

The lines at the spinning coasters I've encountered say it'll be fine. If it is like the controlled spinning of the Laff Track coaster at Hershey's it'll be ok.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 16, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
All looked good to me, But I was also hoping for a walk through the station....  Shave is there with others... we will get some info from them....!!   Come on guys.! 

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 16, 2017, 11:56:40 AM »
Impressed with ride time also.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 16, 2017, 11:57:50 AM »
I hope we get more theming than was presented in the video. And while it won't effect me, I do think SDC will face an uphill battle in marketing to people who do not like spinning. I think the controlled spin will definitely help and the animation didn't look out of control to me. It just looks more like a turning motion than spinning. I think everyone should give it a chance before immediately shooting it down.

This looks like a great addition to the park and will offer something completely different from anything they have. I can't wait for 2018 to come to enjoy this amazing new addition. Three inversions, two launches, that first drop! Looks crazy and fun to me!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 16, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »
I feel like they made a misstep.  The last thing you really want to have to convince people of right off the bat "this won't make you puke......no really". That's a uphill battle from there.  They made a mistake.  The lines in 2 years will dictate if I am correct.

You hit the nail on the head, sir. I've championed the no-spin or limited spin perspective from day one of speculation. I can see why they were excited to bring this to the world and the park, but I do agree that not even giving the rider the option is a huge miss in terms of broadening the appeal of the ride.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 16, 2017, 12:01:04 PM »
I hope we get more theming than was presented in the video. And while it won't effect me, I do think SDC will face an uphill battle in marketing to people who do not like spinning. I think the controlled spin will definitely help and the animation didn't look out of control to me. It just looks more like a turning motion than spinning. I think everyone should give it a chance before immediately shooting it down.

This looks like a great addition to the park and will offer something completely different from anything they have. I can't wait for 2018 to come to enjoy this amazing new addition. Three inversions, two launches, that first drop! Looks crazy and fun to me!

The animation doesn't show any spinning at all beyond the inversions. It just shows a traditional rider POV.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 16, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »
ng.
[/quote]
There's a building in the middle of the course that's come tell missing from the animated preview. You could see it on the drone footage being Thomas and the Mack beanstalk.

NOTHING has been said by anyone about that building...??  it has a full concrete basemen/bunker under it.  But no indication of what it is...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 16, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »

The animation doesn't show any spinning at all beyond the inversions. It just shows a traditional rider POV.

You can see the spinning in the animation. I wasn't just talking about the POV.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 16, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »
So, I'm not completely understanding the "controlled spin".  Assuming this means that the spin is controlled but it is computer controlled through the ride and not the rider? 

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 16, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »

I like this post.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 16, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »
So, I'm not completely understanding the "controlled spin".  Assuming this means that the spin is controlled but it is computer controlled through the ride and not the rider? 

It is controlled by the mechanics of the ride through magnets. The rider controls nothing.