Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509563 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1170 on: August 15, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »
I'm looking back over some of the press releases/news interviews about this coaster, and honestly I completely overlooked how much they were emphasizing "several world's first's and world's-only elements". I think we really got derailed by spending so much time pondering spinning or not that we overlooked all kinds of other possibilities. Lisa Rau literally called it a game changer for the amusement industry in one article.

An extreme spinner with a launch would grab a couple titles, but it seems like they have been hinting at even more than that... It's so close now that I'm not sure I even want to speculate much more, but the wheels are turning in my head again and I'm just as excited as I was the first time we saw the markings.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1171 on: August 15, 2017, 05:24:51 PM »
A recap on the top three possibilities from what we know:

#1 Helix-esque coaster with possibly the most inversions or fastest speed. A first being the steepest vertical drop on a Mack Mega Launch Coaster. Expect incredible G-forces and/or airtime.

#2 As mentioned before a while back, this could still possibly be the first true Mack Dive Coaster using their new Big Dipper cars. While that alone being a first, it may also include the fact that it would be the longest Dive Coaster ever built and the first Dive Coaster with launch elements. (I do not count Lost Gravity as one as it is more of a Eurofighter in terms of its layout.)

#3 The widely rumored Extreme Spinning Coaster. Same layout as the Mega Launch Coaster but with a multi-car coaster train that either has all cars spinning or some spinning. Several launch elements/sections will be included along with possible elements/sections that will do a controlled rotation thru segments of the ride like Cobras Curse. Firsts will of course be the first spinning coaster with a vertical drop and the first with inversions. (If you do not count Blue Fire with the spinning car on the rear)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:26:52 PM by sdcfan88 »

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 15, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
A recap on the top three possibilities from what we know:

#1 Helix-esque coaster with possibly the most inversions or fastest speed. A first being the steepest vertical drop on a Mack Mega Launch Coaster. Expect incredible G-forces and/or airtime.

#2 As mentioned before a while back, this could still possibly be the first true Mack Dive Coaster using their new Big Dipper cars. While that alone being a first, it may also include the fact that it would be the longest Dive Coaster ever built and the first Dive Coaster with launch elements. (I do not count Lost Gravity as one as it is more of a Eurofighter in terms of its layout.)

#3 The widely rumored Extreme Spinning Coaster. Same layout as the Mega Launch Coaster but with a multi-car coaster train that either has all cars spinning or some spinning. Several launch elements/sections will be included along with possible elements/sections that will do a controlled rotation thru segments of the ride like Cobras Curse. Firsts will of course be the first spinning coaster with a vertical drop and the first with inversions. (If you do not count Blue Fire with the spinning car on the rear)

that would be cool if they did it to where the front car was stationary and the others were spinning. (maybe even a stationary back backwards car too)

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 15, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »
Everyone is thinking there will be a trim on the first drop.  What if it is instead a mini launch over the first hill?  Insane airtime right off the bat.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 15, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
I'm. So. Excited. ;D

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 15, 2017, 08:53:12 PM »
1 Day 18 hours left to go, and I noticed something interesting, that I'm not sure means anything at all, but could be a hint as well.

If you go to their page with the countdown http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/2018 and you look at the clock, which is broken down into 3 parts: Days, Hours and Minutes, they tend to flash quickly from the actual number to other numbers:  Days shows 900, Hours shows 88, and Minutes Shows 923.

Any idea if it's just a glitch in the page coding or if those might actually mean something?

Top speed of 88mph?

88 mph was the speed the DeLorean had to get up to go back in time in Back to the Future.  Coincidence?
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1176 on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
1 Day 18 hours left to go, and I noticed something interesting, that I'm not sure means anything at all, but could be a hint as well.

If you go to their page with the countdown http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/2018 and you look at the clock, which is broken down into 3 parts: Days, Hours and Minutes, they tend to flash quickly from the actual number to other numbers:  Days shows 900, Hours shows 88, and Minutes Shows 923.

Any idea if it's just a glitch in the page coding or if those might actually mean something?

Top speed of 88mph?

88 mph was the speed the DeLorean had to get up to go back in time in Back to the Future.  Coincidence?

I would love it if they did do a bunch of sly BTTF Part III references with this ride. They already have with the Jules Verne teasers since the author was an idol of Doc. Brown.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:27:56 PM by sdcfan88 »

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »
According to KY3 news the ride cost is $28 million

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 16, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Yeah, I just re-read that.  I wonder if they scaled it back from the $40 million figure or if Swoosh got bad info from his "source"

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1180 on: August 16, 2017, 09:43:04 AM »
Or that $26 million doesn't include other things that go along with the ride, like theming and other additions.  That might be just the base ride cost.

It will be interesting to see what they say in the press conference
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 16, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »
See if this site breaks some traffic records today :P
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 16, 2017, 10:44:34 AM »
It's almost time!!! So excited!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1183 on: August 16, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »
Sitting in red gold now waiting for the announcement. I'm focusing on keeping the FB page updated since that is easiest. Lots of excitement! Swoosh and sdcfan88 are getting great footage.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile