Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509748 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1110 on: August 10, 2017, 05:54:50 PM »
Also sending me a PM asking where it is ... come on guys (and gals). We all agreed to not spoil it for everyone else.  You have less than a week before Christmas.  You can last (or you search for yourself)

You have to admit - you asked for that.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1111 on: August 10, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
Also sending me a PM asking where it is ... come on guys (and gals). We all agreed to not spoil it for everyone else.  You have less than a week before Christmas.  You can last (or you search for yourself)

You have to admit - you asked for that.

Yeah I know.  "No good deed goes unpunished"

How about we all just wait for the announcement and let SDC be the ones to present their new creation to us as they wanted it to be presented. Good things come to those who wait!

QFT
SWOOSH

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 10, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
I've scoured the internet looking for said leaked layout and it's nowhere to be found. And stuff like that spreads quickly so I'm having my doubts.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1113 on: August 10, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Let's not encourage anything to be spread further just in case it is a real leak. I am hoping/suspecting it is fake or just fan artwork. We are so close in any case.

I'm much more worried about a news site publishing early in the morning. SDC will undoubtedly send the info out to dozens of organizations near and far, and a lot of places will write their stories the day before and load it up to auto-publish the day of the announcement. Sometimes it gets inserted into the morning news on accident - exactly what happened last week with the SFFT Wonder Woman announcement at 5am.

Probably all the same difference as long as we make it to Wednesday though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 10, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »
Well as soon as they tell the citizens that morning it will be out.  The park knows the citizens won't keep quiet about an attraction this big. 
SWOOSH

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 10, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »
Sadly i think it was real due to the fact that someone said they couldn't find it anywhere and it looks as though the park is trying to hide it. :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[ :-[

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 10, 2017, 08:44:44 PM »
does anyone want to speculate on the coaster? :D (please don't if you have seen the "leak" real or fake I don't want to chance spoiling it)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1117 on: August 10, 2017, 09:27:35 PM »
I haven't see the logo or layout, but wouldn't we think the logo would have something to do with gears and clockworks?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

jecole

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 10, 2017, 10:56:06 PM »
I've scoured the internet looking for said leaked layout and it's nowhere to be found. And stuff like that spreads quickly so I'm having my doubts.

Yeah I checked everywhere I couldn't find anything. Any clues?

straightshooter

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 10, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »
Let's not encourage anything to be spread further just in case it is a real leak. I am hoping/suspecting it is fake or just fan artwork. We are so close in any case.

I'm much more worried about a news site publishing early in the morning. SDC will undoubtedly send the info out to dozens of organizations near and far, and a lot of places will write their stories the day before and load it up to auto-publish the day of the announcement. Sometimes it gets inserted into the morning news on accident - exactly what happened last week with the SFFT Wonder Woman announcement at 5am.

Probably all the same difference as long as we make it to Wednesday though.

You're seriously worried about KY3 getting a scoop on the morning of the announcement? lol Trust me, the good folks at SDC are much more concerned about Swoosh baiting people on spoilers than they are about legitimate reporting by local news outlets. I can promise you that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:32:08 PM by straightshooter »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 10, 2017, 11:43:00 PM »
Quote from: straightshooter
Trust me, the good folks at SDC are much more concerned about Swoosh baiting people on spoilers than they are about legitimate reporting by local news outlets. I can promise you that.

Actually they're not worried about me at all - as they know I won't be posting any of the leaked images.  I have a good thing going with the park and I'm not ruining it just so I can claim "first"

SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 11, 2017, 08:45:32 AM »

It seems there was a lot more excitement over OR than this coaster is generating, even this early on.  There were usually many posts a day speculating, I don't see the activity on the board this time. 
I wonder why?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1122 on: August 11, 2017, 09:08:54 AM »
Meh, I'm just as excited as I was for OR, but there's not much left to speculate that we haven't already gone over for the past year at least. These two year construction cycles are tough to to stay excited through. Even though I don't know exactly what this ride will be, I know enough about what has been constructed so far and what the possibilities are that I'm just ready for the announcement to finally get here.

Plus in general, I think it's just getting continuously harder to surprise enthusiasts. OR was surprisingly revolutionary - it was officially the first "true" inverting wood coaster, right? (if you discount SOB's steel loop). I remember how it came completely out of left field. We seriously thought it was just going to be a neat wooden coaster and then suddenly a huge near-vertical drop goes up, followed by a ridiculous twisted upside down element, etc, etc. It was just simply unprecedented.

This ride looks very very cool, but until we know about whether or not it spins or whatever, there's nothing unprecedented yet. Vertical drops are now practically the norm (especially on these compact German coasters), and mid-course launches have been done on probably dozens of coasters now. The ride isn't even that big scale-wise, although the valley certainly distorts it's true size a lot.

With the RMC craze still going on and the huge announcements taking place at CP and KD on the same day, I can see how this ride is kind of getting buried. Enthusiasts are excited, but they are more excited about CP since that is obviously a lot bigger and more accessible. SDC is still kind of out in the woods for most enthusiasts scattered across the country. I think they really screwed up having the announcement on the same day, even if it is "national roller coaster day"

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 11, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »
^^Agreed. I think there are multiple reasons. A few of my speculative thoughts:

1. Outlaw Run's construction marked 8 years since the opening of SDC's last coaster (PK). That's a long gap for a coaster.
2. At the time, the addition of a woodie to the park had been long overdue. Knowing one was finally coming created a tidal wave of anticipation.
3. Size. One of the first things that took shape upon vertical construction was the initial lift hill. Seeing the height that quickly came to fruition generated a lot of excitement about OR being a legitimate thrill ride.
4. Revolutionary Elements. Despite much of OR being hidden from plain view, we knew early on it would be an RMC with topper track, both of which were still relatively new to the coaster scene. Additionally, we saw elements that defied previous logic and reason that were cause for much conversation over how in the world such things could be achieved on a wooden platform.
5. Oops. All be it very late in the game, the final details of OR were sadly leaked prior to its official announcement, which not only was unfortunate for the park, but continued to fuel discussion and speculation about the ride.

I think the fact that so much of this new coaster is out of plain view and the park has been so good about keeping its details under wraps have played a major role in giving us fewer things to talk about around its construction. Lack of legitimate confirmation as to the manufacturer and "type" of coaster alone have all but exhausted much of the conversation as we've covered all the "what ifs" six ways from Sunday.

I for one am excited about the addition, but concerned at the same time in regards to the rumored spinning element(s). If this is an exclusively "spinning" coaster, I'll never be able to get on it. Praying if that does in fact become part of the draw to the ride it is merely having a spinning option if you so choose to push the ride experience to another level. I think they would be wise to go this route so as to cater the attraction to a far wider demographic. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:27:54 AM by BackInTime9 »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #1124 on: August 11, 2017, 09:58:14 AM »
^^Didn't SDC announce the announcement before CP? I'm also kind of surprised CF would want to announce their new coasters all on the same day.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:49:57 PM by Tmboote »