Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509705 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1095 on: August 09, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »
1.21 gigawatts :P

I think everyone is hoping for a launch through a time portal.

So I guess the launch will get you back up to the station?  Still don't understand how the train gets back to the station.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1096 on: August 09, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »
I kinda think the legitimate time travel theme would be kind of hokey and out of the tongue-in-cheek nature of the rest of the park. The original pitch with the con artists was a lot more suitable, IMO. There are ways to do it, like sdcfan88 laid out, but meh... I'd like it to have some kind of tie in with the city, as they always do. I'm sure they came up with something good.

^Have you see Maverick? Same sort of thing. Launch halfway through gives the ride more than enough juice to speed back into the breaks. Plenty of coasters with launches in the middle now actually. Helix being the most notable since it is also a Mack.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1097 on: August 09, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »
I kinda think the legitimate time travel theme would be kind of hokey and out of the tongue-in-cheek nature of the rest of the park. The original pitch with the con artists was a lot more suitable, IMO. There are ways to do it, like sdcfan88 laid out, but meh... I'd like it to have some kind of tie in with the city, as they always do. I'm sure they came up with something good.

I will come out that the reason why I was originally opposed to the Time Travel theme from the concept is that I never bought into the whole con artist thing as I felt it was out of character for HFEC's theming style as they try to stay PC and as family friendly as possible. I originally called it a red herring because of this as I don't see them "giving glory" to con artists with an attraction, hence the interview with Joel Manby when Outlaw Run debuted.

EDIT: Here it is. The interview 12 minutes in echos this: https://youtu.be/fDgZM_sWa7Y?t=12m6s

And to clarify I am by far not a PC nut, but on the flip side I actually thought it was silly they removed the gun/gallows scene in FITH but that is a whole other discussion in itself.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:28:59 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1098 on: August 09, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »
New photos were shared on the sdcfans Facebook page.  You can view them on there or you can view them on MIG with some commentary.

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/08/time-traveler-construction-sdc_9.html
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 10, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »
What do you think the chances are of this being the first coaster at SDC with a lighting package on the actual cars?
Something simple like Helix has.
https://youtu.be/30TRPu7zmQo?t=3m37s

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 10, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »
^that would be so cool ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 10, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »
IF you don't want to see the layout of the ride - don't go looking around the internet.  It has been leaked.  This is just a mere courtesy warning.  Also a reminder, please DO NOT post a link or the actual photo of the layout here as we want to follow the park's wishes of being the ones to actually release the image.

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1102 on: August 10, 2017, 02:45:42 PM »
That's really unfortunate if there's been a leak again. Friendly reminder that anyone who leaks official info on here will be permanently banned. Photos and speculation are always OK, but don't ruin the fun.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if its fake. A lot of idiots love to make fake layouts in NL and pass them off as real to get attention/clicks.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1103 on: August 10, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
There is a name/logo going around too. It is very well done I will say, but I suspect its a fake too. I also cannot get the google reverse image search to work on them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:49:39 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1104 on: August 10, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »
I saw the logo - it looks fake. It's not hard to make something like that if you have some decent editing software which isn't hard to come by. It doesn't look like a real coaster logo though - the grey silhouette would be hard to print and look awkward. I am pretty certain someone made it for fun.

It's pretty annoying though. Let the park do its thing. We are so close now.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 10, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »
The name is wrong in the logo I saw.  They also had a silouhette of a Big Dipper twin on it which won't work with the station configuration. 

The layout I saw pretty much matched earlier pencil drawings that were leaked.  I guess we'll see. 
SWOOSH

jecole

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 10, 2017, 05:21:25 PM »

The layout I saw pretty much matched earlier pencil drawings that were leaked.  I guess we'll see.

Can you describe the order of elements?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 10, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »

Can you describe the order of elements?

That would pretty much negate my post above about NOT posting the layout before the park releases it.  If you want to sin you'll have to put in the grunt work yourself. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 10, 2017, 05:35:05 PM »
Also sending me a PM asking where it is ... come on guys (and gals). We all agreed to not spoil it for everyone else.  You have less than a week before Christmas.  You can last (or you search for yourself)
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 10, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
How about we all just wait for the announcement and let SDC be the ones to present their new creation to us as they wanted it to be presented. Good things come to those who wait!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."