Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509836 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1065 on: August 05, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »
I know a couple have made mention of this but here is an enlarged picture of it. Anyone wanna take additional guesses as to what the heck this might be? It's not present on any of the other track segments from what I can tell.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:37:15 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1066 on: August 05, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
This is the part that has me most baffled.  Maybe it is just temporary for the construction workers to use to cross the load channel?

It has been installed for the media event.  They did the same at Outlaw Run
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 05, 2017, 06:35:05 PM »
It's interesting that the walkway takes a turn to the left behind Poke Salad Mary's. I expected it to stop and not be completed until Poke Salad Mary's is removed if that is the plan.

From sdcfan88's video.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 05, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »
I know a couple have made mention of this but here is an enlarged picture of it. Anyone wanna take additional guesses as to what the heck this might be? It's not present on any of the other track segnents from what I can tell.

It's teeth for the train to hold still before the 90 degree dive.

I know that it doesn't look like it will be the Mack that is kinda of a wing coasters like SkyRush at Hershey's. We almost had a winged dive coaster, two B&Ms in one basically :P

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 05, 2017, 08:28:02 PM »
Thanks for the pics and video Josh. August 16th cannot get here quick enough.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Sungod

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 05, 2017, 11:30:55 PM »
I'm leaning the opposite of the drop coaster theory in regards to the track piece coming out of the station. I think it will be brackets for a chain/launch module out of the station. Nothing huge but like Maverick at Cedar Point.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 06, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
Moving away from speculation for a bit.  They completed the dive loop.  You will enter it and then invert going to your left and then loop down exiting headed towards TNT
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 06, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
I know a couple have made mention of this but here is an enlarged picture of it. Anyone wanna take additional guesses as to what the heck this might be? It's not present on any of the other track segnents from what I can tell.

It's teeth for the train to hold still before the 90 degree dive.

I know that it doesn't look like it will be the Mack that is kinda of a wing coasters like SkyRush at Hershey's. We almost had a winged dive coaster, two B&Ms in one basically :P

Not only does it hold ya....it spins ya like a fidget spinner before it releases :P

I'm having a hard time picturing what kind of train this is build for.  Will it be a 'traditional' 5-7 car Mack Coaster?  Euro fighter like trains?  Individual Mouse Spinners?  B@M Dive coaster like?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 07, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »
Today's viral clue
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 07, 2017, 06:06:51 PM »
Today's viral clue

Really going with Jules Verne here, if he is in the theme , what I wouldn't give a whole rework of Grand Expo with Jules Verne themed flats, talk about a plethora of options.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 07, 2017, 06:21:32 PM »
Ray Bradbury in contraption from a movie based H G Wells Time Machine in the 60's

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 07, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »
^ Looks like something Elton John would drive through the Everglades!- Penny from The Big Bang Theory
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1077 on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:12 PM »
Today's viral clue

Really going with Jules Verne here, if he is in the theme , what I wouldn't give a whole rework of Grand Expo with Jules Verne themed flats, talk about a plethora of options.

Kind of a Tomorrowland as seen from the 1880s
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 07, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »
Today's viral clue

Kind of a Tomorrowland as seen from the 1880s

Here's a ride at Busch Gardens where the theme is Da Vinci and his contraptions

I think you could retheme most of Grand Expo, with with new buckets on the Dumbo and. Add faux gears on the kiddie coasters . Well, just tweek every thing.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1079 on: August 08, 2017, 01:24:37 AM »
FYI the quote in the teaser Swoosh posted is taken directly from Around the World in 80 Days.

Here is my take on all of this. My backstory is as follows:
An inventor inspired by the previous works of Doctor Horatio Harris with his Wildfire creation has set up shop on the outskirts of Silver Dollar City to create his own flying machine. After years of development at his Ozark mountain workshop, the machine is finally tested in 1888 using a never before seen power source. The machine careens out of the workshop and down the side of the mountain, at the last second it defies gravity and finally takes to the sky but somehow manages to be launched thru time as well. The stunned inventor returns to the present time (1888) Silver Dollar City to tell the citizens of what had transpired and was met with harsh skepticism, in fear he would be ran out of town as a heretic or worse, suffer ridicule from Dr. Harris himself who he looked up to as an idol, he offers the citizens an opportunity to see the future (or the past) at their leisure by taking a ride in this machine to prove himself.

Just a wild guess but I am thinking they changed the theme from the con artist seen in the concept to a legit retro sci-fi steampunk-esque inventor theme. Question is, will it really be a copy and paste of the Wildfire backstory and theming style? I was told this from some enthusiastic employees who caught me grabbing footage of the new coaster:
"The coaster itself will be unlike anything previously seen but it will have lots of retro sci-fi and steampunk theming like what you've already seen on Wildfire."
This info should probably be taken with a grain of salt, but with it being this close to the announcement maybe they caught wind of the info. I was kinda hesitant to post this as there was more to that conversation.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:20:00 AM by sdcfan88 »