Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509757 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1035 on: August 04, 2017, 08:37:09 AM »
Just found this posted on Facebook. Look at that drop! Mack spinning/dive coaster?
I think this confirms the tower plunge part that was seen in all the concepts.

Nice! So definitely no questions left about whether this will truly be "extreme" or not. Going over that plunge is going to be awesome no matter what car design.

And now that they are finally back to adding track, who knows what is going to pop up next. The drop we already kind of knew about, but what about the inversions and the weird box?

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 04, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
Every Jules Verne design had some sort of wings.

Maybe SDC could get a RedBull sponsorship out of this :P

For the record....the timeline fits....Jules Verne books would/could have been well known during our fozen in the late 1800s city timeframe.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1037 on: August 04, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »
In light of this I have made a impromptu visit to the city this morning. I will be grabbing pictures and video of this thing. Hopefully the Culinary School porch is open so I can get a good angle of it with my telephoto lens.

Also they just posted another flying themed teaser.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:03:55 AM by sdcfan88 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 04, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
Hmmm... "Time flies"?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1039 on: August 04, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »

If you had any doubts that this coaster would be called Time Traveler you should be over it now.
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 04, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »
It's a 90 degree drop that goes down 70-100 feet and ends below the hill into a dugout canal and back into a half loop. There is a 2nd half loop with a large section of straight track erected crossing by the bottom of the drop. This track leads to the small rectangular building. Inversions and launches are pretty much confirmed now.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 04, 2017, 12:22:54 PM »
It's a 90 degree drop that goes down 70-100 feet and ends below the hill into a dugout canal and back into a half loop. There is a 2nd half loop with a large section of straight track erected crossing by the bottom of the drop. This track leads to the small rectangular building. Inversions and launches are pretty much confirmed now.
did you get any pics of the other track you speak of or just the drop? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1042 on: August 04, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
Sweeeeeeeeeet. Thanks so much for sharing Josh. That's everything I wanted, sans extra theming which can come in later.

Only downside to this is that we'll probably never get the B&M dive coaster we once thought could be coming. Oh well, plenty of options still left in their catalog.  :D

Is Dr. Horatio going to be involved in this at all?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 04, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
Could the area highlighted in red be support / mounting area for a dive coaster holding brake?

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 04, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »
Could the area highlighted in red be support / mounting area for a dive coaster holding brake?
could be but i kinda hope not... id rather have a traditional mack train than a big dipper type train and i don't think they would use a holding brake for an average train (unless its 3 cars long which could be kinda cool). capacity reasons are why. maybe its just for sensors or a trim. but we shall see. it should be great either way. ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1045 on: August 04, 2017, 01:31:41 PM »
could be but i kinda hope not... id rather have a traditional mack train than a big dipper type train and i don't think they would use a holding brake for an average train (unless its 3 cars long which could be kinda cool). capacity reasons are why. maybe its just for sensors or a trim. but we shall see. it should be great either way. ;)

I've heard 4. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 04, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »
My sister and her family are out there this weekend. Ill text her to see if she can get some more photos Saturday as it progresses.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 04, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »

What Flys without wings is a spinning disk

With the different sections of track and the show building, they'll be more than one train on the course at once. Thus kinda upping theorical capacity. That looks like a dive coaster feature to me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:39:16 PM by chittlins »

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 04, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »

What Flys without wings is a spinning disk

With the different sections of track and the show building, they'll be more than one train on the course at once. Thus kinda upping theorical capacity. That looks like a dive coaster feature to me.
Show building? do you know something we don't? ???

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 04, 2017, 03:53:41 PM »
Encountered a truck as I was leaving bringing more track and supports onsite. You can see more of the layout here.
I got much better shots on my DSLR which I will edit and upload later tonight. Along with video.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:58:09 PM by sdcfan88 »