Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509842 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #990 on: July 24, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »
HMMMM...sounds interesting. But we gotta wait for the announcement.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #991 on: July 25, 2017, 09:04:29 PM »
So August 16 is only like 3 weeks away! It's nuts how fast the summer has gone by and how close we are to the final reveal!

I got an invite today to come out for the announcement ceremony. I will do my best to live-blog to the FB page during.

Let's make sure we can keep the excitement going through the announcement by keeping a lock on any info that shouldn't be public. Anything that isn't an observation or pure speculation should go unsaid until afterwards. Don't go interrogating the dippin dots guy when we're this close!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #992 on: July 25, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
So August 16 is only like 3 weeks away! It's nuts how fast the summer has gone by and how close we are to the final reveal!

I got an invite today to come out for the announcement ceremony. I will do my best to live-blog to the FB page during.

Let's make sure we can keep the excitement going through the announcement by keeping a lock on any info that shouldn't be public. Anything that isn't an observation or pure speculation should go unsaid until afterwards. Don't go interrogating the dippin dots guy when we're this close!

I received an invite as well - trying to arrange things so that I can also attend.  Shave I'll let you know and if I can go we can hang out that day and tag-team on coverage.  We could also do a quasi-live podcast from the event.  The tour of the site is what has me sold on going. 
SWOOSH

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 25, 2017, 11:55:32 PM »
KY3 posted this yesterday... http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Silver-Dollar-City-reveals-a-few-details-about-new-attraction-435913793.html

Again this keeps getting emphasized:
The park calls it the biggest attraction EVER. It says will by more than double in size than any other attraction.
Again Wildfire is their biggest and most expensive coaster overall. I am very anxious to see how project 2018 will top it.

On a side note, have fun reading over on the KY3 Facebook page, lol @ the comments on the article.

Are we SURE that this coaster won't go through Mavel Cave?  With teasers like that, its gotta be something unimaginable.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 26, 2017, 06:40:30 AM »
KY3 posted this yesterday... http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Silver-Dollar-City-reveals-a-few-details-about-new-attraction-435913793.html

The park calls it the biggest attraction EVER. It says will by more than double in size than any other attraction.
Again Wildfire is their biggest and most expensive coaster overall. I am very anxious to see how project 2018 will top it.

On a side note, have fun reading over on the KY3 Facebook page, lol @ the comments on the article.

Are we SURE that this coaster won't go through Mavel Cave?  With teasers like that, its gotta be something unimaginable.

There is a absolute 0 % chance of that happening.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #995 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:19 AM »

There is a absolute 0 % chance of that happening.

Not to mention it would be a federal crime to alter a natural landmark with protected animal species living inside it.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 26, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »

I received an invite as well - trying to arrange things so that I can also attend.  Shave I'll let you know and if I can go we can hang out that day and tag-team on coverage.  We could also do a quasi-live podcast from the event.  The tour of the site is what has me sold on going.

How are people getting invites and do you need and invite to attend I really want to be there.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »
How are people getting invites and do you need and invite to attend I really want to be there.

These are media invites.  Steve got one because of this site and I received one because I've had a long working relationship with the park stretching all the way back to PowderKeg.  Unfortunately you have to receive an invite and then RSVP to be able to attend the event. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #998 on: July 26, 2017, 01:24:27 PM »
It's a media event, so they invite various members of the media. I guess we have enough of an audience to be considered part of that.

And lol, they have enough problems with bats in some of the buildings as it is. Imagine getting smacked in the face with one at 50+ MPH. Tunnels are a possibility if designed right though, but they certainly won't touch the cave!

I'm very interested in how the "boxes" are shaping up now. I've heard that a bunch of stuff is now under tarps to hide it...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
Stephen D sent us a photo update from this weekend.  Check out these great photos that he took.  I'm not sure who mentioned it, but that bridge has definitely grown in size - AND they have started to install the pathway back to the park from the bridge.

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/07/time-traveler-construction-sdc_23.html
SWOOSH

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 29, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »
Sorry if this is has already been posted.  But this is from the pathfinder today.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1001 on: July 29, 2017, 03:12:10 PM »
Very cool. Man that pathway did get wider. Definitely looks like part of the main queue at the moment, but I don't understand the fork either. It's possible that a fastpass lane comes up from one side...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 29, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's an ADA ramp and steps.  Nothing else it could be.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 30, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
those are some great updated pictures,.. Looks like they are taking full advantage of the dry weather.. 

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 31, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »
I am curious about the phrase Gravity "redefined". Instead of it shooting out of the station and plummeting downward, could it go in reverse up that giant hill?? That would be a 1st of its kind (i think). 
You have a great past just ahead of you.