Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509678 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #930 on: July 06, 2017, 10:02:10 AM »
^Nah, pretty sure its been that way for awhile. A lot of big pages/brands have figured out that its better to not give too much of a soap box to their customers.

I don't think the little building thing is going to have track going through it in any capacity, at least in it's current form. It's too small. Who knows what they'll build on top of it, but it doesn't look like there are any major supports there - at least not yet. The concept art for the mine theme showed a tunnel somewhere...

Someone on FB mentioned Firechaser Express... the big swoops do kind of look like it. That would be kind of funny if it turned out to be a family coaster after all this - but I wouldn't be complaining. Firechaser is a fun ride, and I'm sure on some level the process of HFEC building it shaped how they approached this ride.

I agree that the retaining wall area looks like it will hold a drop... I just don't get why it is seemingly going to be outdoors? Would be perfect for a mine shaft like in the concept... Maybe there will be some other type of theming element added later.

We can agree to disagree. The makings of another concrete foundation directly above and almost connected to this building can be spied. The lower "crawlspace" opening is more retangular. Those openings certainly hint at mechanical works. Also notice the odd shaped concrete footer that has a type of Plus sign design on top to the right of the more complete building. Plus I still think there's much more to that building than just space. We may be getting an enormous queue but with lots more "theming" than we are used to. Reminds me of the queue of Verbolten where there's lots of outdoor queue but a good bit of indoor with stuff. Maybe we are getting a pre ride show like Baron at Efteling. It's about time our top tier mid sized parks start the effort being seen in Europe.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:26:10 AM by chittlins »

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 09, 2017, 05:35:12 PM »
Got to admit, I hate this building a ride over two seasons stuff...Riverblast, Outlaw Run, and this one...but I know the winter season ain't Nov. Thru March anymore, and the cost for a new attraction is crazy high and takes a couple of budget years to pay for it...but It does appear that this new thing is gonna be a hum dinger...if they stick with the time traveler thing I wonder if Uncle Rube Dugan makes a reappearance here and I admit I kind of hope he does...my ol' Uncle Rube is a fellow I am very much fond of. Been fun seeing all the photos being posted. I hope I can be there opening day next year to see how it all unfolds.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 10, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »
Just checking in for the first time in a couple of months. I don't know what this ride will be, but I agree that it's huge!

Good to see Junio popping back up here, too.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 10, 2017, 11:13:13 AM »
Got to admit, I hate this building a ride over two seasons stuff...Riverblast, Outlaw Run, and this one...but I know the winter season ain't Nov. Thru March anymore, and the cost for a new attraction is crazy high and takes a couple of budget years to pay for it...but It does appear that this new thing is gonna be a hum dinger...if they stick with the time traveler thing I wonder if Uncle Rube Dugan makes a reappearance here and I admit I kind of hope he does...my ol' Uncle Rube is a fellow I am very much fond of. Been fun seeing all the photos being posted. I hope I can be there opening day next year to see how it all unfolds.

Wow, Junior!  What a thought!  That would be fantastic!!

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 10, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
Great to see you post Junior!
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 11, 2017, 11:21:18 PM »
Many FB pages do that. SDC has somehow blocked visitor posts for years, not sure how they can do that... I have tried many times, hoping I would see posts from guests. They have always allowed reviews. I dont remember them blocking those.

Junior, that would be fantastic to have. It would blow my mind, but I doubt they would do that for us.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 12, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »
Junior, wow. I never thought of bringing Rube Dugan back for this but it's a great idea. That would be some amazing fan service on HFE's part.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 12, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
Good to see Junio popping back up here, too.

Que? :P

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 12, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
Junior, wow. I never thought of bringing Rube Dugan back for this but it's a great idea. That would be some amazing fan service on HFE's part.

I still think that if there was ever a time that SDC wanted to do a 4d, 6d, 7d, 3,000d attraction with screenz, it would be a new version of Diving Bell.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #939 on: July 12, 2017, 05:41:25 PM »

I still think that if there was ever a time that SDC wanted to do a 4d, 6d, 7d, 3,000d attraction with screenz, it would be a new version of Diving Bell.

How about our version of TDS's 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. OR our version of Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey
SWOOSH

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 13, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »
I'm a newbie when it comes to posting, but have been reading for a few years.  I am unfamiliar with Rube Dugan so I googled it (what else would we do today, right?) and came across this old video.  I'm sure at some point it may have been posted in a Forum in here somewhere, but I was in awe watching it.  Good video of the park from the 70's.  Sorry if it's inappropriate in posting in this specific forum.  After googling it, I now remember the ride when i was a kid.

https://youtu.be/s-dpto8afjk

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 13, 2017, 12:08:35 PM »
I'm a newbie when it comes to posting, but have been reading for a few years.  I am unfamiliar with Rube Dugan so I googled it (what else would we do today, right?) and came across this old video.  I'm sure at some point it may have been posted in a Forum in here somewhere, but I was in awe watching it.  Good video of the park from the 70's.  Sorry if it's inappropriate in posting in this specific forum.  After googling it, I now remember the ride when i was a kid.

I honestly didn't see Rube Dugan's diving bell in that video.  I did see the Jim Owen Float Trip though.
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 13, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »

I honestly didn't see Rube Dugan's diving bell in that video.  I did see the Jim Owen Float Trip though.
Yep, If that was early 70's the diving bell was not around yet.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:14:53 PM by Runner1960 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 13, 2017, 06:03:32 PM »
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/07/time-traveler-construction-sdc_13.html

The scaffolding supports for the exit bridge from the station has been installed.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #944 on: July 13, 2017, 08:49:05 PM »
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/07/time-traveler-construction-sdc_13.html

The scaffolding supports for the exit bridge from the station has been installed.

None of that was there Tuesday, but I got the idea they were staging for lifting some heavy loads into position in that location.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating