Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509823 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #915 on: July 02, 2017, 03:47:21 PM »
Looks like a nice little airtime hill being formed leading into the lower swoop. The bigger swoop looks like it's just going to kind of circle around up high? The support is banked, but it's at the same elevation as the last one...

I guess there's no holding out hope for any kind of viewing platform, but the culinary porch will do nicely anyway.

I'm just ready to see a bunch of track pop up. Looks like they are getting ready to burst ahead with it again very soon.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #916 on: July 03, 2017, 07:20:28 PM »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #917 on: July 03, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
Someone want to take this week's shift of getting photos.  I'll be on the East Coast
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 04, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »
OK, If this works I will be adding a couple of aerial photos...  Make Note, these were taken from helicopter, flying over the highway,  NOT over SDC airspace..  Pictures look ok, considering zoom lense.  Not the retaing wall we have been talking about and the excavation that goes SE from there..  I think it is going to have a massive drop right there,,, :D

the other view really gives a great overall view of all the footings....

Also a little noise going on that this train will not stop to reload... slow pace, people in and out on loading... just what I heard this weekend.....

OK. pictures didnt load.. Hmm? i will contact shave and  have him help me..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 04, 2017, 06:08:20 PM »
OK. so here are my in park pics from this weekend... this is a Facebook link, you have to be signed on to facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10211852341135455.1073741943.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=21

stand by for my aerial photos,  Shave is going to do his magic and try to get them up for me

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #920 on: July 04, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »
Excellent photos Dan! Thanks so much! These really show the scale of things. I can't believe someone actually did a copter tour for this! How was it?

Also: I finally realized it was a board setting that was preventing photos from being uploaded, not a sever setting doh! Fixed now.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #921 on: July 04, 2017, 11:18:24 PM »
Whoa! Look at that mine field of footers! And the concrete structures and retaining walls are quite interesting too. Looks like they might be doing something interesting for that first drop after all! Still hoping for some enclosed or pass thru elements to be constructed, or even a dive coaster-esque tunnel.

Loving everyones photos being posted BTW
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:42:35 PM by sdcfan88 »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 04, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »
Thanks a million for sharing the photos. So appreciate everyone helping to keep all of us abreast of the progress who cannot make it to the park as conveniently as others. Lots of great perspective from the aerial photos. It's such a relief to see that despite what had been speculated to be massive land clearing isn't quite as barren as we thought. Looks like they were plenty mindful about sparing as much vegetation as possible. I had feared this would look like WF 2.0 until now. Between plenty of track and some strategically saved trees, this could be another gem of a ride. If this tops the ride experience of OR, SDC is going to continue to turn heads and turnstiles.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 05, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
OK, If this works I will be adding a couple of aerial photos...  Make Note, these were taken from helicopter, flying over the highway,  NOT over SDC airspace..  Pictures look ok, considering zoom lense.  Not the retaing wall we have been talking about and the excavation that goes SE from there..  I think it is going to have a massive drop right there,,, :D

the other view really gives a great overall view of all the footings....

Also a little noise going on that this train will not stop to reload... slow pace, people in and out on loading... just what I heard this weekend.....

OK. pictures didnt load.. Hmm? i will contact shave and  have him help me..

SDC doesn't have "air space."  Just like you don't have a right to shoot down a drone over your property.

And, yes that drop looks straight out of the station which tends to support the arguement of a dive feature as part of this layout and that the drop will pass under some track. I'm under the theory that any spinning will be just a part of the layout and not through out.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 05, 2017, 05:26:38 AM »

[/quote]
SDC doesn't have "air space."  Just like you don't have a right to shoot down a drone over your property.
[/quote]

I am aware of that, But wanted to be sure to let people kow I was "off" park..  LOL>   to get these pics.... 

as far as a drone over my property, If I see it?.........  it better be out of range ;) ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 05, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »
I forgot to thank Shave for helping me get these pics loaded up.  Thanks.!

Now that you can see the retaingin walls and groundwork.. 

What is the building to the left of photo? framework on top of concrete bunker?  NOT a tunnel?   Maybe train storage or Maint?  Seems odd to be positioned there with the main building being as massive as it is..?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 05, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »
I forgot to thank Shave for helping me get these pics loaded up.  Thanks.!

Now that you can see the retaingin walls and groundwork.. 

What is the building to the left of photo? framework on top of concrete bunker?  NOT a tunnel?   Maybe train storage or Maint?  Seems odd to be positioned there with the main building being as massive as it is..?

At first sight, I thought it might have been a drop track building.with the opening up high on the left and opening down low on the right but the looks of a permanent concrete floor between the two squashed that. So, now I theorize that it'should a show building like Fire chaser Express with some trick track and a place for a reverse launch with the lower opening a door to the mechanical stuff. I can see this is where cars spinning comes into play. They could rotate the cars in the build and that portion of the ride be where the spinning comes (having been a static ride till that point) All of that kinda points to the Time Traveler theme with that point getting you back to present day.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #927 on: July 05, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
On a side note, is it just me or did SDC block visitor posts and reviews on their FB page? I noticed that section on the right side appears empty and you cannot click on the "see posts". Did something happen or could this be related to the 2018 addition fearing people would post spoilers?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #928 on: July 05, 2017, 07:45:33 PM »
^Nah, pretty sure its been that way for awhile. A lot of big pages/brands have figured out that its better to not give too much of a soap box to their customers.

I don't think the little building thing is going to have track going through it in any capacity, at least in it's current form. It's too small. Who knows what they'll build on top of it, but it doesn't look like there are any major supports there - at least not yet. The concept art for the mine theme showed a tunnel somewhere...

Someone on FB mentioned Firechaser Express... the big swoops do kind of look like it. That would be kind of funny if it turned out to be a family coaster after all this - but I wouldn't be complaining. Firechaser is a fun ride, and I'm sure on some level the process of HFEC building it shaped how they approached this ride.

I agree that the retaining wall area looks like it will hold a drop... I just don't get why it is seemingly going to be outdoors? Would be perfect for a mine shaft like in the concept... Maybe there will be some other type of theming element added later.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #929 on: July 05, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
On a side note, is it just me or did SDC block visitor posts and reviews on their FB page? I noticed that section on the right side appears empty and you cannot click on the "see posts". Did something happen or could this be related to the 2018 addition fearing people would post spoilers?

IIRC they did this before Outlaw Run as well.  Now if anyone should do that, it should be WOF.  Wow their "fans" are brutal with their comments and "reviews"
SWOOSH