Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509847 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #900 on: June 27, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »
^Agreed. I would also love to see this ride incorporate interior/pass through elements like this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9-fK3f6tOw
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:17:35 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #901 on: June 27, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »
So to stoke the fires even more - Mack has previously done some other novel things with ride vehicles. There's another coaster of their's that rocks and shakes as it goes along the track. They are a very inventive and ambitious bunch and they can pretty much do anything they put their minds to. I've pondered all along that if this is a "spinning" coaster, that surely the spinning would be controlled or governed to some degree. Perhaps they will design a vehicle that can spin, tilt, maybe even vibrate or something? Perhaps the cars will spin on certain segments and go straight or even look backwards in others.

Lots of possibilities beyond spinning/not spinning.

Someone mentioned that Six Flags is trying to go for several "record holders" and "worlds first's" next year as well, so that's got me thinking about how many different things could be in the works...

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 28, 2017, 07:10:47 AM »
Well, I am down here and got some photos with my Sony DSLR. Got ready to upload them to the Facebook page and I forgot my USB cable. If I can find a cable somewhere today I will upload everything.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 28, 2017, 08:51:30 AM »
So to stoke the fires even more - Mack has previously done some other novel things with ride vehicles. There's another coaster of their's that rocks and shakes as it goes along the track. They are a very inventive and ambitious bunch and they can pretty much do anything they put their minds to. I've pondered all along that if this is a "spinning" coaster, that surely the spinning would be controlled or governed to some degree. Perhaps they will design a vehicle that can spin, tilt, maybe even vibrate or something? Perhaps the cars will spin on certain segments and go straight or even look backwards in others.

Lots of possibilities beyond spinning/not spinning.

Someone mentioned that Six Flags is trying to go for several "record holders" and "worlds first's" next year as well, so that's got me thinking about how many different things could be in the works...

In our rides on the Maurer Sohne spinner that Hershey used for Laff Trakk , it seemed very controled, it never really spun like a tilt a whirl car

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 28, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »
Wow they are really digging out that area below the station for the first drop! I'd be stoked if this winds up being a dive tunnel of some sort! Either way I really hope they incorporate some pass thru elements or tunnels on this coaster as hinted upon in some of the concept art.

BTW to the owner of the photos, I am assuming you used some kind of zoom lens for this, or is it cropped?

The retaining wall tells me the track is going through that area and I doubt it'll be covered

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 28, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
My thoughts exactly.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 28, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »
Wow they are really digging out that area below the station for the first drop! I'd be stoked if this winds up being a dive tunnel of some sort! Either way I really hope they incorporate some pass thru elements or tunnels on this coaster as hinted upon in some of the concept art.

BTW to the owner of the photos, I am assuming you used some kind of zoom lens for this, or is it cropped?

The retaining wall tells me the track is going through that area and I doubt it'll be covered

doubt if it will be covered.. i dont think they would hand lay a retaining wall if it to be out of sight, and the footer in the foreground would be taller (probably) if that were to be buried..

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 29, 2017, 11:46:56 AM »
I just spotted thick spined Mack track used for high stress elements literally right in front of the service entrance on 76! Several pieces litter this area. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. I got better images and video with my DSLR which I will process and upload tonight.

Anyone think we could be seeing this element pop up on this coaster? http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60451&start=420 There is a twisty piece of track further back that looks similar to that element.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:55:39 PM by sdcfan88 »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 29, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »
I'm sure everybody has seen this and it's been posted before but I found this to be interesting!
https://youtu.be/I9_2BvSkNAs
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #909 on: June 29, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »
I'm sure everybody has seen this and it's been posted before but I found this to be interesting!
https://youtu.be/I9_2BvSkNAs

Like was said before, this is not what SDC is getting. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 29, 2017, 11:22:21 PM »
Okay here are the pictures from my DSLR. (shot with a telephoto lens for many of these) Interestingly enough, I initially thought the track was a black/dark grey color but these pieces actually appear to be a deep forest green, I quite like it.

Construction update video uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZTz89RVU0

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:50:48 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #911 on: June 30, 2017, 08:34:29 AM »
Tremendous photos, thanks so much for sharing. I can't tell if any more track is actually in place, but perhaps the biggest development is the framing on top of the concrete box. Beginning of the tower, or housing for launch components?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 30, 2017, 09:11:49 AM »
those are some great shots.. I am anxious to be there this weekend... :D

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 30, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
Thanks all. And as for the speculation as to why the track installation got suspended? While part of it could have been from the earthquake earlier this month I think part of it too is they are waiting on crucial pieces to arrive from Germany. That does take a bit.

Another thing too, I did strike up conversations about the coaster with employees and everyone pretty much said the same thing that they haven't been told any details (or at least anything they can share) but they were emphasizing the fact that all they keep hearing is that its gonna be very BIG when its all said and done.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:05:12 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 16TH!
This week's update features 32 photos! 
Make sure you check out the entire update: HERE

STATION UPDATE (they added the evac staircase this week)

POWER STATION UPDATE (looks like all we need is a roof now)

TRACK PROGRESS (new supports / lots of footers waiting for supports & track)

QUEUE LINE PROGRESS
SWOOSH