Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509650 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #885 on: June 20, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »
^ Praying that appointment does bring good news!

Thank you.

Looks like my trip will be postponed till next week. I WILL have some new photos then. Probably will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week.  Hopefully there will be some progress to show.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #886 on: June 20, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »
I personally think you're trying to read too much into what Lisa Rau said.

1. Mountain - it is quite literally being built in the Ozark Mountains on the side of a hill
2. Mystery - no one "knows" what it is except the elite PTB
3. 18 - it is coming in 2018

Probably so, it's just that we know they share so many organization process assets on these rides. I am positive that at one point a lot of work was done on something similar to Mystery Mine for SDC based on what the chain got out of building that ride. Surely they would tap into that somehow if they are indeed building a highly themed coaster with a mine/mystery theme. Just a hunch.

They haven't made any references to the time traveler theme since the concept pitches. Either they are hiding it, or they went a different direction. For the last two coasters the final theme concept was different than anything in the pitches (that I can remember at least).

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #887 on: June 20, 2017, 07:49:12 PM »
I personally think you're trying to read too much into what Lisa Rau said.

1. Mountain - it is quite literally being built in the Ozark Mountains on the side of a hill
2. Mystery - no one "knows" what it is except the elite PTB
3. 18 - it is coming in 2018

Probably so, it's just that we know they share so many organization process assets on these rides. I am positive that at one point a lot of work was done on something similar to Mystery Mine for SDC based on what the chain got out of building that ride. Surely they would tap into that somehow if they are indeed building a highly themed coaster with a mine/mystery theme. Just a hunch.

They haven't made any references to the time traveler theme since the concept pitches. Either they are hiding it, or they went a different direction. For the last two coasters the final theme concept was different than anything in the pitches (that I can remember at least).

1. Next time you see me remind me to talk about that
2. Did you see the latest teaser sign? "Clock's Ticking..."

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:05:57 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 22, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
Who has photo duty this week?   I have it for the 30th
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #889 on: June 22, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »

1. Next time you see me remind me to talk about that
2. Did you see the latest teaser sign? "Clock's Ticking..."

Sure, and man I did miss that sign initially. So I guess they truly are knowingly playing at these two themes/names to keep us in the dark as long as possible. I love it!

ACE just announced a spring conference at SDC next year! You can bet this coaster is going to be on full blast throughout the enthusiast community. I can't think of a better way to advertise it! They really know what they are doing with the marketing build-up; I can't wait to see what August brings.

I keep having stuff pop up so I'm not sure when I'll be out there again. Possibly early/mid August.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 25, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »
did anyone get any pictures this weekend ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 25, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
did anyone get any pictures this weekend ???

Doesn't sound like it.  Not sure how we can have so many posters visit the park and no one was able to get photos. 

I'll have some on Friday
SWOOSH

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 26, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »
^ Great pics- thanks!  I'm expecting an email anytime now with an update from SDC  :P

I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #894 on: June 26, 2017, 07:10:36 PM »
Cool shots, thanks for sharing! Gotta be careful though, while it's "legal" as long as you are outside the fence, I'm sure someone will be unhappy about photos being taken from that area.

Still going slow with the track additions lately, but I'm very intrigued by the landscaping stone wall at the very bottom of the huge trench...

That curve in the air has no end in sight yet...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 26, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »

Still going slow with the track additions lately, but I'm very intrigued by the landscaping stone wall at the very bottom of the huge trench...

I am also wondering about the landscape wall... they have been working on the area, "trench, footings, wall"  for quite a while...

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #896 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:00 AM »
Wow they are really digging out that area below the station for the first drop! I'd be stoked if this winds up being a dive tunnel of some sort! Either way I really hope they incorporate some pass thru elements or tunnels on this coaster as hinted upon in some of the concept art.

BTW to the owner of the photos, I am assuming you used some kind of zoom lens for this, or is it cropped?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:43:26 AM by sdcfan88 »

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 27, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »
Oh yeah! Gaye was wide open so I pulled over took a few pics with zoom but I didn't dare step a foot inside!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 27, 2017, 11:27:15 AM »
I wonder if they were just teasing us when they put up the first pieces of track or maybe trying to divert our eyes off of something else?  :o :o :o

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 27, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
Awesome. Thanks a million for grabbing and sharing that shot. A few things have me intrigued with this photo. First if all, it gives some additional perspective around the drop out of the station. Second, while a potential long shot due its proximity to EH, the shape of the retaining wall gives me the impression this could be a later pass through element behind, under or over the initial drop. Perhaps its just an illusion given the angle of the photo, but the wall almost appears to have curve to it. Lastly, the presence of the white PVC pipe has me excited and wondering of this area of the circuit will have some element of water or fog to enhance the drop and/or pass through element(s). It's killing me not being able to get there to take an aerial shot to give us all some real perspective as to how much the site has changed since the Springfield News-Leader article came to light in early March.