Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509758 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #870 on: June 17, 2017, 07:45:17 PM »
I am thinking about a solo trip next week. Probably Wed and Thursday. I will try and take my good DLSR and get some shots. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck in uploading to this site so not sure how I can post them. have tried everything but I always get my file size is to large message. Any ideas or I can just set up a Facebook link?

Did you make it down to the park?
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 17, 2017, 10:06:06 PM »
I am thinking about a solo trip next week. Probably Wed and Thursday. I will try and take my good DLSR and get some shots. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck in uploading to this site so not sure how I can post them. have tried everything but I always get my file size is to large message. Any ideas or I can just set up a Facebook link?

Did you make it down to the park?

It is this coming week I might go. 22nd and 23rd. It all depends on how my oncology appointment goes Tuesday.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 18, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »
^ Praying that appointment does bring good news!
I'm Your Huckleberry

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
^ Praying that appointment does bring good news!

Thank you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 18, 2017, 11:25:26 PM »
Update for this week. 
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/06/time-traveler-construction-sdc_18.html?m=1

The wet weather and earthquake slowed things down this week but the big changes are new teaser signs and the start of a paint scheme on the station. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #875 on: June 19, 2017, 01:32:20 PM »
Did they really have to slow down due to a 2.9 earthquake? Supposedly you can't even feel them most of the time unless they register at least a 3, and even then it's faint. I never notice them until they reach around 4 at least.

Seems like they are really going in spurts lately. When they actually get going they can put up several pieces a day, but it seems like they have to keep stopping for some reason or another. I'm hoping that is a sign of coordination with potential elements such as theme items, but it could just be the difficult logistics of the site.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2017, 03:40:08 PM »
Yes.  Even a 2.9 earthquake is bad.  They had to re inspect everything in the park including the cave. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »
Back to the "How are they going to market it?" topic....

If it is a spinner....could it be the worlds longest/steepest drop spinner?  What is the record holder today?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #878 on: June 19, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »
^Meh, by themselves no one would care about those titles, but perhaps they will simply bill it as "World's Most Extreme Spinning Coaster' and have those as subpoints.

I think the "Mountain Mystery" tidbit is really interesting. Certainly more fuel for the "Mountain" theme rumor. In any case it is certainly a parallel with Dollywood's Mystery Mine project. There was a massive rumor about ten years ago that they were working on their own version, but it was scrapped at the last minute due to budget cuts, the recession, and issues with Mystery Mine. Perhaps there are certain things from that project that are being transferred to this one? Theming concepts maybe?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »
I personally think you're trying to read too much into what Lisa Rau said.

1. Mountain - it is quite literally being built in the Ozark Mountains on the side of a hill
2. Mystery - no one "knows" what it is except the elite PTB
3. 18 - it is coming in 2018
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:03:46 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #880 on: June 19, 2017, 11:35:48 PM »
In today's Springfield Business Journal, there is an article on Lisa Rau. It's kind of "Day in the Life" piece. It mentions a super secret morning meeting that she had.
"We're calling it MM18 - Mountain Mystery 2018," she says of the meeting. "Only the highest level people know right now: we haven't even told the employees yet."

Went ahead and provided the link to those interested, beyond the 2018 coaster talk its worth the read: http://sbj.net/Content/ENEWS-ARTICLES/ENEWS-ARTICLES/Article/Day-in-the-Life-With-Lisa-Rau/29/82/109666

This final month and a half will be fun for last minute speculation. Hard to believe we are finally about to reach the date for the official announcement. Regardless of the name being Time Traveler or Mountain whatever it is gonna be exciting to see how this unfolds to say the least. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:40:15 PM by sdcfan88 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2017, 04:50:46 AM »
Oh wow, that was an awesome article! Thanks for linking it!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »
Thanks for the link..

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2017, 10:07:04 AM »
Went ahead and provided the link to those interested, beyond the 2018 coaster talk its worth the read: http://sbj.net/Content/ENEWS-ARTICLES/ENEWS-ARTICLES/Article/Day-in-the-Life-With-Lisa-Rau/29/82/109666

Thanks for posting the link. When I tried looking at it online before posting, it kept wanting me to sign in so I thought that it was behind a paywall.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »
I enjoyed the article. Thanks for posting the link and thanks to all of you who have provided updates on the new project. It stinks that I haven't been able to make it out to Branson/SDC the last 2 years so your posts keep me updated on my beloved SDC.
Colorado SDC Fan