Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509770 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »
Laroy posted some great shots on the FB page. I suspect some of your shots are too large in filesize to post on here. FB has built in mechanisms to make them smaller that we don't have.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like there is a lot of new track after all! Looks like a lot of swooping around so far. I am looking forward to the first inversion going up.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
Also forgot to mention, I rode the train and saw a few pieces of track in the employee lot. Didnt get pics, but the 1 I saw the best was a piece that curves up.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #842 on: June 10, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
Nice job Laroy.  I'm going to see if I can lighten a few and then share the better ones on MiG giving you full credit
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #843 on: June 11, 2017, 02:21:11 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures Laroy!
For those who don't do Facebook:

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 11, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »
Great pics..  really show what kind of coverage the tress will be providing, even though they removed a lot of them for the project....

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #845 on: June 11, 2017, 09:44:19 AM »
The ride is really starting to take a shape! Look at all of that glorious track. I agree sanddunerider about the trees. The more the better!  :)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 11, 2017, 02:34:16 PM »
On a side note, I am still really surprised by the lack of excitement or interest with the construction progress compared to other projects from what I can see on a lot of forums and social media groups regarding this coaster, even with the track now being on site. Or is it just me?

Another example on TPR, they are still giving hourly updates on Lightning Rod at Dollywood while going on about whether or not SDC is better than SFSL in the SDC thread. lol  ::)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:55:50 PM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 11, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
On a side note, I am still really surprised by the lack of excitement or interest with the construction progress compared to other projects from what I can see on a lot of forums and social media groups regarding this coaster, even with the track now being on site. Or is it just me?

Another example on TPR, they are still giving hourly updates on Lightning Rod at Dollywood. lol  ::)

I think you will see an increase in "excitement" AFTER SDC announce the ride and they start promoting it.. Remember, even though we are updating ourselves with pics and any info we can....... SDC is being quiet, no postings, no promotions...  just wait! 8)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 11, 2017, 03:30:42 PM »
I would've thought we'd be getting "teaser" emails by now- that is, those of us that signed up for the emails (I'm thinking this entire board?  ;))
I'm Your Huckleberry

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 11, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »
Not sure where the Holidays in Midtown thread is, so I will post this here. As I walked thru Midtown the other day, I looked at the new platform, but saw something rather strange on it. It is a speaker. Im thinking this will be a popular place with some sort of tree or something set to music on it.

I noted on my last trip they have new speakers all over mid town.  I am not sure if the are going to play different music than on the square but there are a lot of speakers all over mid-town.  The candle shop, Mary Springhouse, Grandfathers mansion.  They will be doing something that involves a soundtrack in this area at Christmas I believe.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 11, 2017, 05:14:23 PM »
Not sure where the Holidays in Midtown thread is, so I will post this here. As I walked thru Midtown the other day, I looked at the new platform, but saw something rather strange on it. It is a speaker. Im thinking this will be a popular place with some sort of tree or something set to music on it.

I noted on my last trip they have new speakers all over mid town.  I am not sure if the are going to play different music than on the square but there are a lot of speakers all over mid-town.  The candle shop, Mary Springhouse, Grandfathers mansion.  They will be doing something that involves a soundtrack in this area at Christmas I believe.

It was basically be what was done with the Osborne lights at WDW
SWOOSH

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 11, 2017, 10:31:01 PM »
I would've thought we'd be getting "teaser" emails by now- that is, those of us that signed up for the emails (I'm thinking this entire board?  ;))
I would've thought we would have had a teaser by now too.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 11, 2017, 10:40:01 PM »
Lets play a game whoever guesses the most right wins... results should be out around august 5th.

1.Number of inversions (0 is an option)

2.Number of launches (0 is an option)

3.Approximate height

4.Theme

5.Name

6.Spinning/Stationary/Backwards possibilities

7.One specific inversion (if you think there will be any)

8.Number of airtime moments (0 is an option)

9.Approximate top speed

10.Number of Records/Firsts

Gook Luck  :D

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 12, 2017, 03:01:52 AM »
Saw this while doing a Google image search. Interesting perspective. I still wonder what that large pit and strange concrete structure in the foreground is gonna be for? A large inversion footing?

[ADMIN EDIT: PHOTO REMOVED]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:13:10 AM by shavethewhales »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 12, 2017, 06:16:07 AM »
Well that photo was definitely taken on board TNT.  Not sure we want promote that practice by posting the photo
SWOOSH