Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509619 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #720 on: May 09, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »
I'm not holding out for anything spectacular in the theming department on this ride anymore. Just doesn't seem like the signs are there, but I guess there is still lots of time.

I think your right about the theming, I think we will see heavy theming on west side, maybe south side, and of course some signage inside the building and along the Queue.  other than, i dont expect to see much.

We still have a long built time left.  I don't understand the conclusion that they have cut theming? 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #721 on: May 10, 2017, 01:52:40 AM »
Not sure either, but they could have had a change of heart about the theme. Its not as uncommon to happen as many might believe. Either way its still too early to call it and write it off. There is probably still essential structural and infrastructure work that still needs to be done and whatnot. This is a massive station and coaster that is being built.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:55:04 AM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #722 on: May 10, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
^^Oh, I'm not coming to any conclusions yet, but the apparent changes in the station and the history of other rides I mentioned have me wondering. I'm still expecting some very cool stuff to show up. I'm less hopeful that anything outside the station will end up themed. You'd think there would be more evidence of it by now. Who knows though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #723 on: May 10, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
Why would they put up the themed items before the track is even installed?   I guess I'm not understanding why we are so quick to write off the name being Time Traveler.   
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
Screams ape reported that the theme, name may change.  It may also be wishful thinking

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 10, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »
Lance just recently noticed the other filed names.  Lance does a great job with his site, but it is far from 100% accurate.  Still convinced it's Time Traveler and the other names are to throw you off
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #726 on: May 10, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »
Lance has been slowly getting more and more backlogged over the years with news. We discussed the other filings like two months ago. We also outlined the possibility of Wild Mountain being cheap fall back plan.

I could still see the Wild Mountain thing happening. Word from around the park is that the construction is going over budget and has been a huge headache. Like I said, they've always had to cut back and re-imagine things over the course of each development project.

Who knows though, I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for signs of anything other than a box station and some track.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 10, 2017, 11:08:41 PM »
IF they were going with Wild Mountsin, they sure as hell wouldn't have it on a sign teasing the ride this early in the season
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
Very cool. Really helps make the building envelope more architecturally interesting. Plus that's like another storey on this thing... what is that now, eight or nine stories from the ground on the far side? Is this the first skyscraper station?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #731 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:49 AM »
Going thru some Mack coaster ride thru videos, I am sticking with my theory that SDC will be getting its own version of Helix if this is a Mack. Look at the similarities of the station building layout to whats being constructed so far. And of course most notably the first drop from the station itself. https://youtu.be/zBFbwaFeVl8?t=1m50s

Another odd similarity is that it interacts with an older coaster themed to a train. Some interesting parallels here. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oebLkln06Wc
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:33:24 AM by sdcfan88 »

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 17, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 17, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »
Anybody seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9_2BvSkNAs

Not even close...... ::) ::)

I agree not even in the ballpark. Where is this guy coming from on that video ?