Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509807 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #645 on: April 02, 2017, 07:16:22 AM »
If you missed it - Brad posted some photos to Facebook today
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/04/time-traveler-construction-sdc.html

Nice, they have done a lot of framing since i was there a week ago..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #646 on: April 04, 2017, 09:13:19 PM »
I noticed the www.link on the fence changed and "WildMountain" has been replaced with "OverTheFence". Both links are still active and take you to the same web page: http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/what-is-it

Which made me wonder....what if I replace "WildMountain" with "TineTraveler"......so I did, but it only lead me to a "page not found" page.

Jay

Yeah, I was wondering about this myself. Why bother with the Wild Mountain thing if it's going to be instantly replaced? Unless it was a red herring to mess with enthusiasts? Or maybe someone thought the wildmountain thing was too confusing? Probably just stops them from being harassed with "what is wild mountain?" questions from people who have no idea what is going on.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #647 on: April 04, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
I think it was supposed to be a red herring.  I'm still convinced that the ride will be called Time Traveler andhave heard nothing to change that opinion yet. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #648 on: April 08, 2017, 01:11:54 PM »
Added a few cell phone shots to the FB page. The building will be all closed in by the time they start building track apparently. So much work and concrete going on in the gully. Something HUGE is going to be supported there.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 10, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
I am very curious what the final rendering will be for this structure. This is a sky scrapper for SDC standards. Did they even have buildings this tall in the 1800's??

At first, i honestly thought this structure would be themed to a mountain, due to its sheer size, but the box shape isn't going away, and now you can see windows being placed. Its just HUGE, so what will the story be to compensate its size in an 1880's Ozark village? (i know, i know...its not Miss Mary's time anymore).
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »
Added a few cell phone shots to the FB page. The building will be all closed in by the time they start building track apparently. So much work and concrete going on in the gully. Something HUGE is going to be supported there.

Lots of concrete going into that hole..  I still think that will be the launching point....

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 10, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
Looking at your pictures on Facebook, this one has me scratching my head.....

Look at the two openings on the right. I would guess these are the maintenance openings for storage, etc. (just a guess though). These openings also line up with what we think is the loading platform to the left.

Now, if we enter the ride using the top platform and top level, and you look at the top of the openings to the right......there isn't much room for a train to set on top of the track and line up with what we think is the loading platform. I guess the train could sit very close to the top of the track (like a wing coaster) and it still work......or we enter the ride in the level below (but why have the floor opening on the top level if that was going to be the case {unless the track goes there?}?

So my guess now is we enter from the lower level or have a coaster that sits very close to the top of the track (wing coaster).....

Also looking at topographical maps, I'm guessing the dive out of the station could be around 150' (if they do some earth work) if they do massive earth work (tunnel) it would be greater. Then they could have a launch or second lift and big drop to get us back to the station.......didn't someone say this would have a 200' drop?

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 10, 2017, 08:20:33 PM »
Here is our photo update of Project 2018.  Some similar to what Shave posted, some angles he didn't get.

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/04/time-traveler-construction-sdc_9.html
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 10, 2017, 09:51:10 PM »
So talked with Lance Hart tonight and we are both in agreement that this will utilize the same set up as Lightning Run where the maintenance bay is right under the load station.  There is an elevator lift right before the station that lowers to let the train down a level. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xhdpimeI4

That however leaves the question on what those other holes are for. 
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 13, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
Watching that video, without saying any bad words, all I can say is wow. I never thought that was possible. Its like watching a different kind of model train.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 13, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »
Thats a great video, of course i would like to see more of the mechanics of the lift..   But the idea could easily work on our application..

jtudor

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:23 AM »
Has anyone given a try to outline the path of the footers to get a visual on the track layout?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #657 on: April 13, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »
I think we were all wondering at some point if there would be a lift inside the building, but it doesn't appear that way at this point. I agree that it will probably be outside the station... It's going to be a tight fit to get the entrance in there as well, seeing as the track will also be making a turn next to TNT and the entrance doors are two stories up from that side. Could be on the other side for all we know though.

^It would be VERY tough to come up with an accurate layout based on the footers at this point. You could certainly try, and come up with all sorts of possibilities, but I'd rather just wait for track. It's not like there's a line you could follow, they are just kind of packed in all over the place out there.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #658 on: April 13, 2017, 03:09:19 PM »
So talked with Lance Hart tonight and we are both in agreement that this will utilize the same set up as Lightning Run where the maintenance bay is right under the load station.  There is an elevator lift right before the station that lowers to let the train down a level. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xhdpimeI4

That however leaves the question on what those other holes are for.

After looking at the building up close today (sorry, no photos.  I was chaperoning a field trip) it looks more to me like there may be access under the track in the station, but the two holes on the side look pretty clearly to be bays for trains and a maintenance room.  They are on the same level and equivalent in size to the entry into the station, while the space under the loading platform would be a bit cramped.  They also are only open on one side- the side you can see from Thunderation's queue.  They're completely closed off on the other side.

it's early, and it's possible either of us are right, but as they are closing in the sides of the building, I don't think the storage bay is going to be underneath.  It's either that or those openings are going to be for the queue itself to enter.  But they also look like they are being walled off from the actual loading platform, so I'm not sure that works either.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 13, 2017, 10:44:05 PM »
FYI, Google Maps has been updated with the construction site!!!

Jay
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 11:12:50 AM by cowboy »