Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509612 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
I don't understand what they are doing with that building that it needs to be so big. What could they need that many stories for?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #601 on: March 12, 2017, 12:06:41 AM »
I wonder if the lowest level(s) will be utilized by Echo Hollow and then the upper levels are probably maintenance bay, queue line and load/unload station. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2017, 07:24:12 AM »
Whatever is in the works, I sincerely hope it's been designed to eclipse the 200 ft mark in terms of height and/or drop. That alone would be a real game changer and draw to the park. Really excited about the possibilities around the theming for this as well. In terms of what the article eluded to with this being SDC's biggest addition "by far", I wonder if Lisa was referring to the investment, the magnitude of the attraction itself, or both?

I am sure you will see the 200 ft drop..   

as far as Lisa referring to investment.... answer is yes to both.!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 12, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »
Maybe one of the  levels will be a new restaraunt overlooking new coaster and the TNT area? ::) 

Maybe with closed circuit TV, so you can watch the EH show while dining... ???

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »
I don't understand what they are doing with that building that it needs to be so big. What could they need that many stories for?
Maintenance area, Gift shop, Q, elevator (if they don't bridge out ) so its ada compliant, my money is on a direct walk onto the load level to avoid this.  I wonder if they will do a viewing area like Wildfire as well.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
I think besides the maintenance level and the loading/shop level, the queue line will snake above on a third level. Then you've got your open space at the top for theming/atmosphere/openness. At this rate though they could put a deck on top and charge for access as an observation tower, lol.

straightshooter

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 15, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 15, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Well, Brad Thomas just tweeted this image...  Wild Mountain?

https://twitter.com/BradThomasMO/status/842116377624338432

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/what-is-it

Thank you for posting this, straightshooter! Wild Mountain is one of the titles that Herschend filed a trademark for recently - February 14 of this year, in fact: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4804:dik119.2.3
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:40:18 PM by Joy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 15, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
Well I think that throws that name out as they're not just going to give up the name that easy this early in the game. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #609 on: March 15, 2017, 05:20:26 PM »
Sounds pretty generic at this point.  They haven't excited me yet.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 15, 2017, 05:32:12 PM »
Lisa Rau will be on KY3 tonight in an interview.  They did the interview on the back porch of the Culinary School so I imagine there will be a mention of the construction.  Was told it will be an August reveal. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:43:10 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #611 on: March 15, 2017, 06:44:59 PM »
Remember that "Mystery Mine" sounds pretty generic too... and it is, but the ride itself is amazing and is still the most ambitious thematic coaster to date from HFEC.

Very curious to see what the Wild Mountain trademark actually is. Will this be the name and theme of the ride after all? Is the other name a red herring or is this one? Do the two fit together? Gotta love the intrigue that they are able to put back into this.

Just a reminder: outright spoilers of attraction details that SDC has not released are BANNED on this site. Construction photos are welcome and encouraged, and trademark watching is open info, but if you were to actually come across blueprints/renderings/inside information - that needs to stay under wraps until the park makes it's announcement. You won't win any prizes for spilling the beans, you'll just be forever shunned in our community.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 15, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »
It seems to be in more of a valley than on any one "wild mountain". 

Here we go.....the official start to a very long marketing campaign....lol.  Hopefully a planned campaign could lead the GP and the fanatics like us through a backstory to help with whatever theme is going to happen.

But I'll go out on the limb and guess "Wild Mountain" has a 50% chance of actually being the name.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 15, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »
It seems to be in more of a valley than on any one "wild mountain". 

Here we go.....the official start to a very long marketing campaign....lol.  Hopefully a planned campaign could lead the GP and the fanatics like us through a backstory to help with whatever theme is going to happen.

But I'll go out on the limb and guess "Wild Mountain" has a 50% chance of actually being the name.

After thinking about it a little more....I'm predicting "Wild Mountain" will be the name.  Doesn't make sense to spend money to market an attraction name that will change. 

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #614 on: March 15, 2017, 07:32:52 PM »
^Maybe, but at this point "Wild Mountain" seems to only be part of a URL so far... so it's not exactly being marketed for anything other than hype purposes... so it could still be the red herring. The Time Traveler theme was already a full mocked-up concept with a logo and everything.

Perhaps they had one theme picked out, but they changed their mind during the process of actually working on the real theming. Maybe it was more expensive than they thought to do a convincing pull-off of the con-man time traveler theme. Or maybe they never actually planned anything to do with the Time Traveler theme at all and it was a red herring from the get go.

Now here's a thinker: maybe the whole concept pitch with the spinning coasters was a red herring... nah, I don't think they're quite up to that level of enthusiast trickery yet.  ;)