Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509802 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »
I think it sounds funny.   "Suspiciously handcrafted,""all sales final", "no refunds."  Another crazy inventor in SDC.  It's like the 1880s' Silicon Valley.  They could have a live performer getting fed to an atrociously bad steam-powered "automalocomotive" lion. 
Walt Disney World tried there hand at this "Sideshow Theme" and it has a coaster.  Its at the Animal Kingdom and it frankly is a scab that really needs to be picked away.  They did a spinning coaster as well,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBvp-7UZ1NA

This is the richest company in the theme park business, I hope that SDC takes a lesson from this card board cut out mistake.  They really need to do this right or don't do it.  I still think the audience is wrong and so limited for the investment.  I always thought when you broke 18 you were done with spinning.....lol

Hate to be the contrarian here but for what that is, it's done very well and themed well. It is out of place at that park. It would have been a nice addition side companion to a Cars Land at Studios as it fits that 50s, 60s Rt. 66 in the desert theme well. That said the two times I've been there it seems a hit with the kids. You are also comparing a wild mouse, traveling fair type spinner to something that's quite a bit different. And that is what Disney went for as it's supposed to be along the roadside.

It was weird passing a county fair coming down from the 4 corners in New Mexico on old US 666 last summer.

If you hate that you must hate the Toy Story Lands they have done in Paris and Hong Kong. Me, I wished they would have added those themed up flats to the new Toy Story Land under construction at Studios along with that launched coaster and cars land clone ride.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Pics of Ground work for new coaster..
« Reply #526 on: January 30, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »
Took some pics on sat, had camera problems,  then more pics on sunday before I left town.. so may be some pics that look like duplicates..
Lots of footings,
super structure work going on,
some dirt work, really dont see a patter there yet?
Pics of new bathrooms,
also can see how close new project really is to EH, and TNT.   just several yards away from both..
I will be back in 2 weeks and update the album..

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10210456200912822.1073741929.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=26

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of Ground work for new coaster..
« Reply #527 on: January 30, 2017, 12:27:19 PM »
also can see how close new project really is to EH, and TNT.   just several yards away from both..
Wow!  They have come a long way in a cpl of weeks.  I hope they at least pour some top soil on the clay and grow some grass.  All the red clay is very disheartening.  Not a lot grows in clay.
Great pics Sand.  Hey is CMI offering a discounted winter rate this year?  I am going up tomorrow

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #528 on: January 30, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »
Lorrie, can we post these photos on MiG?  I might be able to give a little more info on what we are actually looking at in the photos.  I'll give you credit for the photos with whatever name/pseudonym you'd like. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 30, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »
@MHGUY, yes winter rates are in force.  35.00 per night. + tax, probably until  mid march or so....

@Swoosh, yes go ahead and use pics you want to on MIG, credit me as Sanddunerider, since i use that name on different sites anyway. thanks

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 30, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »
@Swoosh, yes go ahead and use pics you want to on MIG, credit me as Sanddunerider, since i use that name on different sites anyway. thanks

Thanks
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #531 on: January 30, 2017, 10:25:24 PM »
Wow, is it really that visible from the road, or do you just have a really good zoom lens? Every time I see it EH seems to move closer to the road.

Thanks for the update!

So right now it looks like the construction wraps around TNT, but doesn't go into the "swoop" at all like the initial markings indicated?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2017, 10:43:41 PM »
I don't feel we have enough information yet to determine that. If I had to guess, i think it will avoid the swoop but will crossover around the helix area. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 31, 2017, 07:53:09 AM »
Wow, is it really that visible from the road, or do you just have a really good zoom lens? Every time I see it EH seems to move closer to the road
It really goes that close to the road.  SDC has let in the outside world

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »
Wow, is it really that visible from the road, or do you just have a really good zoom lens? Every time I see it EH seems to move closer to the road.

Thanks for the update!

So right now it looks like the construction wraps around TNT, but doesn't go into the "swoop" at all like the initial markings indicated?

No, it is highly visible from the road.  most of the pics were taken at the work entrance gate or about 20 feet inside gate..   with the leaves off the trees, it is wide open..

I do have an adjustable zoom on camera, i shot most of these between 5-10 power...  maybe a little more on the EH pics. so people could see just how close the project is.

The 1 big valley pic i took was actually from the road, south of work entrance, you can see right up the middle of the job

as far as TNT goes.. the work access road goes right next to track.  BUT yes the 2 coasters are going to be nudging each other, if indeed not "intertwining" some what..!!

Your welcome for pics, as i said earlier I will be back in 2 weeks for more pics, then again the first week or 2 in march..  then of course the parke will be open right after that for spring break days,,

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2017, 06:00:28 PM »
Wow, is it really that visible from the road, or do you just have a really good zoom lens? Every time I see it EH seems to move closer to the road
I was by yesterday and couldnt get any pics better than Sandune although they have put up a wooden fence along Indian point weekly trying to block the view.  It doesnt work at all. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 01, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
I was by yesterday and couldnt get any pics better than Sandune although they have put up a wooden fence along Indian point weekly trying to block the view.  It doesnt work at all.

Wooden fence was there last week..  LOL...  yes, doesnt really help at all!!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2017, 03:32:32 AM »
Unless I missed it in another post here is a concept video of the coaster the park is probably getting. The turntable with the optional trains would be a smart move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6Kmp0n7L8&feature=youtu.be

I am assuming the actual coaster will obviously be larger and more extensive and better themed than that. lol

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 04, 2017, 07:07:27 AM »
IF that us the right "concept" for the coaster, it wont have the train & spinners, the super structure they are building doesnt look anything like that design.. 

I do like the turntable idea for less down ttime, The structure they are working on "might" do that,.,

time...and more pics will tell the story..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »
Unless I missed it in another post here is a concept video of the coaster the park is probably getting. The turntable with the optional trains would be a smart move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6Kmp0n7L8&feature=youtu.be

I am assuming the actual coaster will obviously be larger and more extensive and better themed than that. lol

No turntable.  No optional trains. 
SWOOSH