Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509613 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #420 on: November 27, 2016, 10:07:48 AM »
Flooded Mine still does more riders per day than Outlaw Run
I didnt know that! I wonder how FITH compairs.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #421 on: November 27, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
I didnt know that! I wonder how FITH compares

Probably in the same area.
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2016, 08:23:52 AM »

That would be a change in the last year then.  Outlaw Run definitely had larger numbers 2013 - 2015, at least according to the ridership numbers that I saw while working there.  While watching my NDA from my time, I will say that they weren't in the same tiers.

Are you sure you're not thinking of FITH?
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »
I'm sure both FiTH and FM both have capacity for higher numbers than OR.  But do they run higher numbers?

Anyone know if SDC has a max capacity the park can handle?  Surely HFE has done some type of stress test studies on the park.  With the numbers we they are seeing (and going to see during Christmas) there is a stress point where it gets to where people don't come back because of the crowds.  Lord knows that I'm already at that point for basically all Saturdays.  What is the point of going if every attraction and purchase becomes an 30-90min wait in a crowd.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2016, 04:15:23 PM »

That would be a change in the last year then.  Outlaw Run definitely had larger numbers 2013 - 2015, at least according to the ridership numbers that I saw while working there.  While watching my NDA from my time, I will say that they weren't in the same tiers.

Are you sure you're not thinking of FITH?

Yes sweetie I am quite sure.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »
This may instead of a literal number of riders be a projection or expectation.  If that were the case then indeed
the FM could be out performing OR.  I know the FM is more of a walk on for me as I know its never long till you get on.  Much like a disney ride. I eats people up. You also all ride as a family.
 If that were the case I would be interested in what their expectations are for the other attractions.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2016, 09:58:47 PM »

Yes sweetie I am quite sure.

Sweetie?  Umm, not necessary.

Ride ops saw actual ridership reports on a regular basis if we wanted.  I saw 3 - 4 a year while working on the train when our lead came back with them from leadership meetings.  Flooded Mine never had more ridership than Outlaw Run.  It wasn't even close.  And that was on every report for 2 years from the leadership given out to their attractions leaders in the park.

So either something odd happened in the last year where a ride with declining ridership somehow passed a new ride that was well above it, or there is some mistake in the information you're receiving.  Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here Swoosh.

Have you seen this year's and more importantly the latest report?  If not then let's just agree that IN THE PAST this might not have been the case.  Let's just say some things have changed that have... um... helped bolster ridership on FM.  Sometimes you get addition by subtraction and I'll leave it at that.
SWOOSH

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »
How close to Marvel Cave is this construction?  I've always wondered the limitation of construction on the SDC property due to the cave.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:00 PM »
Can we put a lid on the "insider knowledge" stuff again? It puts us in a bad light when ridership reports are being discussed as if any of us non-employees have any knowledge of them. That goes for all other types of "inside" info as well.

We also need to put a lid on smug attitudes. This is already an awkward hobby, no one needs to make it any weirder by taking what you think you know about intimate park details too seriously.

Remember that we are OBSERVERS, who observe the developments of this park for fun. We don't want to get in the way of SDC/HFEC's business or necessarily reveal how obsessive we really are.  ;)

Rumors/speculation are always fair game, but there's a line somewhere between making educated guesses/observation and just getting the info from a construction worker or something.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #429 on: November 29, 2016, 11:42:03 PM »
jericho, the new coaster is currently being built on the other side of Thunderation from the cave. From what I can tell the biggest parts of the cave that you can walk through go back out under the entrance and towards the southwest into the woods. You can see both the entrance crater and the inclined railway on google maps which gives you a good idea of where the major route goes. That whole southwest side seems to be a non-development zone not just due to the cave but also due to bat habitats.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »
jericho, the new coaster is currently being built on the other side of Thunderation from the cave. From what I can tell the biggest parts of the cave that you can walk through go back out under the entrance and towards the southwest into the woods. You can see both the entrance crater and the inclined railway on google maps which gives you a good idea of where the major route goes. That whole southwest side seems to be a non-development zone not just due to the cave but also due to bat habitats.

Thanks.  I've been to SDC many times and always wondered what parts of the park were directly above the cave.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
Can we put a lid on the "insider knowledge" stuff again?

Done.  Removed my follow up.  Sorry about that.  Wasn't comfortable in what I posted and regret doing so.  Thanks for the reminder.  Unfortunately I can't remove the quote, so hopefully someone can fix that.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #432 on: December 02, 2016, 01:36:59 PM »
So the construction wall to block off the construction views from the park is now apparently in place. I guess that means they are ready to go to town on building the station and whatever other buildings will go along outside of it. I'm still guessing they'll wait till summer to start on track.

I can't wait to see it on opening weekend. Next year should be very active for our forums at least.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2016, 11:50:27 AM »
Just posted a new photo on the FB page. Its nuts to see in person how much clearing and excavation is going on. Not having leaves on the trees really exposes it all. The roadway is clear as day from the porch now - amazing how close it actually was all this time. The space id much tighter than I had been thinking.

I know there are plenty of ways to squeeze a coaster in, but I hope this one isnt terribly short.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »
Shave, do you think that will be corrected after construction?  Replace the trees so that the coaster isn't visible?