Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509831 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #345 on: September 15, 2016, 06:55:22 PM »
So basically not much has changed since early August except that they've cut down a LOT more trees. I guess they are going for the "wildfire treatment" with the new coasters now. Shame...

I was kind of still holding out hope that the 2018 rumor was wrong and that they'd be out there doing actual construction by now, but I guess that's not the case. I think it's weird how they drag it out like this though. It's been how many months since the original survey? And it's taken them all summer just to do the clearing.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »
There are just A LOT of projects in motion right now.

1. EH Access Road
2. EH Restroom Relocation
3. New 76/IPR Signs
4. 2018 Lot Tree Clearing
5. 2017 Parking Lot Expansion
6. 2017 Front Gate Area Reconfiguration/Rebuild
7. 2017 Center Town Upgrades - will be most noticeable during Christmas

Not to mention there is about a HUGE shake up in management in the next 2 months.  Lots of reshuffling of people (among other things).

It's a VERY BUSY time right now at the parks

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:03:40 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2016, 07:54:00 AM »
7. 2017 Center Town Upgrades - will be most noticeable during Christmas
DO you mean Mid Town where the bakery candle shop is or the square?  This is interesting.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »
Yes the area formerly known as Midtown
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 16, 2016, 11:20:50 AM »
Isn't there a sign somewhere around labeling it Midtown?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 16, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
Isn't there a sign somewhere around labeling it Midtown?

The Pathfinder map from this weekend says it is Midtown - it is on Hannah's Ice Cream shop.

You can definitely see TNT from Echo Hollow now.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »
Is this management shakeup a good or bad thing?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #352 on: September 16, 2016, 03:38:24 PM »

Not to mention there is about a HUGE shake up in management in the next 2 months.  Lots of reshuffling of people (among other things).

Any other information or details about this?  Who, what departments, positions, etc?
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 18, 2016, 07:15:45 AM »

Any other information or details about this?  Who, what departments, positions, etc?

Unfortunately I do not have specific names or positions and that was the first thing I asked when I heard it too.  Supposed to start in October.  Includes hourly supervisors all the way up to salaried. Honestly we may never know the full extent of it unless an employee lists every change for us
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #354 on: September 18, 2016, 10:35:15 AM »
Is this management shakeup a good or bad thing?

I second this concern.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 18, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
TNT overflow que is ridiculous.  Please remove it!!!!  Just do a straight shot down into the building.  It already has stairs to climb so it doesn't need the zig zag for the grading or for the que line wait.

Agreed, it is a bit rediculous. I think its so long because they dont want to run out of room, just in case it is a busy day with 1 train broken. I hate that the PK line sometimes stretches down to the big sign because there isnt enough room, even when it goes thru every long way. Lines shouldnt run out of room and go into something like a road or intersection. TNT does have a little extra room for a line that they should strip down. Make it a straight line to the tunnel or make it a line you can change, like every other coaster line. Dont make it too long, but dont make it too short. If it is long, thats good. Just make a shortcut way around it. I asked an employee if they will use it for the new ride, but they said no.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:25:39 PM by Laroy »

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
When thunderation opened the long que area was very much used. I remember the year it opened we had to wait all the way through the que area. Waiting on the stairs was the pits. It is definitely time for it to be re purposed.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2016, 03:10:31 PM »
I'm sure when TnT opened and for its first many years that line was needed especially since it was the only coaster in the park and that was before some of the other bigger ride areas were around(like GE and GG/FL).  I've only seen the line back up completely down the stairs one or twice on the busiest of days.  Of course....I only see it a few times a year.  With two trains running and a average ops crew that ride really seems to keep the line moving.....seems to have almost as much capacity as Wildfire.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »
Since there is not much to talk about for the new coaster at the moment I wanted to bring up this ride which I think has exactly what SDC needs to focus on for new projects in the future. The immersive theming and storytelling with the projections and animatronics would be fantastic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQNMWribCI 

This is the exterior of the ride in question which they could also build and theme around a mining or cave theme quite well. https://rcdb.com/12083.htm

Also imagine how incredible it would be if they could put some love into AP, FM, and FITH with this theming technology.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:41:43 AM by sdcfan88 »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
I'm sure when TnT opened and for its first many years that line was needed especially since it was the only coaster in the park and that was before some of the other bigger ride areas were around(like GE and GG/FL).  I've only seen the line back up completely down the stairs one or twice on the busiest of days.  Of course....I only see it a few times a year.  With two trains running and a average ops crew that ride really seems to keep the line moving.....seems to have almost as much capacity as Wildfire.

I've been there when the line was down the stairs, but that was a long, long time ago.