Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509789 times)

pintrader

Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2016, 05:56:34 PM »
2 of my kids where ready to go an hour after getting there today :/   They rather be back in the car with their ipads.  SDC has tough competition these days for their attention.

When I was a kid I was so excited to get there I couldn't stand it.  I felt it was the end of the world when I had to leave.   Come to think of it I still do!

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »
2 of my kids where ready to go an hour after getting there today :/   They rather be back in the car with their ipads.  SDC has tough competition these days for their attention.

When I was a kid I was so excited to get there I couldn't stand it.  I felt it was the end of the world when I had to leave.   Come to think of it I still do!

I was the same, I would sit for hours and study maps, counted down the days until we left for either Six Flags or Silver Dollar City. Kids are definitely different these days and I tried to talk them into going this last weekend, but they just wanted to stay home. Maybe it's because we have them going constantly (school, practice, church, etc.) that when they have a down day....they want to do nothing.

We went to Disney a few years ago, and the oldest kids wanted to leave right after their phones went dead.....I wasn't very happy.

Pokemon Go was a great game for parks, let the kids hunt for Pokemon while they were in line for rides, etc. Sea World had Pokestops all through the park and some were at locations within their attractions. If parks could figure out games such as Pokemon Go so the kids were interacting with their phones while in line for rides, or searching for clues throughout the park, etc. I think it would keep them interested.....Maybe something that even helps with the story line of the ride, or park, etc.

I'm really wanting to get up there sometime this year to see the construction, I just might have to go by myself.....

Jay

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
Yeah when I went up there for the last week of MM there was still quite a few kids and teenagers there but a fair portion of adults who were more interested in the rides and shows. A majority of the kids/teens were there actually playing Pokemon GO. Most of the rides are setup as Pokestops for the queues which does make sense. But a lot were not even in line for the rides but standing around or sitting nearby it and playing on their phones waiting on their parents to ride the rides which was astonishing.

Only reason I play is because my girlfriend is really into it and it gives us another activity to do together. But I did open it for a bit just to see how its laid out up there. I haven't touched it since. lol
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:05:04 PM by sdcfan88 »

mammalone

« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »
I'm surprised mammalone is being so quiet.  Is she no longer dating the guy that's in charge of most of the construction projects out at the park?  Now that the Runaway is built and open he should have moved out to the park.

We broke up, unfortunately. It's been a really tough month. I just couldn't bring myself to make one more sammich.

Anyway, I'm just waiting on some "sort" of announcement that I thought was coming in Aug. or Sept. I hope they still give us some sort of a teaser.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2016, 12:34:44 PM »
I'm surprised mammalone is being so quiet.  Is she no longer dating the guy that's in charge of most of the construction projects out at the park?  Now that the Runaway is built and open he should have moved out to the park.

We broke up, unfortunately. It's been a really tough month. I just couldn't bring myself to make one more sammich.

Anyway, I'm just waiting on some "sort" of announcement that I thought was coming in Aug. or Sept. I hope they still give us some sort of a teaser.

Woman. Don't you know your place is in the kitchen!!!
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2016, 06:16:36 PM »
I smell a Pokemon Go theme park coming for all the Pokemon and Anime lovers out there.

Woman. Don't you know your place is in the kitchen!!!

Agreed!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:19:12 PM by Laroy »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2016, 08:35:30 PM »
This is what I am talkin about.......
Perfect for the theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlHNENd07w
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:37:20 PM by mhguy77 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »
Well.....back on topic....

Anyone know when the 2017 marketing campaign will begin?  When was last years?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 09, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »
Came out with AP renewals
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2016, 02:03:08 PM »
Thank you for the pictures swoosh.......I still can't believe I haven't made it up there yet this year to see what all is going on at the City.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2016, 02:21:28 PM »
Even more trees are gone now.  I guess everything behind EH restrooms and all of the trees between the restrooms and concession stand are gone now.  You can almost clearly see TNT from EH now.  This area is HUGE. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2016, 03:05:56 PM »
Yeah I drew up what's been cleared when I went up for the last week of MM that seems to mostly match your description. Or has even more land been cleared than indicated here?
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162&start=4170

I wouldn't be upset if they got rid of TNT's overflow queue on the hillside there too.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:14:15 PM by sdcfan88 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »
TNT overflow que is ridiculous.  Please remove it!!!!  Just do a straight shot down into the building.  It already has stairs to climb so it doesn't need the zig zag for the grading or for the que line wait.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2016, 04:22:22 PM »
Yeah I drew up what's been cleared when I went up for the last week of MM that seems to mostly match your description. Or has even more land been cleared than indicated here?
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162&start=4170

I wouldn't be upset if they got rid of TNT's overflow queue on the hillside there too.

Even more - as of yesterday (hence the point of my post)

Even more trees are gone now.  I guess everything behind EH restrooms and all of the trees between the restrooms and concession stand are gone now.  You can almost clearly see TNT from EH now.  This area is HUGE. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:03:17 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH