Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509598 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »
If SDC made an announcement about 2018 rides right now they would be shooting themselves in the foot for 2017 season passes.  I expect they will be mute about the changes until Spring of next year and then start teasing the heck out of it to try to draw people to come see the construction.  A two year build is tough on a park to market.

It would be a lot easier if they had something coming or being built for 2017 but it seems like nothing is planned from the current rumors.  I wonder if they would advertise FMs last year if that rumor is true?  Might make sense if that is the only thing that will be 'special' next year.  They could make a big deal out of it and get some hype going for 2018.

I may be going over the weekend.....I figure this trip and a Christmas trip this year and them I'm probably done till 2018 (unless it only spins).

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »
So if they stated on opening day a big announcement was coming later this year, and its not about a new ride/attraction, what will it be about?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2016, 11:00:31 PM »
"The Biggest Show Year Ever!"  ;)
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
^ That would take some doing if it were really true   ;)

I'm Your Huckleberry

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »
Was at the park yesterday (9/3/16) and spoke to several long time employees. Was told that the new "attraction" wont be open until spring 2019.....yes 2019 folks. He stressed that its an "ATTRACTION" for family fun. I asked if it was a new coaster and he said that all they were told was that it was an "attraction". He said to keep the theme "celebrating family" in mind. So i was intrigue and asked a few more employees and they said the same thing that the new "attraction" wont be open until 2019. Guess Swoosh needs to change the headline for this thread again.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2016, 03:08:20 PM »
A PTB let it slip accidentally that it IS a coaster and it will come in 2018
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »
I hope somebody else lets "something slip" or they start to advertise and promote something.  The crickets are deafening.  I haven't seen this forum
this quiet in a long time.  Nothing to speculate about and nothing to talk about, that's not good for SDC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2016, 10:31:41 AM »
I'm surprised mammalone is being so quiet.  Is she no longer dating the guy that's in charge of most of the construction projects out at the park?  Now that the Runaway is built and open he should have moved out to the park.
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
At park now.....looks like a construction trailer 2x wide is parked in the clearing by tnts lift hill

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
Yeah it's been there since earlier this Spring
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
Nothing to speculate about and nothing to talk about, that's not good for SDC.

Are you insinuating that SDC is at all impacted by the inane musings of this board? LOL.

They'll do what they always do. Talk up the festivals and shows for next year while they work on whatever infrastructure projects they've been needing to do for years, then they'll go on an all out marketing blitz for 2018. I think they've got this down, they've been doing it for 56 seasons.

I've been told the clearing is growing, but there's not that much to see yet. I'm just waiting to see if the entrance will be worked on or not.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2016, 02:43:47 PM »
SDC is impacted by every opinion as anyone that is in the entertainment leisure industry is.  This is discretionary spending and times are tough.  If the fans at this website are not talking (we talk about anything) then what does that tell you?  Tells me they need to give us something to talk about, it doesn't take much.  This is not self centered this is a synergy issue and they need some.  $20 kids before Labor Day is not done as a favor.  They need more visitors. They need attention.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:31:29 PM by mhguy77 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »
More visitors?  There's a reason the park is having to expand parking again.  The park is far from hurting right now.  Tourism is actually up in Branson this year.  I'm not sure who exactly is hurting because tourism across the board is up this year thanks to low gas prices.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
More visitors?  There's a reason the park is having to expand parking again.  The park is far from hurting right now.  Tourism is actually up in Branson this year.  I'm not sure who exactly is hurting because tourism across the board is up this year thanks to low gas prices.

Apparently Orlando as their foriegn tourist numbers are down.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »
Yeah it's been there since earlier this Spring

I don't remember seeing it on the board....but I don't memorize every post.

2 of my kids where ready to go an hour after getting there today :/   They rather be back in the car with their ipads.  SDC has tough competition these days for their attention.

I rode tnt with my oldest 3xs....fun times.  One day I'll get her on a bigger ride.