Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509604 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2016, 08:27:21 AM »
Is SS/Arrow still around?  Making coasters?

I thought they just did the SS flat rides?  Thought X at SFMM kill the coaster business for them.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2016, 08:56:16 AM »
Is SS/Arrow still around?  Making coasters?

I thought they just did the SS flat rides?  Thought X at SFMM kill the coaster business for them.

Yes. In fact, besides all the new clones for SIX, they just landed a combo shot tower ride at Hersey's.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »
^^You're thinking of Arrow Dynamics. They were bought out by S&S after they got in over their heads with X, and S&S was subsequently taken over by some Japanese entity.

I'd be over the moon to be the first park to get an RMC hyper coaster, but I doubt that will happen. I don't know if we'll ever know how much blame they deserve for the Lightning Run trouble, but HFEC probably isn't running back to them regardless. Besides, with how outlandish they are trying to be with some of these coaster installations, a T-REX coaster might not be gimmicky enough for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for some sort of flyer for their next coaster. I mean, who saw the extreme spinner coming? I hope they ease up on trying to push the bar and stick to some tried and true, quality designs for awhile though.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »
I'd rather them stop trying to push the envelope and start pushing the story.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2016, 12:04:03 AM »
^^You're thinking of Arrow Dynamics. They were bought out by S&S after they got in over their heads with X, and S&S was subsequently taken over by some Japanese entity.

I'd be over the moon to be the first park to get an RMC hyper coaster, but I doubt that will happen. I don't know if we'll ever know how much blame they deserve for the Lightning Run trouble, but HFEC probably isn't running back to them regardless. Besides, with how outlandish they are trying to be with some of these coaster installations, a T-REX coaster might not be gimmicky enough for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for some sort of flyer for their next coaster. I mean, who saw the extreme spinner coming? I hope they ease up on trying to push the bar and stick to some tried and true, quality designs for awhile though.

It's S&S-Sansei now
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2016, 09:16:26 AM »
I'd rather them stop trying to push the envelope and start pushing the story.

Amen!
I'm Your Huckleberry

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
I don't know if we'll ever know how much blame they deserve for the Lightning Run trouble, but HFEC probably isn't running back to them regardless.

Don't forget that Outlaw Run had quite a bit of problems that first year and they had several months of testing available to them prior to opening the ride. I know it wasn't as bad as the Lightning Run trouble....but things were not perfect.

Rumor had it that the first T-Rex would be installed in 2017....maybe with the trouble that RMC is having it pushed it back to 2018? Anyhow, I'm ready for whatever it is.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2016, 12:41:33 PM »
Get ready for a world's first.   The park is expecting a huge rise in attendance in 2018.  So much so, sounds like they're expanding the parking again.  Good bye to the rest of that mountain
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »
Well, if it's still what they are hinting at in the surveys, I'm still scratching my head. I think it will be fun, but I still don't see it being as big a draw as if they went with something a little more standard. I really think the spinning becomes a turn-off for many people the bigger the ride gets. Then again, we don't exactly have many giant spinning coasters to compare to...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »
There's none.  We also don't have all the details do those who are already turning their noses up and grumbling aren't being fair to the addition.   Got some definitive info today that it is indeed one coaster and it will be added in 2018.
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2016, 11:54:57 AM »
Get ready for a world's first.   The park is expecting a huge rise in attendance in 2018.  So much so, sounds like they're expanding the parking again.  Good bye to the rest of that mountain

In fairness, the parking has needed to be expanded for a while now.  If you've ever made the mistake of visiting on a December Saturday, or some of the other very busy holidays and weekends, you'll know what I mean.  When they are parking people in fields and bank parking lots in Branson West and busing them back to the park, you know you have a problem.  One that's been needed to be addressed for years now.

something that will help bump up attendance will just help pay for what they already needed to do.  :)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

givemezamor

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:46 PM »
In fairness, the parking has needed to be expanded for a while now.  If you've ever made the mistake of visiting on a December Saturday, or some of the other very busy holidays and weekends, you'll know what I mean.  When they are parking people in fields and bank parking lots in Branson West and busing them back to the park, you know you have a problem.  One that's been needed to be addressed for years now.

something that will help bump up attendance will just help pay for what they already needed to do.  :)

This may not be the place to ask this, but how busy is the park on your typical Labor Day weekend? Taking my grandmother for the first time on Sunday.
"A day at Silver Dollar City is what life should be like. No worries, just good times.."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »
Considering the parking is on/near a mountain, I really think they should consider a parking garage.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 31, 2016, 02:18:49 PM »
Cheaper to just level the mountain (which is what they're doing)
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2016, 04:00:12 PM »

As I noted earlier...Wouldn't be at all surprised for the debut of the world's first T-REX to grace SDC.