Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509743 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #270 on: August 20, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »
Anyone can ride GEC.  You might look creepy as an adult riding without a kid, but that's a choice you'll have to make.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
Anyone can ride GEC.  You might look creepy as an adult riding without a kid, but that's a choice you'll have to make.

Also, anyone can put a bucket on his/her head and have someone beat on it with a crowbar.  That's another option, but really it has about the same effect.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2016, 11:58:23 AM »

Also, anyone can put a bucket on his/her head and have someone beat on it with a crowbar.  That's another option, but really it has about the same effect.

I take it you speak from experience.  I know the Joplin School District is rough but I didn't realize they abused the teachers to that extent.   ;D
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #273 on: August 20, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

Just because an adult can ride a kiddie coaster doesn't make it a family coaster. In my opinion, a family coaster is a ride that everyone, no matter their age, can ride the coaster and have fun. Really anyone over ten probably won't have fun on the GEC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 20, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »

Just because an adult can ride a kiddie coaster doesn't make it a family coaster. In my opinion, a family coaster is a ride that everyone, no matter their age, can ride the coaster and have fun. Really anyone over ten probably won't have fun on the GEC.

You should try riding it with me and my friends then. We took it over and had a great time.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 20, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »

I take it you speak from experience.  I know the Joplin School District is rough but I didn't realize they abused the teachers to that extent.   ;D

I'll say this:  if it weren't for the kids teaching would be easy.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 20, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »

lol. For me it's the helicopter parents.  I can handle the kids no problem. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2016, 06:36:43 PM »

lol. For me it's the helicopter parents.  I can handle the kids no problem.

Actually, they frown on handling the kids in these parts.  No wonder you have trouble with their parents!  8)

Actually the kids don't bother me, and neither do the parents; after 27 years, the worst part is the government.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2016, 10:54:39 PM »
The kiddie coaster in Grand Expo is a kiddie coaster. Sure some adults can fit in those cars  and ride with lil' boogereater but that does not make it a family coaster just like no wacky worm coaster  is a family coaster.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2016, 11:51:53 PM »
Actually the kids don't bother me, and neither do the parents; after 27 years, the worst part is the government.

Another reason I am enjoying my move to a private.

The kiddie coaster in Grand Expo is a kiddie coaster.

Does it really matter?   Are we all seriously arguing something from a laroy post?
SWOOSH

Baldwin

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »
Get ready for an August announcement for the 2018 expansion! Unfortunately...it'll be August 2017 before they officially announce the new "attraction".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:41:47 PM by Baldwin »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2016, 03:13:33 PM »
The most recent survey being shopped won't be for anything arriving at SDC in 2017 or 2018. That ship sailed long ago.

RMC knocked it out of the park with OR and I'm sure HFEC and SDC feel like they couldn't have gotten more value for the money. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them put their faith in RMC's innovation prowess once again with either the first or one of the first T-Rex installations.

Forget the spinning business. A T-Rex would be another game changer sure to put SDC on the map once again.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:20:07 PM by BackInTime9 »

mhguy77@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2016, 07:32:56 AM »
Forget the spinning business. A T-Rex would be another game changer sure to put SDC on the map once again.

This would be exciting and something to look forward too.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »
The most recent survey being shopped won't be for anything arriving at SDC in 2017 or 2018. That ship sailed long ago.

RMC knocked it out of the park with OR and I'm sure HFEC and SDC feel like they couldn't have gotten more value for the money. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them put their faith in RMC's innovation prowess once again with either the first or one of the first T-Rex installations.

And then you have the issues that Lightning Run is having

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »

I guess it all depends on how busy RMC is this off season.  I know they have at least 4 S&S Free-Fly coasters going through the shop right now (they manufacture the track for this particular coaster for S&S) and who knows if there will be more (we should know after next Thursday's SF mass park expansion announcement).
SWOOSH