Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509547 times)

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2016, 02:00:32 PM »
I know this is off topic but wasn't sure where to ask the question. I'm going to Dolly Wood for a week and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice before I go. Ill be getting the "Timesavers" pass. Not sure how that works. Thanks in advance!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »
^Well, we have a whole sub-forum for Dollywood discussion in the 'Other Parks' section, so maybe move that question there.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »
Back on topic, recently saw TPR reshare another spinning coaster video on FB. This is Dinoconda in China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAAKz6xTyFY

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2016, 12:29:55 AM »
I've always wanted to ride one of those! I'd be SO down with SDC getting something like that.

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2016, 12:30:04 AM »
^Well, we have a whole sub-forum for Dollywood discussion in the 'Other Parks' section, so maybe move that question there.

gee thanks.....didnt know that i had to go search a forum from 2012 for answers.....sorry i asked

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:11 AM »

gee thanks.....didnt know that i had to go search a forum from 2012 for answers.....sorry i asked

I'll be honest.  I've visited DW 3 times this year and have never needed the Timesaver. 
If you really need answers I suggest visiting Themeparkreview.com and ask in their specific Dollywood thread as you'll probably get more of the answers you want.  This site is more SDC specific.  I think you can probably count on one hand how many of the posters here have been to DW this season.
SWOOSH

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2016, 05:51:06 AM »

I'll be honest.  I've visited DW 3 times this year and have never needed the Timesaver. 
If you really need answers I suggest visiting Themeparkreview.com and ask in their specific Dollywood thread as you'll probably get more of the answers you want.  This site is more SDC specific.  I think you can probably count on one hand how many of the posters here have been to DW this season.

Thanks Swoosh.....Im staying at the Dollywood dream more resort so the timesaver is included with the package but thanks for the tip.

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2016, 06:54:52 PM »
I wish SDC would hurry up and make some sort of announcement about the project coming up.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »
I wish SDC would hurry up and make some sort of announcement about the project coming up.

Oh, but then we wouldn't be able to speculate ;)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2016, 10:53:53 AM »
The crickets are deafening.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
There's not much to say until construction actually gets rolling, which apparently should be soon. I keep meaning to get down there again and get another update, but I have some other priorities and it sounds like not much has moved yet.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »
Drove by yesterday afternoon when it was slow and was able to stop at the new service area.
Swoosh wasn't kidding about the trees, they have cleared a bunch.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2016, 10:17:32 PM »
Thats kinda worrisome, while I know the Grand Expo broke the theme and the whole "not seeing the park from the outside" charm, this sounds like the changes are much more radical. I wonder if the "two trees planted for every one removed" rule is still being enforced.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:44:34 AM by sdcfan88 »

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2016, 10:24:55 PM »
Thunderstorm broke that rule long before the expo was in place. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2016, 03:08:35 AM »
^Meh, you could catch a glimpse of the road if you looked at just the right time and a car was driving past, but it really wasn't until they started putting the truly big rides in that the "rule" got away from them. Buzzsaw Falls was necessarily tall, though there wasn't as much built up around the area at the time.

But the "rule" had more to do with when you are walking around the park than being on rides anyway. It goes back to the overall effort to do more than the basics to craft a very special theme and atmosphere that you can't get anywhere else. I don't think there are any real issues with this though. Being able to catch a glimpse outside the park isn't the worst thing in the world. If there was a motel 6 smack up against the park then it might be an issue.

And in any case, you can through all the old "rules" from Miss Mary out the window anyway. That ship has sailed - they aren't trying to be that park anymore. At this point I just look for the ways they still go above and beyond and try to be happy about it.