Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509849 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2016, 10:21:41 AM »
I hadn't paid that much attention, but yeah, you're totally right. LOL

Can't wait to hear from someone about what's going on!

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2016, 04:27:12 PM »
Can you not say what has happened at the park swoosh?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
Can you not say what has happened at the park swoosh?

Swoosh usually doesn't just come right out and say something, he either hints at it until someone else says it or just posts pictures.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2016, 09:02:49 PM »
I see the news about RMC having issues with the new LR at Dollywood and the Wildfire ride at the Europe park.  Recall on trains safety parts....sounds like SDC almost had to close OR.  But I'm guessing that wasn't the 'big' news.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:21:05 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2016, 12:03:13 AM »
I guess I will take a few more rides on TNT to scout the construction area and poke my head around the back lot fences later on next week for clues. lol

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2016, 10:40:37 PM »
Anyone at the city this weekend for updates?

Considering something major happened this week and it's still not out on the internet yet.. I'd say no.

Was there Friday morning and most of the rides were shut down -- thought it was due to the thunderstorms and rain but even after the storm moved through and the rain ceased, most still weren't running. There was some flooding by one of the rides back in the GE. There were lots of unhappy people about the ride situation from all of the comments I heard around the park and on the trams. Options for things to do were somewhat limited since the Opera House is dark for this festival and the Cajun Connection had the day off Friday.

So what happened?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »

Considering something major happened this week and it's still not out on the internet yet.. I'd say no.

Was there Friday morning and most of the rides were shut down -- thought it was due to the thunderstorms and rain but even after the storm moved through and the rain ceased, most still weren't running. There was some flooding by one of the rides back in the GE. There were lots of unhappy people about the ride situation from all of the comments I heard around the park and on the trams. Options for things to do were somewhat limited since the Opera House is dark for this festival and the Cajun Connection had the day off Friday.

So what happened?

So the Glovetrotters in RGHH, Peter Gossamer in RFPH, Saloon, Sons of Silver Dollar at BW, and more wasn't enough when it was raining?

The park operates on a 5 mile (might be more) radius where there cannot be any lightning strikes for a certain period of time.  Just because the storm may have "passed" if there is a strike in the halo area then the rides remain closed.  Most parks do this. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2016, 11:55:50 PM »

So what happened?

So the Glovetrotters in RGHH, Peter Gossamer in RFPH, Saloon, Sons of Silver Dollar at BW, and more wasn't enough when it was raining?

The park operates on a 5 mile (might be more) radius where there cannot be any lightning strikes for a certain period of time.  Just because the storm may have "passed" if there is a strike in the halo area then the rides remain closed.  Most parks do this.

I think it's actually 10 miles.  We've been there several times when this is done, and it's way overcautious.  I appreciate the care, but they could easily reopen the rides once the storm gets through, as they know it's not going to circle back.  Evaluate the lightning potential and get back to business.

(Note: I edited this so that your reply wasn't lost inside the quotes - Joy)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:16:07 AM by Joy »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2016, 08:24:07 AM »

So what happened?

Swoosh, the Globetrotters and Peter Gossamer had just 1 show during the morning when it was raining, and those shows fill rain or shine. The band played on at the gazebo but folks didn't want to stand in the rain to listen. The Sons weren't at the BW Friday morning -- just the Championship Cloggers who dance to recorded music -- at BW the venue was packed with folks seeking cover from the rain and waiting for the Cloggers. Was definitely a day when it would have been nice to have additional indoor rides.

But at GE about an hour after the storm passed through, the swings, the cups, and 1 other ride were operating while all of the others were shut down.

We found enough to do. I was just reporting on comments I heard from other people around the park -- some who were visiting for the first time.

Back to the 2018 comments.

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2016, 05:17:39 AM »
Love to see SDC build a taller swing ride. Like the one at Six Flags Arlington. It be an amazing ride with an amazing view.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »
Are we ever going to know what that major happening was?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
Love to see SDC build a taller swing ride. Like the one at Six Flags Arlington. It be an amazing ride with an amazing view.

It'll never happen
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »
Are we ever going to know what that major happening was?

A huge tall fence went up between the ice cream cones stand across from RGHH to the swings.  I'm surprised there's been no mention of it. 

I'm wondering if this will be the new entrance to EH so that the old entrance can go bye bye for the new coaster station and plaza. 
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
Interesting... Thanks for letting us know! I think your supposition about it seems pretty logical.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
That is another area that gets tight.....that curved hill around the hill by the swings :-\

That would really make the exit a long way from the entrance after the EH shows....Guess that would make sense if the station take over that real estate at the current EH entrance.

or....could the station go there?  It could be themed as a new GE fair ride? or maybe some type of overview area for the new ride?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:50:40 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"