Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509691 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 08:11:17 PM »
So something happened in the SDC Facebook group I'm involved with. They just made a post basically stating that any future attraction/speculation/ideas are to no longer be discussed no matter how vague it may be and violations could result in a banning. This is coming from someone claiming to be a park employee. So either they are about to make an announcement or there was a leak somewhere along the lines. Some members have apparently already received some cease and desist notices. Very odd to see such a crackdown on user content being posted regarding this subject.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:28:07 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:25 PM »
That group is mainly for city employees, and they know they can get into big trouble for having loose lips on the internet.

The park has been coming down harder and harder on it over the years. Plenty of people have gotten into trouble for posting on this board and for posts made by others that could be traced back to them. That's one reason we don't get too many current employees through here anymore. I used to be much stricter about the "speculation" threads to help keep down the drama, but at this point it's just like any other park has to deal with.

It's still against the rules to outright spill the beans, but "speculation" is fair game.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »
Can I ask what group that is?
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »
I think it's called "You Know You're From Silver Dollar City If..."

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SWOOSH

zsc100

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:42 PM »
What FB group are you talking about here?  Is it an open group, I'd love to see this post?

So something happened in the SDC Facebook group I'm involved with. They just made a post basically stating that any future attraction/speculation/ideas are to no longer be discussed no matter how vague it may be and violations could result in a banning. This is coming from someone claiming to be a park employee. So either they are about to make an announcement or there was a leak somewhere along the lines. Some members have apparently already received some cease and desist notices. Very odd to see such a crackdown on user content being posted regarding this subject.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 06:01:18 PM »
What FB group are you talking about here?  Is it an open group, I'd love to see this post?

;)

I think it's called "You Know You're From Silver Dollar City If..."
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 07:44:24 PM »
A lot of the posts have already been cleaned up or removed including the one that confirmed the coaster debuting in 2018. It also looks like my construction marker images were also taken down from what I can tell.

There was this statement that was also added.
After many hours of contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that future park improvements are not to be talked about on this page until they have been revealed to the public by Silver Dollar City. Thank you for your cooperation.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:55:55 PM by sdcfan88 »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 09:50:02 PM »
A lot of the posts have already been cleaned up or removed including the one that confirmed the coaster debuting in 2018. It also looks like my construction marker images were also taken down from what I can tell.

There was this statement that was also added.
After many hours of contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that future park improvements are not to be talked about on this page until they have been revealed to the public by Silver Dollar City. Thank you for your cooperation.

Interesting that no one has said anything to us..... People will figure things out if they want to know anyway.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2016, 05:55:53 PM »
Anyone at the city this weekend for updates?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2016, 01:33:55 AM »

Considering something major happened this week and it's still not out on the internet yet.. I'd say no.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2016, 04:59:41 AM »

Considering something major happened this week and it's still not out on the internet yet.. I'd say no.

Well, if you know what it is, you might have to be the one to tell us, 'cause I've done a search through Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, as well as checking TPR's SDC thread, and I'm seeing no mentions of what happened.

So... what's up?

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2016, 08:36:54 AM »
I'll be there investigating next weekend.  Swoosh you have me wanting to be there now lol
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:52:29 AM by Madtwins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

Well, if you know what it is, you might have to be the one to tell us, 'cause I've done a search through Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, as well as checking TPR's SDC thread, and I'm seeing no mentions of what happened.

So... what's up?

Considering the only time the SDC thread gets updated on TPR with legit info is when someone from here posts it, that's not a surprise. 

Seems like the only real info comes from this group regardless of the media platform. 
SWOOSH