Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509582 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 11:04:33 PM »
I know this sounds weird, but with my motion sickness I would not be able to ride a spinning coaster. Right now I can do all the rides at Silver Dollar City except for the tea cups, swings, electro spin, (a lot of the kiddie rides in Grand Expo) etc. anything that spins like they do. If this new attraction is a spinning coaster I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. I go from being excited about the new attraction to not. Hopefully it will be something I can ride.

The more I think about it, the more I think a "traditional" spinning coaster with extreme elements would be hard to market to SDC's demographics. I could see a smaller park trying to do something like that, but whatever this is will still have to be somewhat broadly appealing. Could still spin like a 4D coaster though. I don't have any guesses left at the moment, but I will be watching this year's IAAPA VERY closely.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 11:08:08 PM »
It could be a tilt-a-whirl on a coaster track for all we know.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
I know this sounds weird, but with my motion sickness I would not be able to ride a spinning coaster. Right now I can do all the rides at Silver Dollar City except for the tea cups, swings, electro spin, (a lot of the kiddie rides in Grand Expo) etc. anything that spins like they do. If this new attraction is a spinning coaster I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. I go from being excited about the new attraction to not. Hopefully it will be something I can ride.

I'm right there with you on things that spin but like Swoosh said hopefully this one won't be that extreme and we can ride it.  I had to give up Wildfire as well because of the continuous loops and cobra rolls.  it's fun getting old  :o
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »

I'm right there with you on things that spin but like Swoosh said hopefully this one won't be that extreme and we can ride it.  I had to give up Wildfire as well because of the continuous loops and cobra rolls.  it's fun getting old  :o

I don't remember saying it won't be extreme.  It'll actually be the exact opposite.  This thing is rumored to be a record breaker. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I think a "traditional" spinning coaster with extreme elements would be hard to market to SDC's demographics. I could see a smaller park trying to do something like that, but whatever this is will still have to be somewhat broadly appealing. Could still spin like a 4D coaster though. I don't have any guesses left at the moment, but I will be watching this year's IAAPA VERY closely.

This is why I am hoping it will have optional seating like how ThuNderaTion was for all those years. This way it would be extreme but more broadly appealing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:43:44 PM by sdcfan88 »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
I hope we get a GCI soon. I want them to make a coaster for SDC as awesome as Wildcat was. Ever since my first ride on it, I fell in love with GCI coasters.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »
I hope we get a GCI soon. I want them to make a coaster for SDC as awesome as Wildcat was. Ever since my first ride on it, I fell in love with GCI coasters.

Pretty positive that ship has sailed
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 12:44:19 AM »
https://youtu.be/tEOMTzhxu0o

A traveling "drifting" coaster.  It's only to give you the swinging side to side action like what you find on  SDMTat WDW.

BTW, if you have larger legs you would hate the SDMT trians' narrow  leg opening for the lap bars. It's super tight because they want really little.kids to be able to ride.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 08:11:08 AM »
It's a Mack.

looks more like a Peterbilt...

lol!!!!!

To the powers that be if you're reading.....please no spinner.....or at least have an option to not spin!!!!! 

Mack Rides look amazing:) 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

GeyserGulch33

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 12:34:47 PM »

I don't remember saying it won't be extreme.  It'll actually be the exact opposite.  This thing is rumored to be a record breaker.

I'm beginning to think you're hinting very strongly at a Mack 4D Hyper. Am I anywhere close to the right track?

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
I sure hope it's nothing like the rides that has been shown on here.  Boring.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »
How many inversions do you think it'll have?  I'm guessing at least 7
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 04:43:40 PM »

That's quite unfortunate being a huge fan of GCI myself. I had always hoped SDC would get their version of Thunderhead. Are HFEC and GCI not on good terms after Wildcat got left to rot?

If this is supposed to be an attention getter that steps on the toes of other parks in North America I'm betting 10 or 12.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:02:19 PM by sdcfan88 »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 05:12:22 PM »

That's quite unfortunate being a huge fan of GCI myself. I had always hoped SDC would get their version of Thunderhead. Are HFEC and GCI not on good terms after Wildcat got left to rot?

If this is supposed to be an attention getter that steps on the toes of other parks in North America I'm betting 10 or 12.

I don't see why GCI would care that Wildcat was left to rot. HFEC paid for it, and GCI has other coasters. I also want a GCI, but I agree with the parks decision to not build two wooden roller coasters in a row.

So this will go upside down? Making 3 out of 6 major coasters at SDC having inversions? Most parks don't have inversions on 50% of their coasters.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
7 inversions is what I heard over memorial day