Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 509621 times)

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »
Well while I LOVE Mack I am concerned this will be a launched spinning coaster. That's a worlds first people! I guess i'll reserve judgement till I actually ride it but I would much rather not get something the spins. Hard to say though we can't really know until they announce. I think they are mistaken about what kind of draw something like that will be. Well see though.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:28 AM »
I found 4 coaster manufacturers from Germany. Mack Rides has already been mentioned many times. Gerstlauer, Maurer AG, and Zierer are the others. If it is true that this will be a coaster made by a German company, it should be from 1 of these companies unless there is another out there that most dont know about.

Whoever said they think this might be a spinning coaster: you are right. It very well could be. All of these companies have made many spinning coasters. Thats the 1 big thing I see that they all have in common. It looks like they have made more spinning coasters than any other. 2 or 3 have made Bobsleds. I hope it will be Gerstlauer because I hope we can get a Euro fighter like Mystery Mine.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:52:10 AM by Laroy »

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Trust me you want Mack!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:20 AM »
It's a Mack. 

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:25:04 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
I am still kinda meh about the whole spinning coaster fad. I feel its a gimmick and nothing more. I just hope this don't wind up being a repeat of Buzzsaw as it too was marketed as a first of its kind coaster. Hopefully if they are set on a spinner they will do like how TNT was with optional seating with its two backwards cars and only have some of the cars that spin like what the concept video showed.

I could go for this though. http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/mega-coaster/c-mc-picture-gallery/index.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:30:15 AM by sdcfan88 »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »
If it is some type of Spinner it depends on which Axis it spins on. A x axis spin Like the tea cup style coasters would not interest me at all. But, A Y Axis would be a different story.( Hope I did not get that mixed up)  But, sounds like a entirely new beast so who knows.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »
Y axis = teacup spinner
X axis = 4D
SWOOSH

Backwards TNT

• If you don't watch your head...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 01:59:35 PM »
Joel Manby must have also loved Mack Rides...  Cobra's Curse is a Mack spinner that just opened at Busch Gardens Tampa for 2016.

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 03:55:04 PM »
Joel Manby must have also loved Mack Rides...  Cobra's Curse is a Mack spinner that just opened at Busch Gardens Tampa for 2016.

That pic of Cobra's Curse has a structure in the middle a lot like the old "Waterboggin".

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 04:25:17 PM »
OMG. You just might be on to something there, Hatfield McCoy!

Personally, I'd love to see us get one of those X-axis/4D coasters. I've never had the opportunity of riding one before!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »

Personally, I'd love to see us get one of those X-axis/4D coasters. I've never had the opportunity of riding one before!

Elevator lift.

In the may conversations of ideas that's been pointed out the existing tower iwould work for vertical lift hills like those on eurofighters and others as as well.

I should point out Hansa ark in Germany has a coaster that has a vertical lift that also functions as a drop tower, but it's a newer take on a Gerstlauer Eurofighters

Here's a quick lights on video of the drop tower coaster lift

http://youtu.be/AiBmPoHCyoQ
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:57:54 PM by chittlins »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »

Same here Joy.

Is Riverblast the only ride that Mack has built in SDC so far?

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 06:07:45 PM »
I know this sounds weird, but with my motion sickness I would not be able to ride a spinning coaster. Right now I can do all the rides at Silver Dollar City except for the tea cups, swings, electro spin, (a lot of the kiddie rides in Grand Expo) etc. anything that spins like they do. If this new attraction is a spinning coaster I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. I go from being excited about the new attraction to not. Hopefully it will be something I can ride.
Colorado SDC Fan

Hollwood

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »
It's a Mack.

looks more like a Peterbilt...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:12:19 PM by Hollywood »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »
I know this sounds weird, but with my motion sickness I would not be able to ride a spinning coaster. Right now I can do all the rides at Silver Dollar City except for the tea cups, swings, electro spin, (a lot of the kiddie rides in Grand Expo) etc. anything that spins like they do. If this new attraction is a spinning coaster I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. I go from being excited about the new attraction to not. Hopefully it will be something I can ride.

I don't like spinny flat rides either, though I can ride them.  I don't know that a spinning coaster feels the same, though,  The spin is usually not constant and not even really fast.  Of course, we still don't know what this one will do.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating