Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 517345 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2016, 03:17:38 PM »
Still, it would be nice to make an effort.  There are too many parking lots that have now been exposed; even the train, which was always a trip through the forest, has a blatant view of parking lots.  A simple hedge or fence would at least limit the visibility.

At the same time, there is probably a need for an access road where this one is being placed.  The convenience of a road on that side of the City will alleviate any need for a vehicle having to come into the park proper.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2016, 04:26:10 PM »
At the same time, there is probably a need for an access road where this one is being placed.  The convenience of a road on that side of the City will alleviate any need for a vehicle having to come into the park proper.
They actually have good access in this area by road now.  Check on Google Earth.  Look at a winter view and you can see the access points easier.  Some dirt roads as well.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2016, 04:35:13 PM »
This new road is a direct shot to EH.  It was installed so bigger names can be brought in to use EH.  This new road will allow bigger equipment rigs (that the bigger names use) to come and park backstage.  The old access road wasn't big or wide enough and featured curves that the bigger vehicles had issues navigating.  EH is going to become a lot bigger of an influence on the park starting next season.  Major upgrades are coming on line this offseason.
SWOOSH

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2016, 05:49:10 AM »
Has there been any word on when they are going to announce what's going on yet?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2016, 06:05:38 AM »
Didn't see or hear any date. Might start seeing hint signs soon.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I saw now 3 different cleared areas along the fast left hill turn on TNT, where the coaster might go. I heard more employees say the line will go where the fence is and the kiddie rides will be moved. I also heard 1 employee say Riverfront Playhouse will be torn down soon because it is starting to get old and rot, maybe Flooded Mine too. She agreed AP needs a complete overhaul and Fith needs to be rebuilt because the building is getting bad, needs new technology, and animatronics. I was looking for more flags as I went down to EH when the usher opened the chain at 6:18. Still the same flags, but the biggest sign of construction was behind EH. There is a huge clearing you can see from the top of the stairs. I think it is the service road and it goes in a loop, so the area along Indian Point has 1 enter and 1 exit road in 1 place. I looked for more signs near the GE stroller parking and noticed I could see TNT from there since there has been so many trees cleared.

Besides what I heard about the trains, 1 said we would be riding some kind of lift from here to Branson as another form of transportation.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:48:46 AM by Laroy »

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »
With all the clearing and moving around of things, it seems like it's going to be a pretty big project.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »
I was there Saturday and rode TNT several times to see what I could see. I did see a pretty big clearing with the start of some sort of wall or platform or something made out of blocks.  Was not that tall yet, probably just started it.  I watched a show in the Riverfront playhouse this weekend, which was the first time I had ever been in there which is crazy for as long as we have been going.  I would be disappointed to see it torn down as well as FM.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »
So with the arrival of August and the completion of the mountain coaster, we should see some real movement here soon.

I'm thinking I might be able to zoom over there for a quick day trip next week to get some fresh photos.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #218 on: August 05, 2016, 01:54:55 AM »
Okay so I went to the City yesterday evening for MM. Rode ThuNderaTion 3 times to scope out the construction area. In several areas there is now green spray paint markings in and around the Coaster/Column stakes. Nearly the entire hillside opposite to TNT at the bottom loop around is scalped and totally cleared of trees and vegetation, it can be really off putting the first time you see it when you are used to "flying thru the woods" in that section. The hillside leading up the the helix just as you reach the lift hill is also scalped. Several 10-20 foot retaining walls have also been constructed with several more construction marker stakes littering all along the hillsides. Obviously since they are doing a good job keeping the construction hidden from the park as I was unable to get pictures since the only way to clearly see the construction was while being on the coaster. They have really cleared a substantial amount of real estate down there for this. I wouldn't be surprised if footers started popping up in the next couple months as it seems like they have reached that point for it to be the next logical step.

Oh and OR was closed all day and evening and both PK and TNT for a short period. I am assuming TNT was shut down for the final two hours due to the fireworks.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:25:30 AM by sdcfan88 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »
Have we discussed this mack coaster in Xi'an.
Would this qualify as a record breaking loop in the States?

https://youtu.be/tp5lXXOiccw

What's neat about this is I may ride it  one day. Xi'an is home to the Terracotta Army. It is one of the must do's for my Asian trip I've got penciled in for 2020 or 2021.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
Yeah I'm definitely going to have to make a quick trip down there next week to get an update of some sort. Sounds like things are rolling along now. Thanks for the update sdcfan88. Sounds about like what I expected as far as tree clearing. I'm sure there will be a lot more, but if they bring out the theming to make up for it, it could be worth it. Hopefully TNT will get some love as well.

^lol, yeah we've discussed it. That's still my dream pick, but it doesn't seem unique enough to be what they'd pick for this project.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
I was hoping the park might be close in announcing something even if the opening isn't until 2018.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2016, 12:41:18 AM »
Off topic but WOF is announcing at 11am on Aug 18th what is new for 2017
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »
^ <Sigh>

I'm Your Huckleberry

mammalone

« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2016, 02:53:36 PM »
I was hoping the park might be close in announcing something even if the opening isn't until 2018.

It's coming sooner rather than later, Duelist. The question is...how much will we actually find out in the announcement? I'm sure it will be a little here and a little there over the coming months rather than letting everything out of the bag all at once. Or it may be of the scale that they have to go ahead and do a full announcement in Sept. Can't wait for the next few weeks...