Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 515743 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1545 on: February 02, 2018, 04:51:35 PM »
Valley Road hugs the ridge of Echo Hollow now.

that will be different for sure..  I wasnt expecting that... ;D

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 05, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »
I'm having a hard time picturing how this will work....even with the pictures.  Did they do some ground leveling around the old poke salad/skillet buildings too.  If I recall...the back path and green tables had a few grade differences around that area.  My kids loved to eat on of the really long green tables that sat at about a / 10% grade...lol  "Momma...side down the juice box".

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:45:58 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 05, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding the location of the most recent pictures too, and I've been going there for 30 years.

Where is the photographer standing...and in what direction is the photo taken?

I wish I could see an aerial view, maybe that would make more sense to me!  ;D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1548 on: February 05, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »
Most of the photos were taken next to Cowboy Jepp’s facing towards the direction of the Frisco Barn. 

The new restaurant on the left is right across the pathway that was between Cowboy Jepp’s and FM’s Lake. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1549 on: February 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »
That big patch of trees is completely gone. That's why it's so unrecognizable. The pathway used to go straight between the trees and flooded mine, but now there are two restaurants occupying the former path space and the new path cuts to the far side where the benches used to be. It's all been leveled and graded and of course there are the several missing buildings.

It will be hard to get our bearings there after so many years of the old setup.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 06, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »
wow....yeap the path was full of tree and islands around that area.  Sounds like they opened it up and curved it towards TnT/Restrooms right there where FL exit is.  Are they trying to create a overlook of TT from the main path then? 

A restaurant at that location is pretty smart....I bet it will do well as long as the food selection is good.

I hope they create some more open eating areas to replace those old green tables.  As I've noted on here a few times before....that was one of the few good spots (I know there are others) for families who bring there lunch to eat together without going into a restaurant.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 06, 2018, 08:25:10 PM »
Valley Road is the same until it gets past the TT shop.  It then curves right and hugs the ridge of EH until reconnecting with the old path at the junction near Frisco / EH entrance.

It was rumored that a new dining patio would be located on the new "wall" at the FM Lake.  Judging by the photos from Carr and posted by Brad Thomas, I'd say that is happening.

I personally think the time of the "picnic tables for those who bring in lunches" is past as this new dining area will be pretty obvious that it is designed for the new replacement skillet restaurant and the new restaurant that went up.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:15 AM »
Valley Road is the same until it gets past the TT shop.  It then curves right and hugs the ridge of EH until reconnecting with the old path at the junction near Frisco / EH entrance.

It was rumored that a new dining patio would be located on the new "wall" at the FM Lake.  Judging by the photos from Carr and posted by Brad Thomas, I'd say that is happening.

I personally think the time of the "picnic tables for those who bring in lunches" is past as this new dining area will be pretty obvious that it is designed for the new replacement skillet restaurant and the new restaurant that went up.

that will be interetsing for sure to see the for the first time.. that area has been untouched for years.

The dining tables will be missed, they were nicely located under trees and always provided shade..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 07, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »

Yes, that out of the path in the shaded area will be missed.  I question how many tables they will lose.  Unfortunately those tables at the mine will probably be quite sunny, maybe they are planting a few trees for those that cant do the sun. I hope,   

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1554 on: February 07, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »
There's a nice covered area being built between the new chicken restaurant and the new skillets. I'm sure it will be crowded though... overall it's a reduction of eating space from what I can tell, and with one new restaurant and one like-new skillet stand, I'm sure there will be tons of people trying it out this year. We'll see though, it's really hard to tell through a couple of photos. There are a few new trees too, though obviously an overall reduction.

5 weeks...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 07, 2018, 05:19:00 PM »

Yes, that out of the path in the shaded area will be missed.  I question how many tables they will lose.  Unfortunately those tables at the mine will probably be quite sunny, maybe they are planting a few trees for those that cant do the sun. I hope,

Think more of the dining area for Rib House on the right side closest to Lost River
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 07, 2018, 08:56:17 PM »
the dining area by the Dockside Grill is very shaded and is roomy...  might make a good place for a bag lunch...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 08, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »
Think more of the dining area for Rib House on the right side closest to Lost River

That entire area is full of tables. Nice and shady.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 08, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
As far as shade is concerned,  the tables by Lumberjack, are also in shady area.  As well as the outside sitting area at Crossroads Pizza.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 08, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »
I imagine they want another dining area they can use in the winter - hence the roof for this area
SWOOSH