Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511841 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1395 on: October 01, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »
Could we be looking at a relocated restaurant/beverage stand?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:03:28 PM by mhguy77 »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 01, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/time-traveler-construction-sdc_24.html
I have a question as I have not been to the city all summer.  It looks like a lot of steps to get to this building.  How will this be ADA compliant?  Is the exit a "ramped" bridge? or does it also contain steps?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 01, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »
@MH,  yes the exit ramp is the entrance access for handicap....

I wondered about beverage/concession area,
But there would/should be water lines in that area also.. and there isnt..  (for now anyway). 
They could be added later...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 01, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »
I wondered about beverage/concession area,
But there would/should be water lines in that area also.. and there isnt..  (for now anyway). 
They could be added later...

It seems they will have to retool that entire area near the entrance and with the small skillets and what not there they could certainly be looking to shift things around.  Looks like the gift shop is also steps up from street level.  I would think that would lend itself more to a walk up concession.  That and the drainage pipes, your right about the water missing .......  interesting thing to watch.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1399 on: October 04, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
Photos from this past weekend.
The new shop has gone vertical and some catwalks are in place on the final turn area back into the station
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/10/time-traveler-construction-sdc.html
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 05, 2017, 07:37:35 AM »
The new shop has gone vertical
Could this be the on-ride photoshop? 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1401 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »
The new shop has gone vertical
Could this be the on-ride photoshop?

Wouldn't it be hard to get an on-ride photo on a spinning coaster?
I know that MOA tried with Timberline Twister/Fairly Odd Coaster and didn't have much success
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 06, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »
Wouldn't it be hard to get an on-ride photo on a spinning coaster?
I know that MOA tried with Timberline Twister/Fairly Odd Coaster and didn't have much success
Good point.  I agree that shop looks small and also agree that the utility pipes are interesting although maybe that's SDCs idea of conduit.  I thought possible photoshop as this would need a fair amount of wiring.  I guess this will be the TT mystery for a while.  That's ok, we need something to talk and speculate about. 

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 06, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
What if the on-ride camera is actually on the train/car itself? The concept art shows a kind of console in front of the riders with those rolling number things.... They could easily put in a camera there. I mean, they were able to do on-ride video on Wildfire by putting the camera on the train itself...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 06, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
What if the on-ride camera is actually on the train/car itself? The concept art shows a kind of console in front of the riders with those rolling number things.... They could easily put in a camera there. I mean, they were able to do on-ride video on Wildfire by putting the camera on the train itself...

You sure are right about that!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 09, 2017, 12:54:24 PM »

This comment got my brain spinning (pun intended).  As an IT guy who has some experience with the technology needed I would say it's not as easy as it sounds but very possible.  The trick is being able to retrieve the data from the cameras to get the video/pics to the shop to sell securely and timely.  A traditional on-ride camera is actually off the ride and wired to the photo station and has plenty of time for the ride to complete as it sends the images.  Basically can be done with just a couple pieces of technology and software.  If a camera is mounted to the ride....it would need a different way to deliver the pic and/or vids.  Tech is no doubt available to create a secured wireless network within the station that could connect the devices (on-board cameras) as the train arrives.   The key would be if they could build out a wireless network that can connect and transfer the data fast enough to be available by the time you get to the photo hut.   It would probably have to connect with each seat too.  It's an interesting scenario to plan out.....and presents a lot of possible points of data failure so probable wouldn't be the most reliable system.  Plus the amount of tech devices needed to buy and maintenance just exploded.  With the right setup/investment....the park could always save the pic's and try to sell them online later too.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:58:23 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1406 on: October 09, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
The trick is being able to retrieve the data from the cameras to get the video/pics to the shop to sell securely and timely.   The key would be if they could build out a wireless network that can connect and transfer the data fast enough to be available by the time you get to the photo hut.   It would probably have to connect with each seat too.

See Dollywood's system for Wild Eagle- actual onride video footage from cameras mounted in the cars on the back of the seat in front of them, transmitted wirelessly and able to be purchased as soon as you get off of the ride.  you can see it from our recent trip at https://youtu.be/5a-AkTBpsC0

in this case, the car would need an "island" or something in the middle of it to hold the cameras, but they've got them small enough now that it wouldn't take much room and is very possible.

That doesn't mean they are going to do it with TT.  I've no clue if they want to or not.  But saying that it most certainly is possible and is happening on other coasters now if they wanted to go with on ride footage from on the cars themselves.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »

See Dollywood's system for Wild Eagle- actual onride video footage from cameras mounted in the cars on the back of the seat in front of them, transmitted wirelessly and able to be purchased as soon as you get off of the ride.  you can see it from our recent trip at https://youtu.be/5a-AkTBpsC0

in this case, the car would need an "island" or something in the middle of it to hold the cameras, but they've got them small enough now that it wouldn't take much room and is very possible.

That doesn't mean they are going to do it with TT.  I've no clue if they want to or not.  But saying that it most certainly is possible and is happening on other coasters now if they wanted to go with on ride footage from on the cars themselves.

Nice!!!!  Thanks for sharing.  I wonder if their network/systems designed is leaked somewhere....lol.  See if it's built the way I'm thinking.  Maybe I should go look for IT jobs at HFE  :o
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:14 PM »
So I was at the park for a little while sunday morning.. 
I have a few pics of new building... what I could get..  LOL. 
few Pics of RR Engine on display at the depot, 
and several pics of the new Midtown Christmas Facades and displays. This area is going to look fantastic after dark!!.

you must be signed into FB to use this link...... Shave- Swoosh, use pics if you want to..... ;D

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10212631008201645.1073741955.1578260143&type=3

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1409 on: October 11, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »
Great photos!  It looks like it's going to be an awesome display in the area down there.  Looking forward to seeing it once everything is turned on and lit up.

This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.