Author Topic: 4th of July weekend  (Read 4160 times)

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
4th of July weekend
« on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:13 AM »
How busy do you think it will be the 4th weekend, particularly Sunday and Monday. 

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 4th of July weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:52:22 AM »
I bet Friday Saturday will be killers but Sunday and Monday may be "drive home" days for most.  I always find Sundays to be good days jsut get their early and knock a cpl bog rides out early.  You are making the best choice of holiday weekend days.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
Lol yeah that's always been my experience that Friday and Saturday were crazy.  But we always get there early, and even on busy days right at chain drop we can usually still knock out several rides.  I just haven't been on the 4th weekend so I didn't know if it would about the same as Memorial Day weekend or busier than that.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
I am trying to decide between going to SDC or Frontier City in OKC this weekend as we have season passes to both.  We usually go the OKC on weeks that it appears Branson is going to be crazy crowded as we can usually get in and out of rides with very little wait.  I usually look for hotels on travelocity to see what the prices are going for to determine how busy Branson and SDS will be.  Some of our usual $50 a night places are going for $80 plus right now, so that tells me it might be best to avoid the area this weekend.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 05:11:37 PM »
@okiebenz.  welcome to the group.  As a member of SDCFans you qualify for a discount room rate at Classin Motor Inn, on the west side of Branson. 
Did not know if you were aware of that. 
Our every day room rate is only 40.00 per night and is good all year around, EXCEPT for car show week/weekend.
Here is the link to the current thread. You will find out that several of us here stay here alot.!  any questions? post them accordingly...
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3424.0

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:23 PM »
The sdcfan rate is not good on holiday weekends :( however Katy will split the difference between the two rates. BTW i guess the weather kept a bunch of people away. We went yesterday  (Fri) and it was walkons all day :o the longest wait was about 10 min

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 05:08:49 PM »
Just spoke to my sister who came back from SDC This afternoon. She said yesterday the 3rd was very light. They felt like they had the place to themselves. Heavy rain in the morning must have dampened everyone's spirits. They made a quick stop to pick up a piece of pottery today as they were leaving and she said it was the same today. She did say Branson was hopping all weekend. Guess with the rain people chose different activities.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 07:29:00 PM »
We just got home, branson was crazy busy but sdc was not bad.  Today it was the longest waits we saw all weekend and for a holiday it was not bad at all.  Had a great trip.  Happy 4th to everyone!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 07:54:30 AM »
Sunday crowds was pretty light probably due to the heavy rain and the morning.  Then a small storm/shower in the afternoon closed the rides for about a 1/2 hour and the park really got empty.  It was great except that the coasters were only running one train so they all still had 10-20 minute waits.

btw....SDC tip.....if the rides are closed due to lightning....Fire in the Hole and FM are still open.  We got a two rides in on FiTH during the rain delay!!!
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »
btw....SDC tip.....if the rides are closed due to lightning....Fire in the Hole and FM are still open.  We got a two rides in on FiTH during the rain delay!!!

This is exactly why I wish they would build another INDOOR ride! Now, that is something I would get excited about.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »
^^^^  I agree....another indoor family ride that is heated/cooled and can run all year long would be awesome!!!!  Notice the three (FM, FiTH, Cave) we have are three of the oldest attractions in the park.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"