Author Topic: Grandfather's Mansion Re-hab?  (Read 46877 times)

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Grandfather's Mansion Re-hab?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 04:43:14 PM »
and they could theme the shot tower to tom saywer, like shooting out of a treehouse and the quene could be in the base of the house and have some cool scenery in it that would be neat to see.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

DocSpeleo

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »
Well, I walked through the mansion today and there was an employee monitoring the running children.  I did notice that a lot of the place looked freshened up.  It has been a while since I've been in there but the effects seemed to be working and even somethings I didn't remember.  There are some places with new paint and wallpaper. 

sdcforever

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »
^Did you notice the new felt on the pool table?  :)

DocSpeleo

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:17:22 PM »
haha yes i did notice the new felt. . i didn't mention it because it had already been mentioned somewhere here on the forums. lol

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 02:05:01 AM »
My dad had to carry me across the swaying hallway when I was little. I laugh at myself for that now. I love the third story idea in Grandfather's Mansion. But do we ever actually go to the 2nd floor? It's just the first and basement right? Correct me if I'm wrong. That seems like a great way to not remove any of the old features and add some great new ones. As far as Huck's Hideaway, that area is so quaint and I would hate for them to put a ride there. The treehouse works well.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
Maybe if they were to add a third story they could put it right before the mirror room to where you could go up there if you want, but you could also exit the ride. The third story would be awesome but it would be messing with a classic and it would change the whole outlook of the entire attraction.

I'd rather them just refurbish the entire thing.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
^ That is true and I thought I had. I wouldn't be excited about the front of the attraction looking completely different. But who knows, some changes are done well to old classics.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 09:51:08 PM »
They have to be careful about updating the attraction too much because right now it is "grandfathered" in and doesn't have to abide by ADA complicancy rules, but if they change too much that it becomes a "new" attraction the attraction's "grandfathered" status becomes void and the whole attraction has to become compliant.
SWOOSH

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 10:14:49 PM »
So unless they want to go to a lot of trouble, they won't be adding a lot of structural changes?

sdcforever

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 08:25:39 AM »
^^I guess that kinda nixes it.  That would change the whole attraction, adding ramps and such.

I've always wanted to go in the bedroom (John's room, I believe.  Correct me if I'm wrong), ever since I first went through.  I pulled and pulled on that doorknob, and was always disappointed that it would never open.  It'd be cool if you could go in there.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
^It's actually a bathroom because if you knock (like the sign tells you to) you can hear flushing noises, or I'm just imagining that. But I've always wanted to go in there also. Maybe they could put that room in if they did a rehab. It wouldn't require any structural changes I wouldn't think.

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
If you look through the keyhole, you can see someone in the shower.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Ahh, that's right. I remember that now. For some reason I was thinking that that was somewhere else.

sdcforever

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
^^I had forgotten that too.  It's been a while since I've stopped and knocked on that door.  Still, it'd be cool if they could revamp that room.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »
Isn't John in his room with his rowdy friends?  That's the sound I hear when I pass the door.  I don't think the knocking actually does anything.

The shower scene is in the room next to the upside down bedroom.  The shower scene is now upside down too, but didn't used to be.  Another note - now it's Grandpa in the shower, but didn't it used to be a shapely female on the other side of the curtain?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:57:16 PM by Dale »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating