Author Topic: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16  (Read 27764 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Just completed a survey about another new attraction. Concept 2 was shown first -- about a bucking and spinning ride based on riding a bull associated with the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show. Proposed names were Rodeo, Trick Rider, and Round Up. Most of the questions were about this concept. Then concept 1 was shown -- about an attraction where mining cars go out of control. No real questions about this attraction but was asked which concept I preferred based on reading about the concepts.

There were also the usual questions about how many times I had visited SDC in the past 12 months, was I a season pass holder within the last 3 years, etc.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »
Just completed a survey about another new attraction. Concept 2 was shown first -- about a bucking and spinning ride based on riding a bull associated with the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show. Proposed names were Rodeo, Trick Rider, and Round Up. Most of the questions were about this concept. Then concept 1 was shown -- about an attraction where mining cars go out of control. No real questions about this attraction but was asked which concept I preferred based on reading about the concepts.

There were also the usual questions about how many times I had visited SDC in the past 12 months, was I a season pass holder within the last 3 years, etc.

Spinning coaster, both of them.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:29:27 PM »
I too received the survey. Was disappointed to have more questions on concept two over concept one.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »
So how do you get signed up for these? I regularly get the customer experience email surveys but not the attraction ones. When I did the signup I thought I would get both? No?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:48:26 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:56:14 PM »
Weird how they would ask specific questions about one, but not the other. I wonder if this survey means anything, or if it's another red herring or just a general gauge of interest sort of thing.

What kind of bucking and spinning ride? Did it look like anything you recognized in any other park? Out of control mining carts could be anything - that's the easiest theme SDC could go for (and is basically what TNT is about).

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
Conecpt 2

One drawing showed people entering a large barn. 2 different arches were drawn. Some Buffalo Bill posters. Looked like a big tower with a major drop and some trees. The car was brown, from the drawing couldn't tell if it held 2 or 4 people, lines implied spinning. Notation of audio stampede sounds.  All of these were separate drawings on one page like they were all drawn on 1 page of a sketch pad.

Here's the description given:

"Buffalo Bill is an American Legend. Young men and women dream of riding along side him in his famous show, but before you can head out on the road with the American adventurer, you have to prove your mettle at Silver Dollar City

Only the bravest and finest cowboys can take on the biggest, meanest, most onery bulls this side of the Mississippi! Climb aboard your bull and hold on tight as the massive beast takes off, doing his mighty best to shake you from his back. But watch out! Just when you think you are close to taming the beast, he spins you powerfully in another direction."

Concept 1

Drawing of a large building with a big tower on the back. Drawing of 4 cars plunging almost straight down from the tower. Other drawings were mine related -- signs, tools, etc.

Here's the description:

"All that glitters may not be real. Can you tell the difference? Find out as you travel in search of the mysterious "silver caves" rumored to be in the unexplored parts of the Silver Dollar City mountains. But beware! Many an explorer before you has lost their way in search of riches.

An eery, howling wind fills the air adding to the uneasy feeling that it is not good to explore abandoned mines. By the time you catch glimpse of the ramshackle entrance, it's too late to go back. Your cart starts careening, spinning out of control as you fly by forgotten mining equipment. Exploring is an adventure, but will this hair-raising journey end in riches??!!"

Both rides sound like spinning coasters.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 11:16:35 AM »
I got the survey yesterday as well and took the time to fill it out.  As has been mentioned, Concept 2 featuring Buffalo Bill had most of the survey dedicated to it.  The conceptual artwork wasn't too bad and clearly depicted a spinning coaster.  It talked about climbing aboard your bull and holding on.  It said you had to master your craft at Silver Dollar City before heading out with Buffalo Bill on the show circuit. The survey wanted you to provide what you thought would be the best name for the ride.
Concept 1 was only briefly mentioned and referenced silver caves.  It talked about an abandoned mine and searching for the caves in the unexplored parts of Silver Dollar City's mountains.  It also showed some conceptual artwork. They wanted know which concept you preferred and if either project would be more likely to have you visit SDC. This was the first survey I had gotten in some time.   

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 01:29:46 PM »

"All that glitters may not be real. Can you tell the difference? Find out as you travel in search of the mysterious "silver caves" rumored to be in the unexplored parts of the Silver Dollar City mountains. But beware! Many an explorer before you has lost their way in search of riches.

An eery, howling wind fills the air adding to the uneasy feeling that it is not good to explore abandoned mines. By the time you catch glimpse of the ramshackle entrance, it's too late to go back. Your cart starts careening, spinning out of control as you fly by forgotten mining equipment. Exploring is an adventure, but will this hair-raising journey end in riches??!!"

That sounds almost exactly like the wording they used to advertise Mystery Mine. I'm thinking they're looking at an enclosed gerstauler spinning coaster? That would be pretty awesome. I'd rather have a traditional G-fighter, but I'll take anything that's mostly enclosed and highly thematic.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »
It could be that this is a hint to 2017 and a future project.  The mine is right for the area in question, but it looks that they may add to the western/farm area in the future.  They've tried to pitch a Pony Express coaster in the past with riders on horses, but Buffalo Bill may be more of a flat concept.  With this survey, they may just be probing for possible names.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
My vote is the mine. Inside and outside, highly themed, caves etc. and would fit with thunderation. But as others have said its already been decided.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
My vote is the mine. Inside and outside, highly themed, caves etc. and would fit with thunderation. But as others have said its already been decided.

My vote is the mine, also.  Because I liked this concept better, I had only negative comments to make about the Buffalo Bill attraction, and zero comments about what I liked about it until I wasn't able to progress in the survey. You can't go on to the next page without stating what you liked about it.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 06:09:42 PM »
I vote for anything NOT a spinning coaster, which both concepts sound like...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 09:44:28 PM »
Buffalo bill - no...........no.....no. No. No. NO. NO! NO! NONONONO!!!
Mine all the way. Much better theme people will love a lot more. I think any indoor ride would be best for SDC, no matter what ride it is. If part or all of it is outdoors, I still think it will be a Suspended, because of what was shown on Undercover Boss.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 10:00:08 PM »
Yeah definitely a big no on their fixation with more spinning rides. They got plenty in the GE and FL areas. And I hope they are not running out of ideas and trying to turn the park into another Frontier City or SFOT theme park with more emphasis on generic 1880's wild west themes intead of 1880's Ozark themes.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
I actually like the way they do stuff at Frontier City. Its just a great park. I never even notice the theme, which is the good part. The music, as usual I wish wasnt there, which is why Halloween is the best time to go. I hate OR and I dont really care for TGS because of the themes, so I rarely go over there. I never knew SFOT ever did a western theme. I thought it was an all around excellent park like every other Six Flags is.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:06:32 PM by Laroy »