Author Topic: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16  (Read 27767 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2016, 02:15:44 PM »
It is for me. I still dont get why its all great and everything. Nothing compared to all the others.

What others are you comparing it to? O R  set a standard most other woodies strive to achieve now. One of the best coasters I have ever been on bar none.

I've ridden most of the US RMC coasters and OR is by far their best installation. 

1. Outlaw Run
2. Lightning Rod
3. New Texas Giant
4. Goliath
5. Storm Chaser
6. Iron Rattler

Still need to hit up Wicked Cyclone, the Joker and Twisted Collossus.
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »
So how do you get signed up for these? I regularly get the customer experience email surveys but not the attraction ones. When I did the signup I thought I would get both? No?

I don't usually get the ride concept surveys either but that may be due to the fact when they ask the question "How would this attraction affect whether you visit SDC next year?" i always answer it doesn't  affect at all since we buy season passes every year and go whether they add anything new or not.  I'm sure they are sending the surveys to those who usually don't come to SDC every year (or at least multiple times during the year). 
I'm Your Huckleberry

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
So how do you get signed up for these? I regularly get the customer experience email surveys but not the attraction ones. When I did the signup I thought I would get both? No?

I don't usually get the ride concept surveys either but that may be due to the fact when they ask the question "How would this attraction affect whether you visit SDC next year?" i always answer it doesn't  affect at all since we buy season passes every year and go whether they add anything new or not.  I'm sure they are sending the surveys to those who usually don't come to SDC every year (or at least multiple times during the year).

But I've seen quite a few in this thread & in other threads who did receive the survey, I'm an every other year season pass guy & have been for many years. I'd really love to take the survey!
Nobody has answered on how to get on the list or get involved, I'd like my voice to be heard to the POB
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »

But I've seen quite a few in this thread & in other threads who did receive the survey, I'm an every other year season pass guy & have been for many years. I'd really love to take the survey!
Nobody has answered on how to get on the list or get involved, I'd like my voice to be heard to the POB

Same here man. How do we sign up? Can someone please tell us?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »
If I recall correctly, I began receiving surveys after I signed up for SDC's e-mail list. There was a checkbox to tick for if you wanted to receive surveys.

I haven't received one in a while, though. Never saw the most recent ones.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »

You can always email them your thoughts.  I emailed them on my opinions on the 3 spinning coaster choices even though i didn't get the survey.  They thanked me and said my comments would be passed along to the attractions team.  the surveys, I'm sure, are sent out to get a wide range of opinions because most visitors don't contact them with what they'd like to see/experience at the park (unless the PTB are looking at this board frequently then they'll get a lot of input on those subjects- LOL)
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2016, 03:43:15 PM »
Sometimes they mail surveys to season pass holders who hit the right box when they sign up. They also had a sign-up sheet by the ticket booths at one point a few years ago, maybe it's still there.

But I doubt they are sending each of these surveys to every customer available, and I don't think they necessarily want to send it to people like us who specifically want to direct the park. I am sure they have some targeting parameters to find out what their primary customer base wants, ie: young families. They probably throw out all the responses from the young coaster enthusiasts.  ::)

I think you have the right idea Duelist - they are probably heavily weighted towards finding what it will take to bring old customers back. Customers that have been lost to Six Flags...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
I will go ahead and mention this.  This comes from SDC employees,  the letters you send to the PTB are read and they are passed on and up. 
SDC apparently does heed letters they receive.  I have heard about backlash from letters and large changes that have come because of them.  I would not wear it out writing letters every time you see something out of place but if its important some people still do pay attention when you take the time to put pen to paper and write them.  Its harder to ignore a letter than a email message.  If you feel strongly write them, the answer you receive may be bland because often they cant respond as much as they might like.  The letters are not incinerated, they are passed up the line.