Author Topic: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16  (Read 27777 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »
I vote for anything NOT a spinning coaster, which both concepts sound like...

I couldn't agree more Tinmann.  I love a Buffalo Bill concept ride but a spinning coaster would be a "no-ride" or a "too sick to ride anything else the rest of the day" ride for me
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 11:05:26 PM »
If they do something like Cobra's Curse with the elevator lift and 3 different sections it might be fine.  You're only free spinning the last 3rd of the ride
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »
I actually like the way they do stuff at Frontier City. Its just a great park. I never even notice the theme, which is the good part. The music, as usual I wish wasnt there, which is why Halloween is the best time to go. I hate OR and I dont really care for TGS because of the themes, so I rarely go over there. I never knew SFOT ever did a western theme. I thought it was an all around excellent park like every other Six Flags is.

I've never actually been to a Six Flags park, but based off of pictures I don't think Six Flags parks are very comparable to SDC and you're making it sound like they are all better than SDC.  I also see nothing wrong with the theming of OR and the Barn Swing.

On topic, I will be very disappointed if this ride turns out to be a spinning or family coaster since all signs up to this point have pointed towards a B&M of some sort.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 01:16:20 AM »
On topic, I will be very disappointed if this ride turns out to be a spinning or family coaster since all signs up to this point have pointed towards a B&M of some sort.

Same here, BUT maybe we have it all wrong and they are actually checking opinions for the 2020 ride and maybe the rumored Dive Coaster was actually for 2017 after all and it would fit the $30-$40 million price tag better. It would also work with that section of the park by TNT as they could theme it to cave explorers "diving" into the cave. In fact it seems very plausible the more I think about it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:12:23 AM by sdcfan88 »

Baldwin

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 05:42:08 AM »
What I fear and don't desire at all is a ride like Spinning Dragons at World's of Fun.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 07:54:51 AM »
I think this survey is for 2020. I do not agree with the Buffalo Bill theme though. This is no more Ozark than the Hatfields and McCoys are. Stick with the local lore and legends to theme the rides.

Does it seem to anyone else they are trying to cowboy the place up more all the time ? Instead of sticking to the original theme.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 08:18:24 AM »
I will be very disappointed if they go with a spinning coaster.  I really think the park needs a giga.  No inversions, just all out height, speed, and lots of airtime.  I'm curious why they have never been rumored to be looking at any intamin coasters.  They have more options than any other coaster company and are usually more thrilling than even B&M.

Hollwood

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 09:14:02 AM »
I will be very disappointed if they go with a spinning coaster.  I really think the park needs a giga.  No inversions, just all out height, speed, and lots of airtime.  I'm curious why they have never been rumored to be looking at any intamin coasters.  They have more options than any other coaster company and are usually more thrilling than even B&M.

I will refer you to The Lost River...

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »
Which is why I said Intamin COASTERS

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 09:28:51 AM »
I think this survey is for 2020. I do not agree with the Buffalo Bill theme though. This is no more Ozark than the Hatfields and McCoys are. Stick with the local lore and legends to theme the rides.

Does it seem to anyone else they are trying to cowboy the place up more all the time ? Instead of sticking to the original theme.

They are just expanding the theme - not changing it.  Ever thought that they might be looking at ways to redo the Grand Expo and that a Wild Bill's Western Show coming to town would make more sense than a World's Fair?
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 10:13:54 AM »
If they do something like Cobra's Curse with the elevator lift and 3 different sections it might be fine.  You're only free spinning the last 3rd of the ride

That may not be so bad.  I could always take motion sickness meds before riding it.
I'm Your Huckleberry

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 10:14:22 AM »
I am Team Mystery Mine. It seems to fit better. I feel that it fits with not only TNT but the FM and pays tribute to Rube Dugans Diving Bell. If they are able to do it right they might even be able to bring it back in this format.

But I do however like the Buffalo Bill theme. Just not the spinning coaster part. Not a fan.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »

and have a higher down time... but please continue. 
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

They are just expanding the theme - not changing it.  Ever thought that they might be looking at ways to redo the Grand Expo and that a Wild Bill's Western Show coming to town would make more sense than a World's Fair?

That's true.  The western style fits more with the theme/time period.  And even though I loved the original Stagecoach ride at the City I'm very happy they paid homage to it by making Outlaw Run a "stagecoach themed" ride.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »

Exactly what I think everyday. Makes me sick! This is not a cowboy park. Go somewhere else if you want that.