Author Topic: New Steam Engines Arriving at SDC  (Read 33007 times)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New Steam Engines Arriving at SDC
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »
Was this engine running last week?  Kept forgetting to look at the number of the engine every time it went by but it had a great whistle.  Big improvement over previous whistles in my opinion.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 05:27:47 PM »
Was this engine running last week?  Kept forgetting to look at the number of the engine every time it went by but it had a great whistle.  Big improvement over previous whistles in my opinion.

No it wasn't, at least not during park hours.  Today was it's first official day of operation.

Photos posted at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.933831653463736.1073741835.552161658297406&type=3 and video coming in a bit.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2018, 06:38:21 PM »
Video clips are live.  https://youtu.be/Vkc4_czKmPc
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 06:55:08 PM »
Looks and sounds great. Thanks for the video Sirwillow.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:09:07 AM by U Smell Smoke »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 01:26:09 AM »
Love it!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »
Video clips are live.  https://youtu.be/Vkc4_czKmPc

Thanks for the great video. The new engine looks awesome.

During your on-train footage, was the passenger who talked the entire time with your party? I apologize if she was, but I would be irritated if someone yammered on and on for the entire ride. It's hard enough to hear the conductor without someone else talking the whole time.

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2018, 07:05:22 PM »
sir wallow, I noticed in the video there were a fireman and an engineer in the cab. Do you know if this was just because of the inaugural day or will this locomotive require a 2 man operation?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2018, 07:26:59 PM »
sir wallow, I noticed in the video there were a fireman and an engineer in the cab. Do you know if this was just because of the inaugural day or will this locomotive require a 2 man operation?

Sir WALLOW!  ;D ;D  ;D
Perfect Fruidean Slip. 

No it only uses one, or at least that was the case today. 
SWOOSH

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
Thanks Swoosh

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2018, 11:13:46 AM »

During your on-train footage, was the passenger who talked the entire time with your party? I apologize if she was, but I would be irritated if someone yammered on and on for the entire ride. It's hard enough to hear the conductor without someone else talking the whole time.

Not with us.  It was just me and another guy, no women with us this time.  And yes, she talked a lot!  lol

They had 2 for the first day, but it only needs one to run.  The second person would be the "fireman"- in the old days the guy that would shovel coal into the firebox.  But since that has been converted to diesel instead of coal, that position isn't needed anymore.

Sir WALLOW!  ;D ;D  ;D
Perfect Fruidean Slip. 

::) ::) ::)  Guess I can't say I'm surprised at your amusement Swoosh.