Author Topic: Cedar Point  (Read 2506 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Cedar Point
« on: May 18, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »
So some members of my family are trying to plan a trip to Cedar Point at some point between June 12 & June 26. Do any members here have any recommendations as to when would be the best time to go and how many days we will want to spend there? We love coasters and would like to ride everything. Would a Fast Land pass be worth it ever?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Cedar Point
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:05:31 PM »
The earlier in June the better.  Tu-Th are best days to go.  If you have never been plan a minimum of 2 days to experience everything.   On site motels are nice as a way to escape midday for a nap but not a "must".  Soak City is not a must do. 

When you go, start at the back and work your way back forward.  Maverick will have its shortest lines in the morning and they will never get shorter.  Raptor and Gatekeeper will have longest lines in morning and be near walking later in the day. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:22:51 PM »
The last time I was there was 2007 or 8, but in two days we just barely did everything with a few re-rides here and there. If you really love rides and want to make sure you get everything in with plenty of re-rides, three days is not a bad idea. You won't get bored.

The Fast Passes are worth it to me if the lines for big things are over an hour, considering this is a destination park for me that I visit once every blue moon. I consider the CF system well managed, so I don't have any qualms about taking advantage of it. When I was at KI last year it was a cold, wet Tuesday in early June and the place was just packed so I splurged on one and it was the best decision I made that trip. I rode everything multiple times versus just barely hitting all the major coasters.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:53:12 PM »
Thanks for your responses!

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
Officially have booked our stay at Hotel Breakers for June 15-18 and got our three-day park passes included. We plan to stay somewhere right east of Chicago on the night of the fourteenth and we'll  be in the park on Wednesday-Friday, taking full advantage of the early hour on Thursday and Friday.