Author Topic: Talking during shows  (Read 1767 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Talking during shows
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:28:40 AM »
Last weekend at SDC we had folks around us who wanted to talk almost constantly during the bluegrass shows. Either they wanted to talk to the people with them or they wanted to talk on their cell phones.

Example, during one of the Nothin' Fancy shows, a couple came in after the show started and sat down next to a couple behind us. The 2 men started talking about how hard it was to get from show to show. Then 1 of them took out his cell phone and brought up the IMAX website. (I saw this when I turned around to see what was going on.) He then started talking to the other guy about the schedule at the IMAX theater and what films were the best. Several people shushed them but the guys kept on talking. Finally my husband turned around and asked them to please shut up because we wanted to hear the music and not them. At that point the guys and the women quit talking; the 4 of them got up and left before the show was over.

We went to see Moses Friday night at the Sight and Sound theater. Again we had people behind us who wanted to talk. One woman who seemed to have more Bible literacy than another kept explaining different points to her friend. At some point about 20 minutes into the production they finally quit talking.

I realize that we have all become comfortable talking about what's going on with what we are watching because we watch so much TV at home. And talking during performances seems to be acceptable at outdoor music festivals. But I sure wish people would be quiet during indoor performances and movies.

End of rant -- thank you for listening.