Author Topic: Atlanta Georgia Trip  (Read 3104 times)

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
Atlanta Georgia Trip
« on: May 15, 2016, 06:08:59 AM »
We will be visiting family in June and I just wondered what things are on people's "must do" lists for that area? We are pretty sure we are going to the aquarium:
http://www.georgiaaquarium.org

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Atlanta Georgia Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »
Get the CityPass and you'll save on the major attractions: World of Coke, CNN, GA Aquarium and more.  I'd suggest checking out Stone Mountain and SFoG if you have time.  The Braves opened a new stadium this year if you're into sports.  If you're traveling by car, I recommend a stop at Lake Winnepesaukah in Chatanooga - a traditional style amusement park with some older style classic rides you can't find anywhere else.
SWOOSH

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »
Thanks Swoosh!

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »
I just figured out that SFOG is Six Flags over Georgia?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »
Get the CityPass and you'll save on the major attractions: World of Coke, CNN, GA Aquarium and more.  I'd suggest checking out Stone Mountain and SFoG if you have time.  The Braves opened a new stadium this year if you're into sports.  If you're traveling by car, I recommend a stop at Lake Winnepesaukah in Chatanooga - a traditional style amusement park with some older style classic rides you can't find anywhere else.

Well, if you are going to throw in Chattannoga, throw in Rock City. The aquarium is nice but not Atlanta nice. The water steps are nice though. If you are into Tennessee Whiskey, the Jack Daniels tour is a good one. It's not far off the interstate state loop it Tullahoma with Dickle.

As for the new baseball stadium, you can go but it ain't open yet, that's next year. They are at Turner Field still.

Hollwood

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:56:34 PM »
If you have a Silver Dollar City season pass you get half off your Stone Mountain Admission (it's still $15 to park). It ends up being $18 after tax and includes all of the attractions except RTD ($10 add on) as well as the lasershow. You can spend a whole day there easy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:57:37 PM by Hollywood »